Are Earth Wizards better bolt casters than Fire Wizards?

Started 4 Feb 2019
by DinoTriz
in Albion
They get Fire and Matter debuffs.

That would boost their bolts, right?
Tue 5 Feb 2019 11:18 PM by boom-mug
I have made a spec like this that I call the MUDBURNER.

Also, side note, matter resists are technically the lowest on average, because they are at the top of every resist chant / buff spec.

P.S. I really want that name to stick.
Wed 6 Feb 2019 2:31 PM by Seigmoraig
boom-mug wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 11:18 PM

Also, side note, matter resists are technically the lowest on average, because they are at the top of every resist chant / buff spec.

Wouldn't a mud burner be like someone who makes pottery ?
Making pottery is super lame and not badass, grannies do that shit
Wed 6 Feb 2019 3:31 PM by Koljar
Seigmoraig wrote:
Wed 6 Feb 2019 2:31 PM
But "burning mud" sounds a lot more badass than "doing pottery" - don't you think?!
Thu 7 Feb 2019 8:47 PM by boom-mug
Mudburner, full fire debuff from earth but uses the base Fire DD.

It's like a Dark carver, but a waaaaaaaaaay cooler name.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 12:45 AM by Jingo NZ
I think that Chocolate Icecream spec is superior to Mud Burner for Wiz.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 7:22 PM by hellcon
With mastery of focus, would a triple bolt setup work in zergs?
Mon 11 Feb 2019 8:04 PM by Gatlgard
What, like 41 earth, 35 fire? I suppose, but you'd be stuck with -30% matter/fire/cold resist debuffs instead of the beastly 50%, as well as missing out on the best GTAOE nuke, which is one of the most important components of spellcaster siege meta in the age of the animist.

Building around bolts is a bad idea. Earth is just better, and going that route gives you two bolts anyway.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:45 AM by Kaozium
hellcon wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 7:22 PM
With mastery of focus, would a triple bolt setup work in zergs?

Anything works in zerg, that's why any idiot can zerg efficiently.
A zerg is about the numbers not the skill nor the spec, hence the name.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:28 AM by Gatlgard
Kaozium wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:45 AM
You seem bitter.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 3:04 AM by Kaozium
Gatlgard wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:28 AM
Kaozium wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:45 AM
You seem bitter.

You seem to be a zerger
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:01 PM by Dimir
Followup, has anyone tried something like 47/48 Earth the rest in Fire and tried to triple bolt? I'm curious what this does to an average templated caster with average buffs.

A general question: Are wizards fun in the current task system?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:04 PM by defiasbandit
Earth is the better spec. Fire has better bolts.
Wizard is garbage on this server.
49 earth is the best zerg adding spec.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:47 PM by antiflagdan
What makes earth the better spec? the spec is full of random shit. it's like they pulled the skills out of a hat and assigned it to earth. No synergy and nothing that really stands out as very strong. any why 49? you don't get any skills at 49. the level 48 dot is the last spec ability you get for earth.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:48 PM by Dimir
antiflagdan wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:47 PM
What makes earth the better spec? the spec is full of random shit. it's like they pulled the skills out of a hat and assigned it to earth. No synergy and nothing that really stands out as very strong. any why 49? you don't get any skills at 49. the level 48 dot is the last spec ability you get for earth.

The char builder says you get an aoe dot at 49? But I have heard otherwise, maybe character planner is wrong?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:49 PM by antiflagdan
I must be looking at an incorrect char builder?

http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder&class=wizard

the daoc site has much more shit going on but this is live.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-wizard

I need to go take a look elsewhere to see what's actually accurate lol.

edit:

here's another two confirming earth is pretty lackluster...

http://www.excidio.net/charplaner/

http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/wizard.html
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:57 PM by antiflagdan
There's just no synergy. GTAE is "fine" for shroom killing and keep defense when you actually get the opportunity to do that. the bolt is just "fine". DoTs just break mez/root and this isn't a strong DoT caster (no aoe dot for farming rps), so, weak. AoE root is fine I guess but doesn't last long w/ det/purge and wiz has no backup cc like mez/stun etc. DD aoe snare is good for peeling assist trains I suppose? "fine". that's really it. no real synergy and doesn't excel anywhere. I would go fire or ice over earth any day. at least with fire or ice, you will likely be getting debuffed characters from sorc debuffing along with your nuke debuff. I don't think matter debuff would be used as often. ice pbaoe is hot. and fire is just flashier and cooler. I just don't see the appeal of earth at all.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:15 PM by Afuldan
antiflagdan wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:49 PM
I must be looking at an incorrect char builder?

http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder&class=wizard

the daoc site has much more shit going on but this is live.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-wizard

I need to go take a look elsewhere to see what's actually accurate lol.

edit:

here's another two confirming earth is pretty lackluster...

http://www.excidio.net/charplaner/

http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/wizard.html

Mate, use the Phoenix Char Plan.

Edit:
Earth Spec line gets
-Bolt
-Single DoT
-AoE snare DD
-Nearsight
-AoE Root
-AoE DD
-Heat, cold, and matter debuffs
-AoE Dot at 49 spec
Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:59 AM by antiflagdan
Ah, very cool. Much better. Thanks for correcting. Earth is much more desirable than I thought.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:00 AM by defiasbandit
antiflagdan wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:47 PM

That is very true.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:50 PM by Losse
49 aoe dot is implemented, i use it. I do not think it was the first few weeks, which is part of the confusion. it IS in now.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:13 PM by Dimir
Losse wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:50 PM
49 aoe dot is implemented, i use it. I do not think it was the first few weeks, which is part of the confusion. it IS in now.

Worth it? (in RvR) I expect it would mostly piss off my realm but keep situations it would be nice to have.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 5:24 PM by antiflagdan
i would recommend either going the 49 for leeching rps + fun + keep defense with aoe dot or dropping it down a bit so you can put more points into ice, so you can use your huge cold debuff and then use your baseline level 50 cold nuke. you can drop earth down a bit so you can have less variance in your cold nuke. up to you. I am personally torn on what I want to build now. I wanted to be a fire wizard but earth is disgusting with red nearsight and the debuffs etc. it's like a gd light eldritch! Think I am gonna have to go earth. it just offers way too much compared to the others. debuffing your own damage is <3
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:45 PM by Losse
Dimir wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 4:13 PM
Losse wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:50 PM

Worth it? (in RvR) I expect it would mostly piss off my realm but keep situations it would be nice to have.

Yeah, you have to try to be smart about it. You know doac aoe caster 101 class. In a zerg try not to aoe unless your winning heavily/chasing routed enemy. You know, when your just tagging people for rps..... Same thing for keeps, try to hold off if things arent going your way and wait till mezzes are all worn off/broke or someone else breaks all cc. Of course if there are other 49 earth wiz the dots dont stack so you might just ae dd snare anyway. Aoe shrooms

Its kind of annoying having to debuff single target dd before doing significant damage, makes thing feel kinda slow. Casting the debuff can be skipped of course but at 49 earth your single target is weak without the debuff.

If you really want to win while zerging and numbers are about even, sacrifice a few rps and just nearsight every caster you can with the red ns, it helps.

GTAE can occassionally be a huge help in keeps if you have time to place it right or get lucky with moving it into areas you cant see. The vertical movement can be clunky, at least it is to me. But you can get it into some places the healers like to hide and that can help. I can think of one occassion where i know this was pissing off some mids lol. Also put it right where the stealthers go up the keep wall if its defended and annoy anyone trying to grab them as they climb over the wall Its not a bread and butter spell though i guess.

Just like everyone else, i am just not sure whats the best spec.

If your main goal is 8 man your prob not playing this class but I think it could still work in a non-elitist 8man if you get atleast the 3rd nearsight at 21 earth.

I would say pretty much most that dont play wiz have no clue they have nearsight on phoenix and half of the wiz dont even know while leveling ice.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:23 PM by Ceen
If you nerd hatd enough wizard seems viable :p
Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:33 PM by Cami
Losse wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:45 PM
If your main goal is 8 man your prob not playing this class

Earth/Ice wizard as the assist leader in an ice-debuff kite-group works versus caster groups in 8v8 - Cler Cler Mins Sorc Arms Theu Theu Wiza.
Haven't tested it yet against melee setups where the missing ae-disease and having just one peeler might be an issue, but this setup shouldn't be that bad here either.
Any other wizard spec or wizard related group setup is pure garbage in 8v8.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 6:46 PM by Losse
I wish ice pets did cold damage and not spirit but yeah i guess baseline cold dd would work, especially with decent ice spec for variance.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:12 AM by gotwqqd
Seigmoraig wrote:
Wed 6 Feb 2019 2:31 PM
boom-mug wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 11:18 PM

If it gets me in the sack with a Demi Moore....sign me up
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics