Scout spec if change goes through...

Started 2 May 2020
by gotwqqd
in Albion
45 Bow pen arrow2 and some effect disease/snare
29 slash
35 stealth
43 shield. Slam and ? When is the shield snare?
Sat 2 May 2020 11:27 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 6:24 PM
29 slash
35 stealth

Shield snare is 45 I think. That being said, I still don't get why everyone is in love with Slam. It almost always gets purged then gives your target a 45 second immunity timer (if I remember the multiplier correctly). Better to Numb and use positional Shield styles IMO and then spend those points elsewhere, like more melee.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:18 AM by piero
Use numb 90% of people will purge it, then slam, easy
Thu 7 May 2020 2:06 PM by dalinvar
piero wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:18 AM
just to understand as I am a new player on Daoc, doesn't numb grants immunity as well as slam?
so i didn't get the theory here, i'm missing smthing?
Thu 7 May 2020 2:14 PM by Centenario
dalinvar wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 2:06 PM
piero wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:18 AM
just to understand as I am a new player on Daoc, doesn't numb grants immunity as well as slam?
so i didn't get the theory here, i'm missing smthing?

Stun immunity timer is proportional to the stun duration, I am unsure of the calculation:
Slam is a 9sec stun with a 45second immunity (9*5=45)
Numb is a 2sec stun with a 10second immunity (2*5=10)
However, you might die in the 10sec stun immunity of the numb style
Fri 8 May 2020 11:10 AM by dalinvar
Centenario wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 2:14 PM
Stun immunity timer is proportional to the stun duration, I am unsure of the calculation:
Slam is a 9sec stun with a 45second immunity (9*5=45)
Numb is a 2sec stun with a 10second immunity (2*5=10)
However, you might die in the 10sec stun immunity of the numb style
Now it makes sense, ty.

gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 6:24 PM
29 slash
35 stealth
Anyways would be interesting to see some Scout specs for the upcoming scout 2.0 changes. I would lower shield for higher bow / meele
Fri 8 May 2020 11:37 AM by Nunki
I would try:
- 45 Shield
- 45 bow (depending on how things may change)
- comp. 50 Stealth
- Rest into Slash/Thrust until you hit the desired moves, especially after block/anytimer.
- If points are left after that, I might want to increase bow furthermore.

You need every kite potential you can get, hence the 45 Shield for Numble / Slam / Root.
Your melee damage is crap no matter how much you invest into it, just make sure that you hit some relevant moves with proper GR/bonus.
Mon 11 May 2020 7:24 AM by Anelyn77
Wait and see how it turns out first, if they decide to nerf archery again or not, how the new melee styles will look like (maybe they add some DD procs like on live who knows).

Regarding slam and high shield spec - only if you group to peel for mincer / inf, in solo you can engage enemy archers with way lower shield, the numb trick is great and all but since no ToA here you will rarely survive the 10s to get a real slam in. More so, if the fight ain't over in 10s, you will most likely be added on or RP farmed by passing small / 8m / zergs.

If archery stays strong, you just want to snipe, so everything else should be only to help facilitate sniping and offer some utility in a pinch so you can click that side door or jump down w/e (like snares or small stuns). You will never stay and fight with a proper melee / sin, even if you go 50 slash or thrust and 50 shield with ip3 and purge 5, you still won't compete. Sure you might send packing some low rr sins but that's about it.

Cheers!
Tue 12 May 2020 1:55 AM by Mavella
To clarify stun immunity is 6*duration so 12 sec of immunity after numb and 54 sec after slam.
Thu 14 May 2020 6:35 PM by imweasel
I'm looking at this spec

45 Bow
45 shield
21 thrust
50 comp stealth

As I gain RR, I'll probably dump it into thrust.
Fri 15 May 2020 2:15 AM by Cadeg
50 bow
45 shield
50 composite stealth
rest in weapon ...

since 45 shield is our anytime melee, and we deal dmg with bow, not really need to up more our melee ... if you solo ...
if there's some add who break your root shield, you're fu... up !
Fri 15 May 2020 7:51 AM by Cadebrennus
Cadeg wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020 2:15 AM
50 bow
45 shield
50 composite stealth
rest in weapon ...

since 45 shield is our anytime melee, and we deal dmg with bow, not really need to up more our melee ... if you solo ...

I don't understand why more Scouts don't do this. Enemy stealth are either crush vulnerable or crush neutral. Numb ftw
Fri 15 May 2020 8:12 AM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020 7:51 AM
Cadeg wrote:
50 bow
45 shield
50 composite stealth
rest in weapon ...

I don't understand why more Scouts don't do this. Enemy stealth are either crush vulnerable or crush neutral. Numb ftw

because:
0 hit bonus
0.05 GR
15% endu

but i guess your tests show something different
Fri 15 May 2020 8:24 AM by Cadeg
as sniper, if you have to use your thrust or slash style against an opponent ( if you're solo ) there's something wrong ...
maybe for debuff d/q or s/c on your proc weapon, but during the time you pray for the proc, you expose yourself instead of dealing dmg with your bow ...

only execption for me this night was vs a battlebard after he survive slam+critshot+standard, i've melee him ... but we can't compare his ws to a sb or ns ... or all others tank/ mdps
Fri 15 May 2020 8:31 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020 8:12 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020 7:51 AM
Cadeg wrote:
50 bow
45 shield
50 composite stealth
rest in weapon ...

because:
0 hit bonus
0.05 GR
15% endu

but i guess your tests show something different

Or they could keep swinging their 14 spec weapon, but that's what you want them to keep doing, isn't that right you stalking troll?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics