Necro summoning stats

Started 4 Feb 2020
by nkeplinger1
in Albion
I've found it hard to find conclusive answers as to how necros work in the current state of the game. What stats transfer at pet summons and what stats summon after? Does a summoning suit to cap con, hits, and resists still work? Then swap back to cap out caster stats while in shade form? Any info would be appreciated.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:13 AM by VypirX504
Buffs on a necro only affect the necros casting speed/dmg will not change anything on the pet.

the 75/75 to STr/Con/Dex/Quick/Piety WILL affect your pet, as well as all resists

if you wanna go big boy just make a suit to cap all 5 stats and resists, easily doable as a caster probly 10-15 plat since you dont need procs for a necro
Tue 11 Feb 2020 3:00 AM by rocketait
VypirX504 wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:13 AM
Buffs on a necro only affect the necros casting speed/dmg will not change anything on the pet.

the 75/75 to STr/Con/Dex/Quick/Piety WILL affect your pet, as well as all resists

if you wanna go big boy just make a suit to cap all 5 stats and resists, easily doable as a caster probly 10-15 plat since you dont need procs for a necro

That is good info vypir, but I think the op was wondering when things transfer to the pet. Ie back in the day hits and con (or something like that) where the only real thing to move to the pet and you need it before casting the pet, after that you could max dex and int as it helped with shade cast.

So is there any info on how it works here? (above was just what I remembered from years ago, yes you could just have everything capped but some of us ant got any money : )
Wed 6 May 2020 11:54 PM by Anelyn77
Am quite positive unless something changed in the couple months I've been away, that only hp/con (including aug con RA), toughness (RA) and resists transfers to pet on summon (and again am quite certain that you - the necro player - being buffed or not will have no impact, only stats from gear).

However, once summoned, even if you remove all your gear on necro, the pet will retain the summoned stats - in other words they are snapshotted at summon time and will last until pet despawns or dies.

Dex will only affect shade cast speed (including buffs on necro / aug dex). However, Mastery of Arts will increase casting speed for both pet and player by specific percentage (also any dex buffs cast on the pet, be it self buffs or other player buffs will affect it's cast speed too).

So, for pve you will want MoF2 to make most of your spells capped vs lvl 50 targets (for resist purpose), toughness (more than aug con), MoArt 3-5 depending on your available points (at MoArt 5 with self buffs Abomo can get 4 casts during 1 FP if you time it right - as DS necro), WP5-6, MoM 1-5, Aug Acuity 1-6, LW / Tireless no brainer ones. This will set you up nicely for farming / Raids etc - obv if you want to solo reds & purps you might want to drop some levels here and there and grab yourself a rank 3 at least Concentration to be able to FP a 2nd time on a short timer (3m) in cases of bad streaks of resists (like deep DF farming).

That's my view on it, again unless things changed in past couple months this should be 100% accurate, cheers.
Thu 14 May 2020 1:07 PM by dalinvar
Anelyn77 wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:54 PM
So, for pve you will want MoF2 to make most of your spells capped vs lvl 50 targets (for resist purpose), toughness (more than aug con), MoArt 3-5 depending on your available points (at MoArt 5 with self buffs Abomo can get 4 casts during 1 FP if you time it right - as DS necro), WP5-6, MoM 1-5, Aug Acuity 1-6, LW / Tireless no brainer ones. This will set you up nicely for farming / Raids etc - obv if you want to solo reds & purps you might want to drop some levels here and there and grab yourself a rank 3 at least Concentration to be able to FP a 2nd time on a short timer (3m) in cases of bad streaks of resists (like deep DF farming).

That's my view on it, again unless things changed in past couple months this should be 100% accurate, cheers.

Does Master of Focus increase also pet level?
If yes it is a must have.
Thu 14 May 2020 2:56 PM by necrolove1
Here is a post from a Ashok...

The necro pet does have it's own base stats; those are the same for every pet and neither the selected race nor starting points will change those.

But the race matters in regards to (Including starting points):
- base intelligence: increasing all magic damage dealt both by pet and shade
- base dexterity: increasing castspeed of all spells casted by the shade (like the melee lifedrain)
- racial resists: racial resists are transferred in addition to item resists

HP, constitution and resists from items transfer on summon (including toughness RA). After summon the items with those stats can be removed, the pet keeps the benefits.
All other stats (str/dex/quick) and any stat-RA (including castspeed but excluding toughness RA) is transfered in shade form and does update in realtime if anything changes.

Buffs, of course, do not transfer at all, but buffing the pet obviously dies increase it's absorb, castspeed and melee damage.
Buffing the shade int does increase all magic damage dealt, both by pet and by shade.

... just tested.
- Ashok, GM Lead
Thu 14 May 2020 4:03 PM by Anelyn77
That's what I said. Also buffing int will increase dmg done both by caster and caster pets or who have spell procs, like cabalist Sapphire pet, or Ruby pet, the dmg of the pet spells will increase.

In necro case however, all spells cast by pet are actually shade spells, but pet does have it's own dex / qui / str / con that can be increased by buffs after summon as well.

Cheers.
Thu 14 May 2020 5:58 PM by Vkejai
Anelyn77 wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:54 PM
Am quite positive unless something changed in the couple months I've been away, that only hp/con (including aug con RA), toughness (RA) and resists transfers to pet on summon (and again am quite certain that you - the necro player - being buffed or not will have no impact, only stats from gear).

However, once summoned, even if you remove all your gear on necro, the pet will retain the summoned stats - in other words they are snapshotted at summon time and will last until pet despawns or dies.

Dex will only affect shade cast speed (including buffs on necro / aug dex). However, Mastery of Arts will increase casting speed for both pet and player by specific percentage (also any dex buffs cast on the pet, be it self buffs or other player buffs will affect it's cast speed too).

I believe FP casts are capped at 3 now ?
Thu 14 May 2020 6:29 PM by Anelyn77
That's the intent yes, but with mega buffed pet and MoArts, if you get the timing right, your 4th cast can't be interrupted because, same as with shooting arrows, if you pass half of the cast / drawing speed, it will go off.

This is possible because pets don't get capped buffs like players do. Is it worth it to invest so many RA's to get to that point? Most likely not, especially when you can have Concentration (at whatever level you're comfortable with, I'm running rank 3 atm) for back to back 6 guaranteed casts. But it's there if you want to get / can afford.

Does it have any real effect in actual gameplay? No, not really. Necros are almost non-existant in RvR (bg's don't count), pet is still a pet that can get pve crit'd, rooted, mezzed, stunned, weird pathing AI etc etc.

If juggernaught would make pet CC immune for duration, then yes. But it doesn't, so there's that ^^

Cheers!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics