New to Mercenary Class

Started 9 May 2020
by Rauder
in Albion
So thinking of going Composite 52 thrust, 42 Shield, highest DW, and rest parry. What styles should I be using, Thrust line or DW?
Sun 10 May 2020 6:35 PM by Mavella
Rauder wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:13 PM
So thinking of going Composite 52 thrust, 42 Shield, highest DW, and rest parry. What styles should I be using, Thrust line or DW?

You would typically only use certain thrust styles for utility in this situation and only if DW styles didn't get you the same effect like attack speed reduction. I know thrust has a side chain with 34% ASR which is about as strong as it gets. I'm not sure off the top of my head if DW has one that strong/relatively easy to pull off or not.

Typically DW styles will have higher growth rates and do more damage than most weapon line styles. They typically also offer higher dmg bleeds which is a little added bonus.
Mon 11 May 2020 8:31 PM by Ajvar
Slam,dual shadows and flank combo.
Trust has nice lvl 44 snare combo but i dont think you can go that high if you going for slam.

- Debeli
Mon 11 May 2020 10:03 PM by Rauder
Thanks much
Fri 29 May 2020 9:36 PM by Cadebrennus
Rauder wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:13 PM

If you're VERY comfortable with positional styles then you could go 35 Shield, 50 DW, 44 Thrust, rest Parry. This gives you an anytime snare (albeit with no damage bonus on the first part in the chain), a 6-8 second positional stun in Shield, plus Numb, which is great for runners (since you can hit them multiple times with it thanks to the short immunity timer.) Numb + Tranq/Wyvern seems to be particularly effective at stopping runners and peeling.

This spec takes some getting used to but it's a fun spec.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:21 PM by yepyukon
Curious why so many go Thrust spec? I know the armor tables are better but since they lowered them to +- 5% instead of 10% is it worth it? Or is it due to the weapon choices?
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:28 PM by Cadebrennus
yepyukon wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 6:21 PM
Curious why so many go Thrust spec? I know the armor tables are better but since they lowered them to +- 5% instead of 10% is it worth it? Or is it due to the weapon choices?

Yes to armor tables but on a personal note it's also because I've been a Thrust Merc since day one pre-SI
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics