Can't register Loki

Started 28 Mar 2019
by JaggedOne
in Crafting
I have used up my 20 free uses on Loki's Oracle. I tried to register it, which I am happy to do....it is certainly worth the 25 bucks. But every time I try to register it via PayPal (the only option other than DigiBuy, which I don't have), PayPal tells me it is unable to complete the transaction. I use PayPal regularly and it works fine, so I know the problem is on Loki's end. I suspect that it is just so old - the copyright notice at the bottom of the "Purchase Loki" screen says

@1998-2015 Synthetic Realms

So I am dead in the water. Does anyone know how to get this successfully registered ?

If not, does anyone have a registration key I could use, or know where I could get one ?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 1:32 PM by Ardri
Google daoc loki, click first link, scroll to bottom, download loki 1.4
Thu 28 Mar 2019 3:54 PM by Auranyte
I don't suggest doing this normally. But if you really want to reset the consult limit you can check if one of the following registry keys exist.

Loki 1.4 -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\LicenseSyReSo]
"Use"=dword:00000000

Loki 2.0 -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\LOKI.Document]
"Priority"=dword:00000000

Setting those dword values to decimal and then "0" should reset the usage limit.

Although I'll gladly support someone making a key public.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:12 PM by JaggedOne
Ardri wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 1:32 PM
Google daoc loki, click first link, scroll to bottom, download loki 1.4
[
/quote]

Forgot to say in my OP, but I *am* using Loki 1.4.
It works great, but the problem is my free 20 consults have run out.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:20 PM by JaggedOne
Auranyte wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 3:54 PM
I don't suggest doing this normally. But if you really want to reset the consult limit you can check if one of the following registry keys exist.

Loki 1.4 -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\LicenseSyReSo]
"Use"=dword:00000000

Loki 2.0 -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\LOKI.Document]
"Priority"=dword:00000000

Setting those dword values to decimal and then "0" should reset the usage limit.

Although I'll gladly support someone making a key public.

Thanks, that did it !!!

I prefer not to do something like this, but I have done all I know to do to register the product. I even sent them an email, but have gotten no reply.
If I do figure out how to register it, I will still do so, because I believe in supporting useful software. But in this case, I suspect that they are just not around anymore.
Time will tell.....

Thanks again !!!!!
Fri 29 Mar 2019 12:27 AM by Auranyte
No problem. I suggest you go back into the registry and reset the key in question to 0 again. Then select the key -> click File -> Export -> name it whatever you want and save it where ever you want.

Later when you need to reset the count again you can just double click the file and import it. It overwrites what is currently in the registry and saves you searching for it again.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics