infiltrator weapon and swing speed

Started 23 Aug 2019
by arrowz
in Albion
Does my offhand weapon decide anything when it comes to swing speed? Or is it all mainhand? I find my swing speed only changing when I try different mainhand speeds not offhand. Can a dev answer this as no one has been able to clarify this in various posts also. And also can we get a weapon speed calculator the same as we have a casting speed calculator I think it would be very useful so people don’t have to waste useless points on something they might be already capped on. Thank you
Fri 23 Aug 2019 7:29 PM by Turano
Every time your offhand swings your next swing delay will be the average of your main- and offhand swingtimes.
If your offhand does not swing your swingtime for the next attack will be influenced only by your mainhand
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:24 PM by arrowz
So what's the best weapon combo to maximize dps?
Sat 24 Aug 2019 12:53 AM by Cadebrennus
All results originally posted in "The Drunken Ranger's Guide to Drunken Celtic Dual Wielding".

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3995&hilit=Drunken+Celtic

Quotiing myself here,

"Now, this is where we compare the benefits and drawbacks of slow offhand vs a fast offhand with the slowest dropped mainhand (not counting dropped raid weapons.)

4.1 spd mh & 2.5 spd oh = 3.3 average delay before stats = 1.79 weapon delay after buffed stats
4.1 spd mh & 3.1 spd oh = 3.6 average delay before stats = 1.95 weapon delay after buffed stats
As you can see the averaged weapon delay between the two is only 0.16 seconds. The DPS difference however, is 0.18 (as seen above).

Assuming both hands swing:
A 2.5 speed offhand gives you a 0.44 speed boost - That's an efficiency boost of +19%
A 3.1 speed offhand gives you a 0.28 speed boost - That's an efficiency boost of +12%
That is a difference of 0.16 seconds between using a 3.1 offhand or a 2.5 offhand, with a 7% efficiency difference."
Sat 24 Aug 2019 12:55 AM by Cadebrennus
arrowz wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:24 PM
So what's the best weapon combo to maximize dps?

If you only get a few swings in then slow offhand, and equal or slower mainhand. If in an extended fight then a faster offhand works best with a slow mainhand.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics