Re: Scouts Are the Worst Bow Class

Sepplord wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:37 pm
iamsaitam wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:12 pm
Can someone explain the reason for:

"Critical Shot only checks for targets engaged in melee. Critical shot provide enemy target with 15 seconds of immunity critical shots."

Can you crit someone casting? If so, then I get the second part. But what about stealther vs stealther mechanics? I guess scouts are no match against other stealthers till they got 3 RR in between. Perhaps excluding hunters, those guys got the end of the stick since day one x)
Lots of things about critshots got changed (for example you couldn'T critshot a target that was sprinting...with everyone always sprinting here that would have been quite sad for archers), and as downside they made it so you cannot use critshot over and over again on the same target.

I have no idea what you are on to in the second half though? Why would it make sense when you can critshot someone casting? And how is it different in stealth VS stealth mechanics?
And hunters are pretty fine since the pet buff...
Nevermind the second part, was a bit outdated on what consists a valid crit shot target. The spriting part makes sense.

Man this is a really GREAT Post ! ! !
I am currently leveling an Inconnu Scout now at level 25 and am perfectly fine being Bow/Stealth specced. I have this philosophy on this whole thing....
Why not use the class the way its originally made for.. "Scouting" ??? I mean, I know people on here will not agree but this is how " I PLAY" my scout...
I scout out for the other BG's, Zergs, 8mans, Small mans.. or even the occasional solo toon.
I also say that "IF" they get up on me, i didnt do my job.
If ya want a "melee Stealther" go Infi/Mini
If ya want a "Scout" play the toon like its ment to be played...

Just my thoughts...

My added side of this is.. if we do not get buffs, pets, DW ... atleast make it to where we can climb walls hahahhaa ( I know TO OPD THEN) haha

Daoc_1 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 am
I am currently leveling an Inconnu Scout now at level 25 and am perfectly fine being Bow/Stealth specced. I have this philosophy on this whole thing....
Why not use the class the way its originally made for.. "Scouting" ??? I mean, I know people on here will not agree but this is how " I PLAY" my scout...
I scout out for the other BG's, Zergs, 8mans, Small mans.. or even the occasional solo toon.

Just my thoughts...

My added side of this is.. if we do not get buffs, pets, DW ... atleast make it to where we can climb walls hahahhaa ( I know TO OPD THEN) haha
You really can’t know the problems with a pve spec at that low level

BTW don’t bother with stealth till after 45ish

Daoc_1 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 am

Just my thoughts...

I dont care how you play your toon to be honest. You can level him to 50, template him, and then spend the rest of your time in Mithra for all i care. There are a few things you should know:

Assassins will uncover you. Period. If you are able to Scout targets worth scouting you will be close enough to get taken out. 50 stealth wont save you.

Archers will likely uncover you as often as assassins. 50 stealth wont save you.

If a visible runs over the top of you during a detection pulse they will see you. You may or may not get uncovered, but you are rolling the dice by sticking around to let them try.

Bow damage is respectable, but it scales horribly after 35 bow. The difference between 35 and 50 spec is approximately 25 damage on rapidfire shots.

Slam is a one trick pony. 85% of the fights it gets purged. Numb has a different style animation. Most dont fall for the "purge numb trick slam later". Even if they do 10 seconds after numb you will likely be so far behind it wont matter. I have killed literally 2 characters with the slam shoot trick. Every other one has been purged or added on by another. I dont even use it anymore.

Casters are 50/50. If they are MoC skilled and can use /face its likely over. If they have a few RR and know how to quickly /face its likely over. Dumb ones are free RP, smart ones are death, the ones in the middle can go either way depending on the caster class.

If it has a shield you are likely dead.

If it is a light melee class with a couple toys (IP, etc) you are also likely dead.

Healers, shaman, druids, and bards will CC you instant heal themselves and just run away in general. Out of those bards are stupid hard to kill without help due to interrupts. Healers usually run. Druids usually run, shaman are 50/50 in my experience. About half stay and fight. As long as they dont MoC you should be fine.

Open up a version of MoC for Archery. That way the ones who want to really really specialize in Archery can spend RAs to actually be effective. There's no reason MoC should be Caster only.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

cuuchulain79 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:00 pm
Open up a version of MoC for Archery. That way the ones who want to really really specialize in Archery can spend RAs to actually be effective. There's no reason MoC should be Caster only.
There have been some funny/stupid posts on Phoenix...

This one could be a #1 contender.
Now that's a dumb post. I guess you need to nominate yourself.

There's no reason why an Archer that is 100% invested in their main spec line shouldn't have a chance to be uninterrupted for a short time like a Caster can.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

An Archer that is specing 50 bow is limiting himself to be only good on range. As an archer you have the option to spec melee too. Casters do Not have that choice. Therefore giving moc to archers would be a bad choice.

You want to be good to Solid on range and in Close Combat? Spec hybrid. It's that easy. Spec full archer and live with your own choice to suck in Close combat situations.

Scouts need help, but only with their melee. Maybe Put Them on a higher Dam table. More ws, more successful Hits, more damage.
Elvis, Hunter (Avalon/Limors)
Elvis, Ranger (Avalon/Limors)
Sivle, Nightshade (Avalon/Limors)
Elfiz, Hunter (Limors)
Elfiz, Infiltrator (Phoenix)

while i think i agree with that reasoning (although it falls flat when you look at PBAE-casters), giving archers MOC isn't really a compeltely out of this world idea, to at least contemplate and discuss...

Calling it the #1 stupid posts on this forum goes a bit far, imo it's not even close to the top10 in this thread

Casters cannot use any casts without moc when attacked in melee ( yes ok qc, i know).

Archers are hybrid classes that can spec Melle and Range.
If you give archers Access to moc, you would have to reduce the damage greatly making the Ra useless again for the high costs.
Elvis, Hunter (Avalon/Limors)
Elvis, Ranger (Avalon/Limors)
Sivle, Nightshade (Avalon/Limors)
Elfiz, Hunter (Limors)
Elfiz, Infiltrator (Phoenix)