Fiar groupability since the nerfs?

Started 25 Aug 2019
by ddelmarle
in Albion
I want to roll a support, but not a very played one, so i guess friar is best fit, i wonder if spec with red resist and heals mostly how is the groupability?
Sun 25 Aug 2019 10:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
The nerfs had absolutely nothing to do with their support spec, so they're fine.

https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Friar&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills&s21=5&s25=41&s41=48&s49=18
Mon 26 Aug 2019 3:20 PM by CronU
Friars can be fine as support roll.
But imo (i already played Friar in 8v8 grps and also cleric in 8v8 grps) Friar, since missing pr and instantheals, cant rly replace a second cleric.
Yes, he got buffed alot to be on par with a cleric.
But just simply the fact that he just got 1 instant (Vehement Renewal) instant of 3 (Single,Grp, DI) on the Cleric and the missing option of PR is a downer for Friars in 8v8 situations. He can be a viable Zerghealer, but also then he is missing spreadheal, which is used alot in keepfights. So for zerging 2 Clerics is also better then 1 Friar 1 Cleric comp.
The big bonus friars have is the sidesnare and the Heatresists against Hibcaster grps.
But a Friar is rupted way to easy, which he can't rly compensate.
If you rly wanna play a support class, stick to cleric.

Imo
https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Friar&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills&s21=7&s25=43&s41=46&s49=18
is a even better spec, since you keep the big Major Heal, just loosing the red Cold Resists. But since midgard is just running max. 2 Casters, often with just yellow debuff or even without debuff, yellow Cold Resist is enough.
Fri 6 Sep 2019 8:56 AM by Hangel
Yes Albion group need 2 cleric but friar can play as interrupt tank and heal when necessary. We put 1 friar in our setup and change are really good.
More resist and a second faster ns healing is very important due to we play a caster group.
Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:07 AM by Nendaa
Hangel wrote:
Fri 6 Sep 2019 8:56 AM
Yes Albion group need 2 cleric but friar can play as interrupt tank and heal when necessary. We put 1 friar in our setup and change are really good.
More resist and a second faster ns healing is very important due to we play a caster group.

You said Albion need 2 cleric but you take one friar because you play caster group.

Does it mean that Rejuv friar struggle do find group (8/smallman) to fit in the good group. I plan to pex one, but if it's to spend hours to find group, I prefer to play a cleric.
Tue 24 Sep 2019 12:31 PM by Razur Ur
Cleric is for causalplayers and friar is only for pro players ;-)

PS: friar is nice choose for Alb Tank Groups.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:51 AM by Hangel
Nendaa wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:07 AM
Hangel wrote:
Fri 6 Sep 2019 8:56 AM

You said Albion need 2 cleric but you take one friar because you play caster group.

Does it mean that Rejuv friar struggle do find group (8/smallman) to fit in the good group. I plan to pex one, but if it's to spend hours to find group, I prefer to play a cleric.

Cleric is a must here so it's easy to have a place in group but many party need any heal, so I think u can find a group. But if u wanna be sure and don't waste your time make a cleric.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics