8man setup

Started 12 Jan 2019
by KiranD89
in Albion
Hi guys,

What's the best 8 man setup for Alb?

Fairly new to DAOC and want to make an albion class that will fit in.
Sat 12 Jan 2019 8:36 PM by Ironicles
If you make a Cleric, Sorc, Theurg, Cab, Minst, Armsman, or Merc you should have no problem getting into an 8 man.
Sat 12 Jan 2019 8:49 PM by KiranD89
Ironicles wrote:
Sat 12 Jan 2019 8:36 PM
If you make a Cleric, Sorc, Theurg, Cab, Minst, Armsman, or Merc you should have no problem getting into an 8 man.

Thanks for the response,

Do Paladin's or Wiz's not normally get in?
Thought end was needed with Pala?
Sat 12 Jan 2019 9:58 PM by Guirssane
no pal for endo song?
Sun 13 Jan 2019 3:46 AM by Freudinio
In regards to paladin in serious 8v8 groups, the "problem" is that Albion needs a large pool of classes to obtain the same composition that midgard and hibernia get in 2 classes, so we simply have limited slots. A lot of albion groups will be primarely caster groups, because the things we DO have that work well together are bundled into 3 casters (Sorc, Theurg, Cab) They need support (2x Cleric, Minstrel) that leaves 2 "open" spots. Some simply just stack casters while others run a 4th caster + peeler (Shield Merc/Arms - Stoicism is what will get them picked over Paladin).

Even with all the changes, they are unfortunately still replaceable by a potion. :\
Sun 13 Jan 2019 6:34 AM by nixxo87
If you run caster setup no need for pala. Most of albions "elite" groups will prob be caster groups.
Sun 13 Jan 2019 11:43 AM by pmasure
U craft Alchimy for Endo pots 40 + Long Wind = Paladin ^^
Sun 13 Jan 2019 12:32 PM by KiranD89
Freudinio wrote:
Sun 13 Jan 2019 3:46 AM
In regards to paladin in serious 8v8 groups, the "problem" is that Albion needs a large pool of classes to obtain the same composition that midgard and hibernia get in 2 classes, so we simply have limited slots. A lot of albion groups will be primarely caster groups, because the things we DO have that work well together are bundled into 3 casters (Sorc, Theurg, Cab) They need support (2x Cleric, Minstrel) that leaves 2 "open" spots. Some simply just stack casters while others run a 4th caster + peeler (Shield Merc/Arms - Stoicism is what will get them picked over Paladin).

Even with all the changes, they are unfortunately still replaceable by a potion. :\

Thanks for all the responses guys,

What would be an "elite" mid or hib 8man setup?
Sun 13 Jan 2019 1:54 PM by opossum12
There are a bunch of potential setups for hib and mid. Both realms benefit from having their cc on a support class (instead of a caster dps like alb).

HIB:
- oh so cheesy 5 natty tanker : bard x2 druid x2 warden bm champ hero
- with an eld : bard druid x2 warden eld champ hero bm
- caster : bard druid x2 warden hero eld ment chanter
-hybrid : bard x2 druid x2 chanter eld hero bm (probably too low dps to be sorth anything)

And other variations along that theme. General rule is
1. You need dashing defense (hero)
2. Need a champ in a tanker (for the 73 x2.2 str/con debuff)
3. Need an eld in a caster for NS
4. Need 2 demezz

Mids are similar:

Tanker : heal x3 sham skald sav x2 warr
Tanker + RM : swap warr for RM
Sun 13 Jan 2019 5:03 PM by Jayson123
What the ideal 8man for alb?
Mon 14 Jan 2019 11:39 AM by Kurdy
Ideal is depending how you want to play and what you want to play.

Just keep in mind that is mendatory to have these following classes :

Sorc / Clerc x2 / minst.

Then you can go to a caster setup with another sorc (or caba) + caba + theu + Peeler ( mda/merc/paladin)

Or a tank setup : Merc/arms x 3 + paladin ( you can also remove one of the tank to add a Theu instead)

Wizard is nice but everyone would prefer a Cabalist instead
Mon 14 Jan 2019 1:22 PM by KiranD89
Kurdy wrote:
Mon 14 Jan 2019 11:39 AM

Sorc / Clerc x2 / minst.

Then you can go to a caster setup with another sorc (or caba) + caba + theu + Peeler ( mda/merc/paladin)

Or a tank setup : Merc/arms x 3 + paladin ( you can also remove one of the tank to add a Theu instead)

Thanks for response, would you suggest Merc or Paladin?
I heard that Pallys are not even needed as Endo pots will do the trick?
Mon 14 Jan 2019 8:57 PM by Seigmoraig
KiranD89 wrote:
Mon 14 Jan 2019 1:22 PM
Kurdy wrote:
Mon 14 Jan 2019 11:39 AM

Sorc / Clerc x2 / minst.

Thanks for response, would you suggest Merc or Paladin?
I heard that Pallys are not even needed as Endo pots will do the trick?

Pally is not really needed, If you want melee dps in rvr, its merc or armsman. or Infil if you are into the stealth game
Tue 15 Jan 2019 8:14 AM by Kurdy
I'm not so sure about the paladin as only lw 1 and Tireless 1 are available here.

the problem with any tank in this game is stoicism... as long as you have it, you are available
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:15 AM by Sei
It depends if you want the best set up for 8v8 or to zerg.

First would probably be a alb tank grp with double minst no caster, 2nd would be a full sor/Cab grp with a slam bot. Btw this caster IS also very strong in 8v8
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:38 AM by Karqa
IMO, Best setups are ;
Caster setup for alb
Cleric x2
Theurgist x 1
Cabalist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Wizard x 1
Minstrel x 1
Paladin (Pref) / Arms (Pref) / Merc x 1

Tank Setup for alb
Cleric x1
Friarx1
Theurgist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Minstrel x 1
Merc /Reaver / Arms X2
Paladin x 1
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:52 AM by Kurdy
Karqa wrote:
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:38 AM
IMO, Best setups are ;
Caster setup for alb
Cleric x2
Theurgist x 1
Cabalist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Wizard x 1
Minstrel x 1

Tank Setup for alb
Cleric x1
Friarx1
Theurgist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Minstrel x 1
Merc /Reaver / Arms X2
Paladin x 1

Remove your wizard and add a cabalist or another sorc instead, much more efficience.
Tue 15 Jan 2019 5:39 PM by Pao
what are you smoking? A friar never can replace a cleric
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:22 PM by opossum12
Karqa wrote:
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:38 AM
IMO, Best setups are ;
Caster setup for alb
Cleric x2
Theurgist x 1
Cabalist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Wizard x 1
Minstrel x 1

Tank Setup for alb
Cleric x1
Friarx1
Theurgist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Minstrel x 1
Merc /Reaver / Arms X2
Paladin x 1

Why would you run a wiz AND a cabby? You would be running 2 trains, body and heat/cold, doesn't make sense.

A friar can potentially replace a peel tank, not a cleric. And even then it's a stretch.

I think a

Cleric x2
Theurgist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Wizard x 2
Minstrel x 1
Paladin (Pref) / Arms (Pref) / Friar

Works much better than what you wrote. It's probably way easier to play because your sorc can focus on CC, while the wizards focus on NS and DPS.
Tue 15 Jan 2019 11:56 PM by Freudinio
Considering Sorcs get Ichor on Phoenix. I would most definitely include two.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:27 AM by Kurdy
opossum12 wrote:
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:22 PM
I think a

Cleric x2
Theurgist x 1
Sorcerer x 1
Wizard x 2
Minstrel x 1
Paladin (Pref) / Arms (Pref) / Friar

Works much better than what you wrote. It's probably way easier to play because your sorc can focus on CC, while the wizards focus on NS and DPS.

2 Cabalist is still better than 2 wizards ... more interrupt and same resist as the sorcerer.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:43 AM by Gwalew
Hi

Sorc
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Theur
Caba
Friar
Pal

Or

Cler
Clerc
Friar
Pala
Theur
Sorc
Merc/Arms x2
Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:47 AM by bigne88
Jus tstop with this nonesence. The 8v8 scenario meta composition will change depending on enemy setups. Who knows what it means to 8v8 vs Flump zerg party knows that Alb was stomping them with a anty melee party made of Cleric x2, Necromancers x2(armor debuff), Paladin x1, Armasman x3.

The basic setup is Clerics x2, Minestrel x1, Sorcerer x1, anything else can change.

The mose versatile party, jack of all trade is:

Clerics x2
Minstrel x1
Sorcerer x2
Mercenary x2
Cabalist x1

But than you might have to adapt, so, against a caster heavy group you might prefer put a theurg in place of a sorcerer. it all depends.
Unfortunatly in Alb there is this common idea that caster heavy means good, but than you get roflstomped by tank train from Midgard and pissed on face by Hibs caster heavy group, witch are strongher than Albs one. In the end, if you roll Albion you can play wathever class you like, but you gotta be good at kiting, otherwise go mid tank train or hib ez pz.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 3:53 PM by Sei
I m sorry for those that leveled wiz but there is nous room for them in decent alb grp, caba IS just better in many ways with pet and disease.

This double necro without mezz nor demezz would never win against a decent grp btw
Wed 16 Jan 2019 5:59 PM by opossum12
Sei wrote:
Wed 16 Jan 2019 3:53 PM
I m sorry for those that leveled wiz but there is nous room for them in decent alb grp, caba IS just better in many ways with pet and disease.

This double necro without mezz nor demezz would never win against a decent grp btw

Hmm I wouldn’t just say « this is the meta and whatever you do that’s not it is bad ».

Cabbys are pivotal in the body train, if you don’t have your best player on it (and on the minstrel) then you will fail. Yes cabby is a stronger than wiz, however, you need to be sharp on NS & disease, pet and MAing. That’s a lot of stuff tondo in the first 5 seconds of a fight.

Having wizards splits the NS from the MA responsibilty, which can help weaker players perform better. The wizard will also have a better NS than the cabby, sorc MAs, two 219 delve spec nukers, that can rip people.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 6:17 PM by bigne88
Sei wrote:

Dude, have you ever tried to mezz an hig rank tank midgard party? The aoe mezz is gonna last 2 seconds. If you can't CC them just bring something that can destroy tanks.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 7:19 PM by Brokenstring
Buds on Uthgard ran a Theurg, Merc and an Armsman, I thought? Don't remember what they ran exactly, but it was pretty effective.

Something like this?

2 Clerics
1 Minstrel
1 Merc
1 Arms
1 Sorc
1 Theurg
1 Caba

The Theurg was devastating at times, just completely removed an opponent healer for most of the fight unless taken care of specifically.
Thu 17 Jan 2019 1:30 AM by bigne88
ye, that is pretty mutch standard alb setup.
Sat 19 Jan 2019 9:11 AM by zenobya
albs only need 2 basic class for setup rest can be changable

1 cleric
1 mincer
after these 2 you can chose agsint enemy you got for hib caster you mgiht use pet type caster group or heavy mele train
for mid caster group you can hybrid or caster or tank al viable
for hib hybrid-tank setup you can choose hybrid or caster spec with asiting capability(caby or wizi combo doens mater)
for mid tank setup you can go heavy tank setup as most efective

for pet spec you can add therg /caby/mincer/sorc
for heavy melee spec you can add arms pala merc friar(yes it counts in group fo heavy tanks(not for damge output but defensive capabilietes adding on group))
for hybrid setup you can add reaver/merc/friar/pala/mincer/therg(or caby)

still i prfer runing as this on caster setup
sorc
cleric*2
caby*2
mincer
paly
thergist(sorc body spec)

for tank i prfer
cleric
friar
arms
pala
merc
mincer*2
thergist(ice-yelowbt spec)or second cleric
Sat 19 Jan 2019 10:25 AM by faliv
As a hib i prefer all these 1 cleric setups!
Sat 19 Jan 2019 6:09 PM by Herbdoctor
8manning was not really an OF thing.. I mean, you can do it and everything. But it is a guarantee AJ..

As an alb, I plan on a running a full bomb group that camps amg or Lord rooms

Otherwise, I would run
Cler X2
Sorc x2
Minstrel
Paladin peeler.
Air Theurg
Fire wizard
Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:44 AM by imamo
i think theur is not mandatory except melee setups. theur only shines as full earth spec with red pbt, da/haste buff. red earth pet is also insanely fast, hits hard and more durable. if you play well in open field and kite wisely you can benefit more from friar or cabalist.

my ideal 8 man caster setup would be;
cleri
cleri
friar, backup heal, have det, can peel, most importantly have resists buff.
caba
caba
sorc
minstrel
merc over paladin. mercs have stoicism. can peel, guard and if needed can assist and push better.

wizard can be option for second caba. you will loose more utility but better damage. i would think to get a wizard if i know he is a good player who know what to do and well geared.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 9:05 PM by BigX
KiranD89 wrote:
Sat 12 Jan 2019 8:20 PM
Hi guys,

What's the best 8 man setup for Alb?

Fairly new to DAOC and want to make an albion class that will fit in.

mind sorc, body sorc, caba, theurg, minstrel, arms, cleric, cleric
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:39 PM by worldknown
Freudinio wrote:

Freudino, can you expand on how Midgard and Hibernia can do what Albion can do, but with only two classes? Thank you!
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:56 AM by worldknown
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 16 Jan 2019 6:17 PM
Sei wrote:

Dude, have you ever tried to mezz an hig rank tank midgard party? The aoe mezz is gonna last 2 seconds. If you can't CC them just bring something that can destroy tanks.

@bigne why is aoe mezz only going to last 2 seconds on midgards?
Mon 4 Feb 2019 7:22 AM by Koljar
worldknown wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:39 PM
Freudinio wrote:

Freudino, can you expand on how Midgard and Hibernia can do what Albion can do, but with only two classes? Thank you!
I guess he meant that e.g. hib needs bard + 2 druids to cover all buffs, endu, speed, cc, demezz. In Alb you basically need (to cover these abilities): Minstrel (speed), 2 clerics (buffs + heals), sorc (CC), pala (endu) and still only have 2 bufing classes (so less buffs for all)...
Yes - you need 2 extra slots for alb but you get (always considering good players): An excelent rupter (minstrel) with demezz, 2 kinds of CC (if split spec sorc) in combination with mutliple debuffs, demezz, buffable pom, some mezz reduction and ok nukes and a peeler that could always switch in an enemy dependant resist. Hib can counter that a little by having one druid going more towards a 2nd cc but that results in worse heals and/or buffs while hib still does not have a nuker, debuffer, 2nd demezzer or peeler...

Trying to compare just the basic skills (and required group setups) in daoc is impossible as those classes usually bring various other abilites with them. Thanks to the NOT-copy&pasting of the realms.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 3:10 AM by Jingo NZ
Cleric
Cleric
Minstrel
Sorcerer
Cabalist
Wizard
Reaver
Theurgist/Friar

Cab for disease, Wiz for nearsight
Wiz can debuff cold for wiz/theurg/reaver
Cab can debuff body for cab/sorc
Reavers and Friars bring good active RAs.
Lots of pet options
Fri 8 Feb 2019 6:01 PM by Losse
Jingo NZ wrote:
Fri 8 Feb 2019 3:10 AM
Wiz can debuff cold for wiz/theurg/reaver

For some reason theurg ice pets do spirit damage. It seems like right now, most wiz are going some mix of fire/earth so in most instances the only ones they are going to be consistently debuffing for is themselves and other wiz. Not sure theurgs are casting their cold DD much since they are on rupt duty in 8 man, so sadly this may only be a marginal consideration at best? Wiz seems to have damage (everyone else has this), nearsight, and IF the fight goes long, ae root as far as i can tell. Nearsight can be cured but you have to go deep heal spec to get the 3.5 second version.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:53 AM by necrolove1
Ran Mini, cleric, rej friar, sorc, melee friar, armsx2, Necro

got some nice results
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics