AOE Farming Group

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Durgrim
in Albion
Howdy folks.
Today I am interested in the most efficient 8 man setup for an AOE farming/leveling group in Albion and the place where you would do this.
We have a pretty nice overview on the midgard section, which tells you which level range you need to farm where and what.

Could one of Albion provide a nice setup and location details as well since I do not know Albion at all?

M.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:46 PM by dudis
You can do it in a lot of different ways, depending on location and preference

Basics would be:

Cleric
Cleric/friar
Wizz
Wizz
Blockbot
Blockbot

For the last two spots, you could add necro mana battery, a caba for pet-pulls, sorc/mins for power regen, or just more AoE, blocks or heals.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:03 PM by Seige
Best farm grp imo is

Cabby
Necro-battery
Clericx2
Friar
Wizx2(icer0
Sorc/Mins for PoM

This setup gives Cabby pet great buffs with one enh Cleric. Heal proc on pet for aggro from Cleric. Friar resists with Regen on pet. Necro makes sure no one goes oom. And icers just aoe the stacks the cabby brings in. With a good grp its constant large pulls with no downtime.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:21 PM by Losse
Seige wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:03 PM
Best farm grp imo is

Cabby
Necro-battery
Clericx2
Friar
Wizx2(icer0
Sorc/Mins for PoM

This setup gives Cabby pet great buffs with one enh Cleric. Heal proc on pet for aggro from Cleric. Friar resists with Regen on pet. Necro makes sure no one goes oom. And icers just aoe the stacks the cabby brings in. With a good grp its constant large pulls with no downtime.

Yeah this is the PVE leveling meta. Then the success of the group relies fairly heavy on how good the cab is and how good the group is at finding camps. Finding AOE can take some time depending on times you play and luck.

One interesting thing that this does is leaves a ton of mele, theurgs, minst, sorc, etc without consistent groups unless they run them personally so there are tons of them available to group. So one thing I did, was start a group and stack it with all mele, a pbt theurg, something for mana (minst, sorc, necro), at least 1 healer.

Paladin (just about manditory unless you have the camp fires going nonstop)
Arms
Merc
Reaver
Inf
Theurg (pbt makes life so much easier with this group and can allow the friar to mele or even get by with 1 healer)
Friar
Cleric
Sorc

This type of group is alot easier to heal and come back from a bad pull. It helps if the sorc isnt lazy and is willing to pull/cc as needed. With this setup a group like this can get as much, if not the same, XP as an average focus group. If someone leaves you can fill any slot fast (except maybe paladin/heals depending when you play). This is what i did when I got tired of soloing.

The camp fires let the mele do a lot of damage and even without them your going to be wanting to do purps with this group.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:25 PM by FFpheonix
Losse wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:21 PM
Seige wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:03 PM
Best farm grp imo is

Cabby
Necro-battery
Clericx2
Friar
Wizx2(icer0
Sorc/Mins for PoM

Yeah this is the PVE leveling meta. Then the success of the group relies fairly heavy on how good the cab is and how good the group is at finding camps. Finding AOE can take some time depending on times you play and luck.

One interesting thing that this does is leaves a ton of mele, theurgs, minst, sorc, etc without consistent groups unless they run them personally so there are tons of them available to group. So one thing I did, was start a group and stack it with all mele, a pbt theurg, something for mana (minst, sorc, necro), at least 1 healer.

Paladin (just about manditory unless you have the camp fires going nonstop)
Arms
Merc
Reaver
Inf
Theurg (pbt makes life so much easier with this group and can allow the friar to mele or even get by with 1 healer)
Friar
Cleric
Sorc

This type of group is alot easier to heal and come back from a bad pull. It helps if the sorc isnt lazy and is willing to pull/cc as needed. With this setup a group like this can get as much, if not the same, XP as an average focus group. If someone leaves you can fill any slot fast (except maybe paladin/heals depending when you play). This is what i did when I got tired of soloing.

The camp fires let the mele do a lot of damage and even without them your going to be wanting to do purps with this group.

Leave out the Sorc, add another melee class, and have the Theurg root pull. This is what I did late in the 40s, the Infs and Minst that want to dps really appreciate it.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:51 AM by Komaf
Alb might not have aoe stun groups or an animist. But they have the necromancer/battery and every group should have one to make the best of this particular realm

Also, three pbaoe is the best overall - though I've been in 4...and it's sick but..

PBT Theurg
Necro/sight spec for battery
Cleric heal proc/spec buffs nice if you want a focus group
Friar group hot
Cabby for focus
2 x pbaoe to bomb inc focused mobs
Sorc/minstrel
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics