Re: Minstrel Guide

Lerox wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:28 am
[..]
Wyvernfang (44 Follow-up Anytimer) - 10 to hit bonus good damage and a 34% 20 seconds long haste debuff
[..]
It has a 27 second 60% snare, which you mention, you probably just mistyped/copied it here in the list of thrust styles.
Overall well written, ty.

Thank you very much for this Guide.
You have a great timing. I was looking for a guide/advice/inspiration some days ago (shortly before you posted this here) since i created and started to level up a Saracen Minstrel. And after finding nothing useful anywhere, you placed this knowledge bomb here shortly thereafter. :)

I greatly appreciate that you share your knowledge here.
Chars:
Trying hib now.
(shelved indefinitely) Atheos TheHeathen - Shadowblade

Tevalia wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 pm
One questions though , are there any must have items you have to concider as a mins when you are making a template ? .
Legion heal-charge is pretty nice, but you can use it from inventory. So you dont need it when building the template; If you dont have the feathers/credit you can just buy it later.
For templates in general the Cear Sidi chest-armor and the SI necklace-quest necklace are good starting points.

Tevalia wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 pm
Your Guide is really helpful , :) .

One questions though , are there any must have items you have to concider as a mins when you are making a template ? .
Yeah the Legion heal charge is needed due to the fact everyone is using it.
Besides that use a staff with a DD charge on it and put it in 2-hand slot and drum on ranged slot.
And of course the sidi chest with the 225 heal proc reactive.

On your armor you can decide between abla and heal proc. I have decided to go full heal proc because you have your own abla running and I when I made my template abla song and abla proc did not stack.
So you have to decide what works best for you. I am still convinced I am doing with heal proc better but in the end it's all situational.

thx for your reply .

I went to the sidi merchant but only found one with 180 heal not a 225 . am i looking at the wrong chest maybe ? .

Furthermore i saw that there are 2 dragon harps . 1 of them has a dex/qui debuff with charges would you invest feathers on that ? .

Finally concidering the temp .

i guess i 'll prob need almost everything to be capped lol is it possible with 99% quality armor or you really need high util rogs ( like 70+ ) to achieve that without mp armor ?

Sorry for all these many questions :)

Tevalia wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 am
thx for your reply .

I went to the sidi merchant but only found one with 180 heal not a 225 . am i looking at the wrong chest maybe ? .

Furthermore i saw that there are 2 dragon harps . 1 of them has a dex/qui debuff with charges would you invest feathers on that ? .

Finally concidering the temp .

i guess i 'll prob need almost everything to be capped lol is it possible with 99% quality armor or you really need high util rogs ( like 70+ ) to achieve that without mp armor ?

Sorry for all these many questions :)
Yeah sorry it is the 180 heal proc but it heals for 225 (?) in my experience. I would take a crafted harp so you can invest imbue points better and put crafted d/q or s/c debuff on your drum.

I paid ~30p(got lucky on rogs) in total for my minstrel template everything capped and 99% armor, 99% shield and weaponless. So if you are lucky you can make it "cheap" if you want everything maxed. If you don't want a weaponless template and you don't mind for power it is really easy.

Amnesiaa wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:47 am
bumping this thread for a quick question,

so far i'm rr7 on my minst, i'm actually at 15% resist on a 56, 30% on a 57, 40% on a 58.. it didnt change anything from when i was rr6. what about rr8-9-10-11 ?
As far as I can remember there is a difference between RR6 and RR7 but just a small.
I can be wrong but I guess that is the main difference between and I can confirm it for RR5, RR10 and RR11 at least.
Following List should explain it:
RR4/RR5:
  • 58: 50%
  • 59: 60%
  • 60: 80%
  • 61: 100%/90%
  • 62: 100%
RR6/RR7:
  • 59: 50%
  • 60: 60%
  • 61: 80%
  • 62: 100%/90%