Alchemy guide

Started 18 Jul 2018
by Quik
in Crafting
Ok so it has been YEARS since I did crafting in DAoC. Anyone got a link to a crafting guide to level it up? I think I remember just making dyes and poisons until like 800 or so but its been so long.

Also are we restricted by what class we are for who can be an alchemist?

Are PoM pots available yet? I think I read they were. If so what level for blue PoM pots? About how much gold to get to that level and about how much gold to make each pot?
Wed 18 Jul 2018 1:08 AM by Myr
Currently 900 in alchemy. I crafted mainly dyes and poisons. Got to a point where I had to make other stuff. Now I’m stuck because I don’t have enough plat to continue because it’s so expensive. Blue pom is around 550 iirc. I’m not at my pc but can check later. All in all it was around ~2p to get 900 I think? To go further will require many times that

Edit: any class can be any and all professions here
Wed 18 Jul 2018 5:04 AM by Joc
Yeah I'm 900ish now as and I can confirm about 2p to get there. I dont want to know what it's going to be to get to 1075 to be able to make the 100 charge all in one pots. Spendy I'm certain.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 3:16 PM by Tydowen
In my memories alchemy is the most expensive craft with weaponcrafter. Legendary Grandmaster could cost 20-25pp at that time. Not sure if it's the same on Phoenix server. Until 800-900 the price is affordable then it becomes huge to up 1000+.

In order to save money, try to avoid to make weapon or armor dyes (reagents or active effects).
Privilege as soon as you can potions, poisons and simple dyes.

This link can give some infos.
Wed 18 Jul 2018 11:11 PM by Uthred
Please keep in mind that some items got custom recipes. So some classic guides might be wrong/different.
Thu 19 Jul 2018 3:50 PM by Seigmoraig
Not sure how this wil mesh with the custom changes on the server, but this is the best daoc alchemy resource

http://apothecary.daoc-sites.info/
Tue 28 Aug 2018 5:28 PM by jelzinga_EU
While Alchemy is not cheap - the first 850-900 is cheap. Then, you end up having to do charges which cost alot. But at around 960~ you open up the Phoenix-unique items which require Phoenix Tears. Assuming you have some of those, you can craft from 960~ the Strong Elixir of Speed which is very cheap to make but requires 1 Phoenix Tear (=10 Feathers). Assuming you got some of those - it's fairly cheap.

Once at 1000 you can make Weapon Lusters. They cost about 100g to make - but the merchant gives you 96g for them, making them very cheap too.
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:03 AM by Wronin
What level can you make the first combined forces potions?
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:43 AM by Leith
Wronin wrote:
Wed 12 Sep 2018 4:03 AM
What level can you make the first combined forces potions?

1100 iirc
Thu 13 Dec 2018 8:05 PM by jenskamen
1100? damn was hoping to get to the buff and reg combined potions while leveling
Thu 13 Dec 2018 8:34 PM by Dimir
jenskamen wrote:
Thu 13 Dec 2018 8:05 PM
1100? damn was hoping to get to the buff and reg combined potions while leveling

Combined forces? Like Str/Con?

The potion should be WAY lower than that like 614 and 619. But maybe if you're making a 100 charge version it is a lot higher (shrug)
Thu 13 Dec 2018 9:26 PM by jenskamen
im thinking of the current free potions. like end/mana/healreg and the "buff everything" stuff so: str,dex,con,str/dex,dex/qui, haste and af
Thu 13 Dec 2018 9:57 PM by Dimir
jenskamen wrote:
Thu 13 Dec 2018 9:26 PM
im thinking of the current free potions. like end/mana/healreg and the "buff everything" stuff so: str,dex,con,str/dex,dex/qui, haste and af

Oh okay, are those even craftable? If so I would image they would be pretty high.
Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:38 PM by jenskamen
yeah they are but they require feathers and/or tears. so only doable after you have a high level character or start late where you can buy them but i guess they will be expensive
Sun 16 Dec 2018 2:32 PM by Kralin
jenskamen wrote:
Thu 13 Dec 2018 8:05 PM

Level a group-friendly class to 50 first. Make that char your alchemist. Then all your alts can level with the pots.
Thu 10 Jan 2019 2:19 PM by beetee
Hi everyone.. from what i could find through research, it seems the best buff potions that are possible at the highest lvl of alchemy is 26 valu base buffs and 39 for str/con dex/qui and 32 for acuity..

Is this correct? Seems very low value for the strongest potion..
Fri 18 Jan 2019 5:00 PM by dbeattie71
It seems some lower tier recipes, 400 ish, require Phoenix Tears, is that correct?
Sat 19 Jan 2019 2:40 PM by Salidry
From my experience it feels like at 950+ it is best to buy some phoenix tears from your hard acquired phoenix feathers to craft some cheap potions
charges and effects are so expensive
Tue 22 Jan 2019 5:38 PM by Stiv
Anyone have a approximation of what the big pots that give all buffs will cost? I'm wondering if I want to level Alchemy to make them myself or just by them off alchemists.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 3:52 AM by Guetzli
The draughts with all buffs (100 charges) are sold for around 1p-1.3p currently.
The problem with "making them yourself" is that the main cost of these are phoenix tears. So depending on what you need more, you might end up just paying money for them.

Basically it's either 750 Feathers + 200gold (mat. cost) or ~ 1-1.3p
Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:47 AM by Sepplord
Guetzli wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 3:52 AM
The draughts with all buffs (100 charges) are sold for around 1p-1.3p currently.
The problem with "making them yourself" is that the main cost of these are phoenix tears. So depending on what you need more, you might end up just paying money for them.

Basically it's either 750 Feathers + 200gold (mat. cost) or ~ 1-1.3p

Imo, the current prices are ridiculous, and imo SHOULD go down when more people get LGM Alchi and/or more people already have their feather items (although i have heard that they were even more expensive in BETA).

Currently the feathers are sold in the potions for ~1g per feather. That would mean a TG raid nets you about 10-12platin, which surely is a bit over the top for 2-3hours of brainlesssly zerging.
Also farming in DF, on top of the seals/drops the mobs already drop, they now drop 2feathers ON TOP. Equalizing that to 2g extra per mob is crazy.

BUT we will have to see how it pans out, it will only get cheaper when there are people willing to sell them cheaper. Imo it would make sense if they balance around 600gold. That would set feathers at a worth of about 33silver and include a 100g tip for the alch
Thu 24 Jan 2019 10:08 AM by Guetzli
I guess it's also because a lot of people at the moment have money but no or not many feathers (or need them for the drops). In a few weeks it will be the other way around, as getting feathers is rather easy in Zerg, whereas getting money seems to be harder - at least for me.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:56 PM by Guetzli
Does anyone have a recommendation on what to lvl on from 1040 onwards, as weapon lusters become green?

Edit: Ok, I guess you can really get to high enough skill lvl to craft the ablative armor tincture just with lusters. Nice
Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:37 AM by Durgrim
So from what I read the costy part is between 890 and 960 ?

Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:57 AM by Sepplord
Guetzli wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:56 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation on what to lvl on from 1040 onwards, as weapon lusters become green?

Edit: Ok, I guess you can really get to high enough skill lvl to craft the ablative armor tincture just with lusters. Nice

Yeah, just craft the lusters until they are grey, then you are at 1060.

I stopped there and took the hit in crafting-mats losses now and then, as i figured it would still be much cheaper than skilling up
I had ONE painfull hit where i lost (iirr) 24ashes when crafting, but besides that it was only a few gold here and there.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:33 AM by mello
guys, i am 930 on alchemy an I am really in struggle with money

to save money, is better to stop crafting orange things?
Mon 8 Apr 2019 3:33 PM by hellcon
Another tip, unique dyes [I used bright red] have a skill check of 855 & have a loss of 2g after sellback. I recommend making those from 841 to 905 (grey). That will easily save you a plat.

Also, 600-1001 cost me 4300g.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:16 AM by Mescalin
Anyone can tell me how much points needed to craft the highest reactive proc? And.......there are no omniprocs, right?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:27 AM by Torye
So I'm at 921 in alchemy. I've done alchemy on live and something is messed up on this server. I don't ever remember having to pay this much to level up. I'm pretty sure the cost of the other crafts don't start costing you a plat per 10 points of Ievel. Has something been coded wrong? And people keep pointing to a really old alchemy guide that doesn't have the same potion names or same levels that phoenix seems to be set at. Everything was going fine until I hit a little after 900.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 7:18 AM by Sepplord
Torye wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:27 AM
So I'm at 921 in alchemy. I've done alchemy on live and something is messed up on this server. I don't ever remember having to pay this much to level up. I'm pretty sure the cost of the other crafts don't start costing you a plat per 10 points of Ievel. Has something been coded wrong? And people keep pointing to a really old alchemy guide that doesn't have the same potion names or same levels that phoenix seems to be set at. Everything was going fine until I hit a little after 900.

look for cheaper stuff to craft/resell...

when you get to 1050 weaponlusters will become red and they only cost about 1-2g per craft (almost 100g cost, but 98-99g resell). Craft those until they are GRAY. Will take you to 1060points.
That will be enough to make all the endgame stuff and i stopped actively levelling alchemy then.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 2:23 PM by Torye
So even if everything is Grey I should craft something that is in the high 800's until I get over this hump? Everything else is red, yellow or Orange and is the expensive to make recipe
Mon 29 Apr 2019 3:46 PM by Sepplord
Torye wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 2:23 PM
So even if everything is Grey I should craft something that is in the high 800's until I get over this hump? Everything else is red, yellow or Orange and is the expensive to make recipe

you can not get skillups crafting grey recipes, but you can with green/blues...

it really depends on the options you have...i can't remember the exact thing i crafted before unlocking weapon lusters, but for example poisons and dyes are always pretty cheap in comparison and i remember crafting a few of them till green, and the last poison till it was grey.
Look at recipes and their resell values, test stuff out before you bulkbuy.

if money is not an issue crafting orange is the best for skillups, but if you make money the important factor and leave time out of the equation it becomes different. And the truth is in the middle, depending on how fast you can farm plat and/or how much you enjoy optimizing for optimizations sake
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:11 PM by Torye
I think some of this may be broken. For some odd reason i remember Lifebane being a really high level poison to craft and I think I could craft it at 350 or 400 alch. That's the highest poison. The special poisons are also grey. It just seems like something isn't right between 908-960 It's very weird. I will log in and see if anything is green for me. I am pretty sure everything but the reactives etc are grey.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 8:37 AM by Sepplord
there definitely are certain skillevels where leveling up costs a lot of gold...
all in all though i don't hink i spent more than 10plat. IIRR it was about 8plat to go from 1 to 1060skill
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:36 PM by Sarkon
Torye wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:27 AM

I have been following a guide from live that recommends skilling Draught of Strength from 901-1000, the difficulty should be 950, as shown here:

http://apothecary.daoc-sites.info/reference_statbuffdraught.php

But on Phoenix, the value is 452. I do not know the exact numbers, but supposedly the Draught of Strength is a very economical way to level up alchemy. Then at 1025+, Draught of Might.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics