Cabalist solo/group leveling spec progression?

Started 26 Oct 2019
by gotwqqd
in Albion
Specs for solo/group leveling?
Any point where you switch line?
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:53 PM by Misha
3 points in spirit for recycling power from pet summons. Rest in matter for aoe dot kiting/focus shield is usually the go to. Use amber pet with focus shield to grp mobs and aoe dot/kite them afterwards
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:49 PM by romulus
Hi!
While pure-matter is the cookie-cutter spec for leveling (and it does well for group and solos), I prefer the slightly unorthodox approach of going all spirit for leveling. Use a sappy pet with full buffs and you can tank reds and light-purples, though the sweet-spot for xp is oranges. Hit the toughies with a spirit debuff and the sappy will tear them apart (works best on undead and other spirit-weak mobs). You probably won't level as quick as the dot/kiters, but you will be able to go places with a strong pet by your side that they cannot go. Note: it's not a great spec for groups, either since most people will expect you to be the primary puller or to contribute dots/debuffs to a necro-pull.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:52 PM by Misha
Does the high spirit spec work for farming decent rogs at 50? Just curious never ran it.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 9:56 PM by romulus
Hi again!
You can definitely farm some fairly good ROGs with a spirit cab solo. For example, It's totally possible to farm shredders for ROGs and seals pretty easily. Not sure about other diamond loops mobs, though I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to with a few RAs under your belt. Ofc, if you really want to farm, you might want to consider rolling a necro: those things (properly tuned, equipped, and RA'd, surely) can duo Legion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LrmQn5A9_8
Wed 30 Oct 2019 1:21 AM by gotwqqd
romulus wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 9:56 PM
Hi again!
You can definitely farm some fairly good ROGs with a spirit cab solo. For example, It's totally possible to farm shredders for ROGs and seals pretty easily. Not sure about other diamond loops mobs, though I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to with a few RAs under your belt. Ofc, if you really want to farm, you might want to consider rolling a necro: those things (properly tuned, equipped, and RA'd, surely) can duo Legion!
How is spirit leveling before 24? No debuff
Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:33 AM by romulus
Leveling pre-24 is easy once you have sappy pet.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:42 AM by gotwqqd
romulus wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:33 AM
Leveling pre-24 is easy once you have sappy pet.

I’m asking do you bother going in spirit pre-24 with no debuff

Or do you spec and matter or body until 24 and then switch
Wed 30 Oct 2019 4:05 PM by romulus
I always go full spirit from 1 to 50, with half-levels after 40 in body. I have no problems whatsoever with that spec and I find that the constant (or very-nearly constant) killing makes for fast leveling.
Anecdotally, a guildie of mine recently rolled a spirit cab and has been amazed at how fast and easy it has been (He usually plays scouts, so maybe not a great comparison). He told me a story of where he was in Cornwall killing forest cats (yellow). His pet was fighting two and he somehow aggroed a stalker(red). Thinking he was screwed, he ran away while his pet was fighting. After a few moments, he realized that his pet was tanking just fine and he had to run back to assist.
YMMV (based on gear, enemy damage weaknesses, etc.)

Personally, I have a matter cab, but I very rarely play her because I don't like the kiting game. Funnily, I leveled her as a spirit cab before respeccing full matter at 50.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 5:26 PM by chryso
This is very interesting. I have been attempting to level a matter cabby but I just dont like the kiting aspect. This sounds like it would be more palatable for me.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:00 PM by gotwqqd
No kiting necessary
Orange mobs are easily killed by sending in pet then casting two dots
Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:35 PM by easytoremember
Misha wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:52 PM
Does the high spirit spec work for farming decent rogs at 50? Just curious never ran it.

Putting aside the difference in the number of mobs killed, Matter is still better for killing single high level mobs because of DoT and run. Spirit buffed pet doesn't solo yellow mobs very reliably on its own and your body debuff is pointless if you can't spam lifetap
Thu 14 Nov 2019 6:11 PM by Seelixh
romulus wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 9:56 PM
Hi again!

thats mee ( ó< *quack*
<3
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics