Looking for current pet info for cabalists

Started 30 Jul 2019
by Aidereh
in Albion
I've read all the old crap.

Is there a list somewhere specific to Phoenix, that is current?

I'm looking for 3 things: best pet for RVR, best pet for single high lvl targets, and best pet for focus pulling.

Any suggestions on the pet and spec I need to solo farm high reds/purples?

Thanks,

A
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:17 PM by vxr
I heard somewhere that focus pulling is nerfed here. I could be mistaken. My only experience with cabby pets here is fighting them. Against casters I think the pet that casts the DD is best. Pretty annoying.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:12 PM by Aidereh
Focus pull does take forever to kill stuff, solo anyway.

I know from testing that the jade sim. does NOT cast a damage shield on itself (like the char planner says and what's a damage shield value 2 gonna do anyway?). If it does anything special, I have yet to see it.

Sapphire is the only one that can handle a high OJ, that's at 48 spirit/22 matter. Pet is fully buffed, MoArcane5, wildminion5, 50% debuff to pets lifetap, and all the other debuffs I have. The pets lifetap gets resisted a lot, with that 50% debuff (how is that possible?). With the miss rate on lifetap, I'm left with a dead pet or a fully healed pet depending on random chance.

thanks,

A
Wed 31 Jul 2019 1:23 AM by shintacki
The debuff just increases the damage the lifetap does, it doesnt do anything for outright spell resist rates.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 12:18 PM by MacPrior
Actually, Cabba doesnt use the focus pull anyway. More - the mass pull. Pet into spawn -> put Mobs together -> AE Dot (twice) on centre of mobs -> endurun away -> dot again. And so on.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 2:09 PM by gotwqqd
MacPrior wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 12:18 PM
Actually, Cabba doesnt use the focus pull anyway. More - the mass pull. Pet into spawn -> put Mobs together -> AE Dot (twice) on centre of mobs -> endurun away -> dot again. And so on.
You could also forgo the pet and use aoe disease while rounding up
46M/28B
Wed 31 Jul 2019 3:08 PM by Aidereh
Thanks for the replies.

Does MoF2 affect my pet?

If focus pulling doesn't work, I won't use it. I was 46M/23Spirit when i was attempting that. Focus Pulling, wait, aoedot, then they all come attack me instead of pet.

I changed to a 50Spirit/20M/4Body. What I want is to farm higher utility RoGs, solo. So single high lvl mobs(purple and not in DF).

Thanks,

A
Wed 31 Jul 2019 3:33 PM by MacPrior
MoF is applied on RvR only. And improves your cast level in terms of resistance. Pet is not a spell, pet is a.. pet.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics