Minstrel stealth

Started 28 Jul 2019
by Volaloo
in Albion
What would you fine ppl, say about minstrel stealth lvl?
Are currently running around as a stealth support minstrel with some friends. and cant figure out what lvl of stealth there is worth investing in.
was are the pros and cons for 35 stealth vs 40 stealth as a minstrel on this server ?
Sun 28 Jul 2019 10:46 PM by Laadna
I thought about it as my minstrel hit 50 yesterday.

Below 30 stealth means you can't rely on stealth to move in hostile area (you're too slow and stealthers will see you from too far away).
Below 25 stealth means you miss climb wall. It's fine if you don't plan to play with keeps at all. To that point stealth is mostly a way to make enemies lost you during an inc, or camp a specific area and have other stealthers protecting you from enemy stealthers. You'll have a hard time approaching enemies who know you're here (they'll move away and outrun you or will have a fair chance to spot you from a distance).
Above 30 stealth means you will have a very low slash/thrust composite (possibly missing the 29 style if you go slash, which is a shame) even with a high RR, but you'll have a stealth ability equal to infiltrators and scouts.

35 stealth means only 27 slash/thrust : to that point you can't really rely on your weapon. Do you really need that much stealthing to sacrifice the ability to compete in melee with anything with evade/parry/block (meaning : anything but a caster) ?
40 stealth is too much for any stealthing purpose. 50 composite is enough for whatever you want to do, but again that means competing with your fellow infi/scouts in stealthing is way more important than doing actual damage with your weapon (save a stun/turning back target). If you plan to run a lot with stealth friends I'd suggest you to lower your stealth and lead as they'll all be able to see, follow and protect you from other stealthers. It would even be more comfortable as they'll have a more reliable beacon than a groundassist or an audio lead (which can be tricky if you're in an area with few or no visual landmarks).

I decided to go 30 stealth 33 slash for these reasons.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 11:11 PM by Volaloo
Thx for the reply.
currently im running 45 inst 29 slash 40 stealth.
the 40 stealth is so i can keep up with the infi and scouts. and dont get spotted all the time.
But was thinking on going 45/35/35.
They way we play, im not the dps. but CC, heal and get away. But those 40 stealth is a lot in my mind.

But what im most curious about, is how much slower i would be 40 vs 35 stealth. and how easy i and to spot for non-stealthers.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:57 AM by gotwqqd
Volaloo wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 11:11 PM
Thx for the reply.
currently im running 45 inst 29 slash 40 stealth.
the 40 stealth is so i can keep up with the infi and scouts. and dont get spotted all the time.
But was thinking on going 45/35/35.
They way we play, im not the dps. but CC, heal and get away. But those 40 stealth is a lot in my mind.

But what im most curious about, is how much slower i would be 40 vs 35 stealth. and how easy i and to spot for non-stealthers.
What about minimal or no stealth?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics