Slash infil

Started 27 Jan 2019
by Stickjoo
in Albion
What are the best starting stats for a slash infil? Also how important is dex when templating one?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 5:54 PM by Festers
10 str/con/qui if you're sure you're going to stick to slash.

Dex will have an effect on your evade but will be negligible @50 with pots/charges up. I wouldn't get too hung up on SCing it in as a slash infi.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:43 PM by Stickjoo
I'm thinking of going a high dw build with 34 CS for perf stun. Would slash or thrust be better for this or does it not really matter? I would be able to get comp 50 stealth weapon and env at rr 5 with going 50 dw 34 cs.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:21 PM by Festers
Does not really matter. Pros and cons to both. With slash spec you will find mid stealthers and hib scale vulnerable slash damage and it will be easier to temp at 50.

Mid chain is vulnerable to thrust and for the type of spec you're looking at Thrust gets you 6s evade stun which can be handy to have - slash is 2 part chain therefore slightly harder to land.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:46 PM by Stickjoo
Thanks for the replies. Think I'm going to go Briton with 10 slash con dex then I can always switch between slash or thrust to decide what I like better.
Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:01 PM by alusnova415
Was I supposed to attribute points when I created my character? Cause I didn't and I'm lv49 now . Can I still attribute points?
Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:04 PM by Ganil
Not sure, just try it.

Anyway, attributes points don't matter very much.
Sun 10 Feb 2019 12:10 PM by DinoTriz
alusnova415 wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:01 PM
Was I supposed to attribute points when I created my character? Cause I didn't and I'm lv49 now . Can I still attribute points?

The server automatically chooses/"optimizes" your stats for you at creation.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 11:31 PM by Stimmed
Starting can be personal preference. 10str/dex/quick etc or con or any mix of those you use all the stats.

Slash you will eat up Sbs well and do worse vs NS. Which is why I went thrust as NS are tougher in general then a SB.

Is also tons of skalds and stuff shamans that run out solo that pierce excels against to.

I tried 50dw/34cs spec and just prefered a higher CS spec comp weapon and rest in DW spec. Damage out put was higher and have seen alot more success with it.

But slash I played all through the beta and its still more then fine. If you want slash dont worry you will eat up ppl easy enough to
Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:27 AM by Hateress
I think Hgodz and I are the only top 15 Inf's that are Slash spec (could be wrong but pretty sure).

Briton - 15 str / 10 quick or 10 str / 10 con / 10 quick. You do not need Dex at all as a stat if you are not thrust, literally does nothing. We don't parry, we don't cast, we don't block.

Your evade chance takes your Quick + Dex / 2, so you might lose a tad bit of evade chance if you take dex over con or additional strength. IMO better to put into con for extra hits.

Slash damage is 100% based on Strength. So adding any Dex will do nothing to your damage. You want to add to quickness for sure (increases dodge / attack speed).

Hope that helps.

Hateress
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:10 PM by Aladdin
Went Full Str, rest Quick
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:48 PM by Radikus
I went Saracen with 10 in str. Would this prevent me from being effective in a slash spec? I'd like to eventually try both slash and thrust.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 7:07 PM by Dimir
Radikus wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:48 PM
I went Saracen with 10 in str. Would this prevent me from being effective in a slash spec? I'd like to eventually try both slash and thrust.

No, 5 less in Str is not going to break you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics