Re: Infiltrator vs. Shadow blade - Need guidance

SlowMo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 am
I don´t know... I am getting really frustrated.
I just can´t win 1 1on1 vs SB - had several occasions yesterday and all end up in a big loss for me. Even landing PA chain isnt advantage enough.

I have beaten Warri, Fian, hell even a champ but I just can´t win a fight vs SB. I know you can´t win em all, but none ever? Come on...
It´s getting ridiculous.
you must be doing somehing wrong then....it feels like that for me too sometimes going against NS on my SB...but even then there are fights where RNG goes totally in my favor and i stomp them. Assassin fights are RNG-shitfests very often and if you are always getting obliterated then there's probably something that can be done to improve your results.

Saroi already asked about your details, he is a pretty helpful guy and quite knowledgable imo

I have tried different spec and with slash was really easy to kill sb, but I come back to thrust because I prefer a direct 6 sec stun than a combo one.
I test the damage too but personally I still think Garrote is better damage than other style, can snare too and you can have a good combo for damage and speed debuff.
Actually I'm 42CS 44Dual, my goal is to arrive to 44/44... good CS damage and good chance to hit too.
About RA is hard, I have purge4 vanish1 mop5 Moa3 and AOM3, I will drop AOM when I can get EM. I don't think aug str or dex are necessary here.

Kemoauc wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 am
With regards to MoP and Aug Stats for dmg:
I think people generally overvalue the Legion heal charge item in fights. I would argue that especially if you are a dual wield class the use of the dmgadd charge plus some defensive RA's to compensate the lost hps from the Legion charge will be better than investing in offensive RA's and using Legion charge.

In my case (2hand pala) the dmg add is somewhere between 10 and 20% additional dmg depending on my target. In comparison MoPain9 gives you a 39% Chance to do additional 30% dmg on average which is only a 12% increase in dps.

You could get 400 flat HP for that many points and switch from Legion to dmgadd charge infight. Dmg would be similar but less variance and you get tons more HP on top of what using the heal charge would give you.
Dont give it all away....

Hangel wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 am
I have tried different spec and with slash was really easy to kill sb, but I come back to thrust because I prefer a direct 6 sec stun than a combo one.
I test the damage too but personally I still think Garrote is better damage than other style, can snare too and you can have a good combo for damage and speed debuff.
Actually I'm 42CS 44Dual, my goal is to arrive to 44/44... good CS damage and good chance to hit too.
About RA is hard, I have purge4 vanish1 mop5 Moa3 and AOM3, I will drop AOM when I can get EM. I don't think aug str or dex are necessary here.
Could you elaborate why you think AoM and EM are needed? At least more needed than aug-stats?
I have considered picking them at all on my stealthers (which doesn't mean that they aren't worth picking, i just learned about the usefullness of toughness simply because i had never done the math...)

MoP is also a bit overrated, the average dmg increase really isn't all that great. Though it is an RA that can possibly add a lot of dmg if RNG goes your way. Especially with MoP you should get lucky fights where your dmg is huge (but also fights where you don't get crits or high-damage crits at all). Crits in PvP only go up to 50%, so on average it's only +25% with a chance of 39% happening at MoP9. Overall it's not even 10% damage

When i dinged 50 i did some testing due to 24hour fred with respecs, i was low rr so couldnt spec all out in a line.
My testing showed that the offensive ras, Aug Str, MoP, MoA, Viper. My finding was that they avg out about same, AUG str gave little less return pr/s and MoP could give more if spiking (lucky with often and high crits).

So i think i will rather spread my points even out instead of going deep into one. (10p deep into one ra).

Im still low rr (4L7) but Cs have been crap imo and i have loved DW. I ended slash due to offhand 56 str/con debuff proc (but im not sure its worth it since its 3.1 speed so i feel i hit every decay. And a ton mid chain targets thats really rough already is close to impossible with slash.
Hey crush specced Thane, Skald, Warrior, Champion, Hero (though last two is slash weak)

Sepplord wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 am
Hangel wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 am
Could you elaborate why you think AoM and EM are needed? At least more needed than aug-stats?
I have considered picking them at all on my stealthers (which doesn't mean that they aren't worth picking, i just learned about the usefullness of toughness simply because i had never done the math...)

MoP is also a bit overrated, the average dmg increase really isn't all that great. Though it is an RA that can possibly add a lot of dmg if RNG goes your way. Especially with MoP you should get lucky fights where your dmg is huge (but also fights where you don't get crits or high-damage crits at all). Crits in PvP only go up to 50%, so on average it's only +25% with a chance of 39% happening at MoP9. Overall it's not even 10% damage
I used EM on live but I think is really a good RA here versus class like skald, thane or caster. Magic damage is a problem here considering there are no cl buff, AOM is too low mitigation so I prefer to get EM when I can. MoP is the only offensive RA to train x me here, Aug Str or Dex increase really low damage, Viper need to much point and if you want it you need at max level. Sure the best will be to run with theu buff (haste and add damage), when possible