Let's talk necro RA's, and server-specific RVR tricks.

Started 11 Feb 2019
by Gatlgard
in Albion
So, the passive stat boosts and % bonuses. Do these apply to my pet, or me? What about mastery of pain? If that doesn't go straight to the pet, it's truly broken. Whether or not an RA would be useful is case-by-base. Int is useless to the pet, and wonderful for me. Con might be good for me if it was transferred to the pet. Quickness is useless to me, but helps the pet. Has anyone tested these thoroughly?

On to the actives:
Purge is a no-brainer.
Juggernaut - Good? Bad? Ugly? Does getting your pet to 60 or 70 render it difficult to CC? That would be tremendously useful, if so.
The Empty Mind - does this apply to the pet correctly? As in, granting both damage reduction and CC reduction?
Adrenaline Rush - applies to the pet?
Concentration - opinions? A second quickcast would in theory mean 4 uninterruptible casts for us.
And the three RA nukes - Thornweed, Negative, and VP. VP isn't what it used to be, but it might surprise people expecting a wimpy lifetap. How about negative maelstrom? It's GTAOE, so it can be used to purge mushroom farms, which we can all agree is a useful asset.

I've read that healing pots can be used in shade form to heal your pet, in a pinch. Is this still true?
There was also talk of a 331 dd staff charge that was usable in shade form. Still true? Are all charge-items usable as a shade? If so, can you suggest others to collect?

Thanks in advance, fellow necros!
Mon 11 Feb 2019 7:50 AM by kvothe
Purge
Ichor
MCL

After that go for passive RA's since your damage is not the very best without them.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:22 AM by Koljar
Heard ichor is castable even while the pet is CCed (due to being shade casted). What about VP? Same here? If so: VP1 should be a no brainer.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 2:50 PM by relvinian
You can use the 331 staff in necro form.

I have a bug report on negative maelstrom in, basically you can use it without los and with your pet in a place u cannot receive damage which can't be right.

I would use a lot of passives first.

I used this chart to figure out how to get caster ras seems to work

http://www.daoccastercalc.com/#!/home

Toughness is actually your friend as well.

Negative maelstrom was situational. volcanic pillar has sort of weak dmg but nice range and aoe radius. Ichor is quite nice as it resets root immunity and has a really nice range and aoe radius.

For sure all necros need wild power.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:14 PM by Gatlgard
Shade-casting working while cc'd is interesting. I assume that only applies for things that don't travel thru the pet? Obviously I haven't used any of the RA nukes yet.

Relv: Isn't having no LOS check a feature of GTAOE's? I mean, I can just hop on my earth wizard, push my ground target through a solid wall, and blast through it. That's how I remember these nukes working, and what I just tested a moment ago fits my memory. This is one of the reasons I complain about a lack of earth wizards - they're a viable counter to shroom farms and just basically kings of siege.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:20 PM by relvinian
you should need to be able to see your ground target
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:34 PM by Gatlgard
Are you completely sure? I remember using it without LOS to strike people behind keep walls. On Mordred, I even abused this property alongside a little terrain exploitation to get myself out of bounds over by the Tir Na Nog gates. (I was a reprehensible young man.) And a quick google shows people complaining about GTAOE not having an LOS.

Also:
https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-wizard
"Target takes damage. Damage done is of the spell's given damage type. This is an "Ground Target Area of Effect" (GTAOE) spell which can affect multiple targets in the spell's radius, and does not require a line of sight from the caster to its target. You can set a ground target by pressing the Ground Target key (default: F5) and moving the crosshairs as desired. Other players can designate a target for the caster by using the /groundassist command."
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:13 PM by Woodspryte
GTAoE not having a LoS check is how it should be, this is how it always was on live.
Tue 7 Apr 2020 3:07 PM by ISPY4ever
May someone be able to really ask the questions OP has asked?
Many of those considerations, mentions and questions aren't answered at all.
Would be great. Thanks
Tue 7 Apr 2020 5:42 PM by joshisanonymous
Don't even play Alb, but I'm pretty sure Adrenaline Rush won't affect the necro pet. I've tested this on my SM and it does nothing at all to the pet.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics