Merc saracen pierce??

Started 29 Mar 2020
by Tereos
in Albion
is it doable or better other choice like highlander slash/crush?
Mon 30 Mar 2020 7:45 AM by mhenfhis
i think highlander will be still better option for thrust. The difference is minimal in thrust and is a much better option for slash/crush, so it lets you make a weaponless template and play around with specs
Wed 1 Apr 2020 1:32 PM by Blitze
Sara thrust merc is more than viable.
Tbh I’ve seen inconnu and avalonian thrust mercs do well!
Wed 1 Apr 2020 2:28 PM by Ele
As thrust is 50% dex-/50% str-based, you have to consider the combined values listed below (before investing stat points):
Briton 60+60=120
Highlander 50+70=120
Saracen 80+50=130
Halfoger 40+90=130
Inconnu 70+50=120
Avalonian 60+45=105
Halfoger and Saracen are en par, but all races except avalonian seem viable for thrust merc.
As stated before, if you ever want to respecc to slash or crush, which are 100% str-based, Halfoger and Highlander have a clear advantage over the other races.
Edit: Implemented Bliztes correction.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 3:03 PM by Blitze
Sara’s are 80dex.. so 130 in your scheme.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 3:08 PM by Ele
Blitze wrote: Sara’s are 80dex.. so 130 in your scheme.
Oops.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:23 PM by Centenario
A difference of starting stat of 10 is equivalent to a difference in AF of 20 on average.

Avalonian 45+60=105
Saracen 50+80 = 130
difference of 25 should be equivalent to a difference in AF of 50, which is equivalent to a yellow AF buff.
So by going avalonian instead of saracen its like giving a free extra yellow AF buff to all your opponents.

If you value dexterity because of parry/evade/block/slam then:
Saracen>Briton>Inconnu>Highlander>HO>Avalonian

If you value strength because you will go slash or crush then:
HO>Highlander>Briton>Saracen>Inconnu>Avalonian

If you value high quickness because you will go crit chance then:
Avalonian>Saracen>Briton>Highlander>Inconnu>HO

If you value low quickness for high damage then:
HO>Highlander>Inconnu>Saracen>Briton>Avalonian

If you value high resists against Hib then:
Inconnu>Saracen>Highlander>Briton>Avalonian>HO

If you value high resists against Mid then:
Highlander>Inconnu>Briton>Avalonian>HO>Saracen

If I want to resist Hib, to go thrust, to go Heavy hitter then the best choice is Inconnu.
If I want to go crit, to go thrust, with high survivability, then the best choice is Saracen.
If I want a all rounder I will go Briton.
HO and Highlander are the best choice for PvE where parry/evade/block/slam/resists are less of an issue.

Its always better to go crush/thrust if you want to target tanks/healer of Mib
Its always better to go thrust/slash if you want to target tanks/healers of Hib
So overall its better to go thrust than slash to target tanks and healers.

If I would rate overall the best races for thrust mercenary:
1) Saracen: high weaponskill, high defenses, smaller size, ugly, good melee resists
2) Inconnu: average weaponskill, lower quickness, small size, average defenses, good resists, ugly
3) Briton: average weaponskill, average defenses, looks like a healer, looks nice, bad resists
4) Highlander: high weaponskill, average defenses, threatening, looks okay, normal resists
5) HO: high weaponskill, low defenses, threatening, looks okay, bad resists
6) Avalonian: low weaponkill, average defenses, looks perfect, bad resists
Thu 2 Apr 2020 6:05 PM by Azrael
Centenario wrote:
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:23 PM
If I would rate overall the best races for thrust mercenary:
1) Saracen: high weaponskill, high defenses, smaller size, ugly, good melee resists
2) Inconnu: average weaponskill, lower quickness, small size, average defenses, good resists, ugly
3) Briton: average weaponskill, average defenses, looks like a healer, looks nice, bad resists
4) Highlander: high weaponskill, average defenses, threatening, looks okay, normal resists
5) HO: high weaponskill, low defenses, threatening, looks okay, bad resists
6) Avalonian: low weaponkill, average defenses, looks perfect, bad resists

Highly disagree on looks. How dare you to define a HO okish but a saracen ugly. oO Agree on briton female ones hehehehe
Sun 5 Apr 2020 2:43 AM by trawetsnivek
Saracen thrust merc is viable but I much prefer Highlander slash/crush because they have higher weapon skill. (I've played all three at rr8)

Remember as a merc your main attribute is strength while dex is secondary. It's more important to look at your final attribute totals than just looking at the starting stats for each race. Also the defense benefit that saracen's starting dex provides is pretty much negligible. I don't think it even amounts to 1% extra defense.

HO is also good but they have much lower quickness so Highlander is a nice combo of str and qui.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:33 PM by Toadster
It's also worth noting that shield style weapon skill is 100% dex based, so Saracen's have an advantage there.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:43 PM by thirian24
My Merc is HO and it absolutely rips. There is no way I'd pick a different race.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:59 PM by Quik
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:43 PM
My Merc is HO and it absolutely rips. There is no way I'd pick a different race.

I always thought playing a class like Merc/Pally/Armsman/Zerker/Hero/light tank meant wanting the opposing teams attention and not to try to avoid it. Seems HO would be the best race for Albion for that just like Troll is for Mid. Plus HO seems to have the best stats for any set up if you decide to change it later.

I don't see many HO's in the game though since I started playing Alb which is a shame. I personally want someone to draw the attention to them so I don't get pin pointed as quickly.
Wed 27 May 2020 4:15 PM by BPICKEREL
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:43 PM

Looking to level a HO Merc for mainly solo and 50 dw / 50 crush spec. What realm abilities should I aim for? Since Mastery of pain is nerfed, high mastery of parry, purge 2/3 and IP? Also what are some commons items and weapons for template besides Sidi chest and necklace? Thanks for the help!
Wed 27 May 2020 6:35 PM by Cadebrennus
Toadster wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 9:33 PM
It's also worth noting that shield style weapon skill is 100% dex based, so Saracen's have an advantage there.

Exactly this.
Thu 28 May 2020 1:38 PM by borodino1812
HO might well be the way to go, but that stoop is just too ugly for me. Saracen merc is a lot more elegant.
Thu 28 May 2020 2:02 PM by Cadebrennus
borodino1812 wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 1:38 PM
HO might well be the way to go, but that stoop is just too ugly for me. Saracen merc is a lot more elegant.

This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics