Armsman template

Started 5 Sep 2019
by Thesoldier
in Albion
Searching the forums and google, I've found old information that just doesn't seem to be up to date or for other shards.
Anyone have a recommended 50 armsman template?
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:52 PM by romulus
Hi!
Aside from a few stock pieces, all templates include ROG trinkets which make publishing a template pretty meaningless since it's nearly impossible to find identical ROGs as someone else. Your best bet (IMO) is to follow this simple formula for coming up with a personal template.

[list=1]
  • Get the standard starter items:
  • Pick up high as many high-utility ROG trinkets as you can find (60+ is recommended).
  • Get some 99% or MP plate pieces to round out the template and get it SC'd to max all skills, hits, stats, resists and reactive effects (epic heals and ablatives are popular).
  • Pick up a weapon and possibly a shield from the feather vendors, or go with a ROG that has a life-tap effect.
  • [/list]

It helps to use a template tool (like Zenkcraft or Loki) to track your ROGs and to make sure you aren't wasting utility by over-capping anything.

If you are rich enough, there are a few people around that will sell you a ready-made template sans the starter items and weapons. Of course, that way will cost you a little more than if you just spend a few hours browsing the housing merchants yourself.

Good luck!
    Thu 5 Sep 2019 7:51 PM by Cadebrennus
    There are a few feather Items that are helpful in templating, and don't cost too much of your compare their plat->feather cost vs. buying 70+ utility or 80+ utility items on player merchants. Specifically, check on the Dragon rings, regardless of realm. You also might get lucky with a feather gem or cloak. That's pretty much all I've seen feather item-wise that actually have decent utility scores.
    Thu 23 Apr 2020 9:56 AM by tonosutono84
    hi,
    I need tips on the best pole for arms on the market? whatever is buyable with plats or feathers.

thanks
    Mon 27 Apr 2020 8:10 AM by tonosutono84
    up,
    tips for the pole?
    thanks
    Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:30 AM by Ele
    Assuming slash spec: Warlord's Golden Glaive with 6.0 weapon speed is good for dmg, costs 20k feathers. For peeling duty the fastest slash pole would be a 4.8 Lochaber Axe drop. 99%/MP drops can be pretty expensive, but I can't give the exact cost as I have not checked the market for some time.
    Mon 27 Apr 2020 12:38 PM by Cadebrennus
    Ele wrote:
    Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:30 AM
    Assuming slash spec: Warlord's Golden Glaive with 6.0 weapon speed is good for dmg, costs 20k feathers. For peeling duty the fastest slash pole would be a 4.8 Lochaber Axe drop. 99%/MP drops can be pretty expensive, but I can't give the exact cost as I have not checked the market for some time.

For peeling wouldn't you use the side snare style in Slash and Numb from Shield?
    Mon 27 Apr 2020 1:25 PM by Ele
    Cadebrennus wrote: For peeling wouldn't you use the side snare style in Slash and Numb from Shield?
    Yes and no, depending on circumstances. If guard is mandatory because tanks are already on targets, yes. Otherwise Crippling Blow or the back chain are the go-to styles for armsman peeling, offering decent dmg while keeping tanks snared.
    Edit: typo.
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics