Salvaging Guide for new players

Started 24 Jan 2019
by scilly
in Crafting

Hello, I have been asked many times by guild members on the best way to level salvage that is both time effective and cost effective. So today i set about on a new char to max all salvaging skills for the least amount of money.

If you do not understand the crafting system i suggest you to check out this amazing post by Mura

The basics of Salvaging.

This guide teaches you how to skill up the required trade skills to salvage drops while you grind xp. For complete newbies this means once you have these skills maxed out you can salvage all drops to get a better return in gold. Metal and Wood can be trinketed into items and sold for a higher value to merchants that the base materials or the original item you salvaged, for cloth and leather you can either save to raise tailoring cheaper or sell directly to merchant for profit. i dont advice trinketing the cloth and leather as you have to purchase thread to trinket these items.

I will break this down in to 2 guides,

1. For just metal and wood salvage.
  2. For LGM in Cloth, Metal, Leather and Woodworking.

Before i start all timescales are based on using 4 crafting quest items and all cost values will be subject to change based on rng of skill gains so please keep that in mind.

Macros used are as follows

/macro 10 /craftqueue buy 10 (provided you have the correct merchant will purchase materials for 10 crafts)
/macro 60 /craftqueue 60 ( will craft the item after you click this macro 60 times or untill you run out of materials)
/macro 1 /moveitem sell #bag1
/macro 2 /moveitem sell #bag2
/macro 3 /moveitem sell #bag3
/macro 4 /moveitem sell #bag4
/macro 5 /moveitem sell #bag5

Make sure you have removed all items you dont want to sell from you backpack before using the sell macros!

Craft these in the order they are listed!

1) Metal and Wood Salvage

Craft Skill Cost Time Taken
Tailoring 300 12g 30mins
Woodworking 300 4g 15mins
Metalworking 300 3g 15mins
Fletcher 500 22g 25mins
Weapon crafting 200 19g 20mins
Armour crafting 200 14g 24mins
Total 1100 74g 2hrs 9mins

2) All LGM Salvage

Craft Skill Cost Time Taken
Tailoring 200 2g 15mins
Woodworking 200 1g 10mins
Metalworking 200 50s 10mins
Fletcher 500 22g 25mins
Clothworking 200-500 27g 25mins
Leatherworking 200-500 32g 22mins
Weapon crafting 300 5g 37mins
Armour crafting 200 14g 24mins
Tailoring 200-500 172g 40mins
Total 1000 355g 3hrs 28mins

Notes

Tailoring you make the 3 types of leather gloves and boots. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
Fletcher you start on Blunt arrows till 91 skill then swap to bodkin and finish 400-500 on broadhead.
Weapon crafting is Dagger-Hand Axe-Flanged Mace-Rapier-Round Shield.
Armour crafting is the 3 types studded gloves and boots same as tailor. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
The total skill in guide 1, is approx but will be closer to 1100 wood working 1000 metal working.

I hope this helps both new and old players in maxing out the cash potential while grinding xp and template funds!

Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:23 AM by SpoonyBard
As a new player, I appreciate the info you shared, but there is not enough information provided to claim this as a guide for new players. At the very least, you should have links to show new players to DAOC actually how to craft and the basic ins/outs.

As it stands, this feels more like an info dump from someone who's already gone the rounds. New players to DAOC will not be able to digest this and use it in the same sitting.

Edit: After watching a few other videos and reading more online, this information was extremely helpful; Thanks for sharing!
Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:57 AM by caridry
SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:23 AM
As a new player, I appreciate the info you shared, but there is not enough information provided to claim this as a guide for new players. At the very least, you should have links to show new players to DAOC actually how to craft and the basic ins/outs.

As it stands, this feels more like an info dump from someone who's already gone the rounds. New players to DAOC will not be able to digest this and use it in the same sitting.

I beg to differ - while I am very experienced with DAoC, i never have touched crafting. This worked great for me today. Although very subjective...
Fri 25 Jan 2019 1:45 AM by SpoonyBard
caridry wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:57 AM
SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:23 AM

I beg to differ - while I am very experienced with DAoC, i never have touched crafting. This worked great for me today. Although very subjective...

Then you're not a new player and my post doesn't apply to you. = P
Fri 25 Jan 2019 6:18 PM by caridry
SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 1:45 AM
Then you're not a new player and my post doesn't apply to you. = P

Right, but I literally had zero knowledge of crafting on DAoC even throughout the years i played, i never touched it once. Everything was an exciting new experience for me, I fumbled with the macros at first like im sure most others did as well. Point being, this is a great guide for people to just play around with because its not expensive at all and allows an easy method to show you what crafting is/can do.
Fri 25 Jan 2019 7:35 PM by SpoonyBard

It sounds like we're in agreement that this is very useful for salvaging 😃

On a different note, @scilly, would you consider adding this onto the post?

It provides the very basic information gaps on performing crafting. I think it perfectly compliments your salvaging post and leaves very little for the imagination on how to go about it; I would have saved 20-40 minutes if I had seen this guide right after reading your post.

Sat 26 Jan 2019 12:34 AM by scilly
thanks guys for the kind responses, and thanks for linking my guide to a post regarding crafting in general.

I didnt feel the need to go to in depth about crafting as i imagined most people who would want to salvage would have a basic knowledge of crafting so i kept it very simplistic.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 8:54 AM by Brax
Hey, I am stuck at 808 woodworking, all the other skills are already at the levels you describe. Not sure what went wrongm what would be the best thing to craft to get to >950 woodworking at this point ?
Fri 1 Feb 2019 9:43 AM by Halma
Brax wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 8:54 AM
Hey, I am stuck at 808 woodworking, all the other skills are already at the levels you describe. Not sure what went wrongm what would be the best thing to craft to get to >950 woodworking at this point ?

Just craft anything from weaponcrafting or armorcrafting that requires wood. That should increase woodworking. AC/WC is still pretty cheap in the lower levels.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:25 PM by Guetzli
I did:

0-500 Tailoring (gloves/boots/sleeves)
0-500 Metal and Wood
0-500 Fletch (make sure to do the arrows that need metal as soon as possible)
0-200 WC (do daggers/stilettos/round shields if you don't care about Cloth/Leather)

Did not cost me that much as described, or maybe I didn't look right, but imo that was the easiest and most straight forward way to do it. Leatherand Cloth aren't maxed yet, but both wood and metal are over 1200. To further increase cloth/leather I could either increase Tailoring more or start with AC.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 1:36 PM by Estat
To get 1000 in all salvaging skills, the path described above could be further optimized, at least if you play Midgard:

Trinketing clothworking to 400 is enough (no need to get it to 500)
Dont trinket leatherworking (not necessary to get to 1000)
Bring armorcrafting to 400
Tailoring 400 is enough (no need to get it to 500)

Just make sure to only craft swords in weaponcrafting as the recipes use leatherworking.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 2:42 PM by Afuldan
This is what i did, but brought tailor to 500 anyways to maximize cloth returns.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 7:42 AM by Koljar
Knew that (had trinketeers in all 3 realms on live ) but good job on a very understandable summary!
Fri 8 Feb 2019 11:08 PM by Lightja
Can we sticky this thread? it's incredibly useful and people reference it all the time now in advice chat etc. I vote make it easier to find as it ages.
Fri 8 Feb 2019 11:14 PM by Uthred
Sticky.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:36 AM by Viperine
scilly wrote:
Thu 24 Jan 2019 3:23 PM
i dont advice trinketing the cloth and leather as you have to purchase thread to trinket these items.

I just made the test this morning on some silksteel cloth square I had from salvaging stuff.

a stack of 20 silksteel cloth square appraised to the merchant to 14g58s then a benefit of 14g58s

If I want to trinket this I have to buy 10 silksteel heavy thread for 13g12s

so after trinketing I want to have AT LEAST 27g70s for these 20 stacks of cloth square.

I had 36g99s.

= worth to buy thread for trinketing cloth squares.

Made it for leather alone also :

I had 7 imbued leather square appraised at, 2g26s80c, I bought 7 adamatium metal bars for 10g58s40c and 7 seamist heavy thread for 2g72s16c
total worth of my leather + what I bought : 16g57s36c, total merchant appraise : 15g61s14c.

What if you do have leather + metal to trinket :

1 imbued leather square : 32s40
1 adamantium metal bar : 75s60
1 seamist heavy thread : 38s88c
total worth = 1g46s88c

all these into 1 trinket : 2g23s2c profit 77s86c

adamantium metal bar trinketed : 1g49s,4c + merchant price for leather square = 1g81s80c (not having to buy thread) profit 1g6s2c

So even if we have both metal & leather, trinketing leather doesn't look interesting, better trinket metal and sell leather.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:13 PM by Kraga
i've never really crafted in DAoC, but bc of these amount of drops i wanna be able to salvage all the stuff. So did i understand it right, that 500 in the respective skill is enough to salvage lvl 51 armor/weapons/etc without additional losses?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:16 PM by Dominus
I used the guide on my Animist and it was very helpful. Could be a bit more detailed as some of the secondaries didnt peak 1000 and I had to continue making shields and other items. But all in all, great job
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:16 PM by Viperine
To salvage anything without loss you need 1100 in the related craft, for example metalworking.

But on this server you can get all the MAIN profession at the same time on the SAME character.

Example (don't do this, follow the guide instead) :
Let's say you level Tailor 500, you'll level : clothworking, leatherworking.
Then you level Armorsmith 500, you'll level : metalworking, leatherworking, clothworking

After these 2, you will have 1000 clothworking, 1000 leatherworking, 500 metalworking..

then you start the fletcher carrier with weaponcraft etc, etc.

Follow the guide, it's great and cheapest way to proceed !
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:26 PM by Afuldan
Just follow guide. Should’t be more than 500g if you follow the LGM guide to get full salvage.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 10:08 PM by tsnake57
This was extremely helpful, thank you!
Thu 21 Feb 2019 6:36 AM by Dreej
What's comparable to Big Wistle (20 wood item) and Jewel Box (20 metal item) for cloth (cloth quare) and leather (strips) ?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:45 PM by Halma
Did some testing today (lvl 50 enchanter) because I wanted to know what the profit of every salvage loot is:

Killed 150 mobs (sylvanshade near Aalid Feie in Hib, yellow/orange for 50)

Drops:
Belt 1 - Stats Caster: 0 Stats all: 1, Stats melee: 0
Ring 2 - stats caster: 0, stats all: 1, stats melee: 1
Gem 2 - stats caster: 1, stats all: 1, stats melee: 0
Bracer 4 - stats caster: 1, stats all: 2, stats melee: 1
Neck: 2 - stats caster: 0, stats all: 1, stats melee: 1
Cloak: 1 - stats caster: 1, stats all: 0, stats melee: 0
"Stats all" means neither +magic or +melee skills

cloth: 4
Scale: 5
Reinforced: 4
Leather: 2

Shield: 2
Staff: 12
Weapon: 0

As we can see for the weapon drops I had exclusively staffs (which isn't bad for salvaging, see below). All other drops are a good mix of everything.

Now for the salvage part:

Lvl 50 Staff - 9 duskwood
Lvl 50 Staff sells for 3g 63s 75c to merchant.
1 duskwood sells for 1g 9s 35c
1 duskwood trinket sells for 1g 91s 36ca
-> Profit for a Lvl 50 Staff/Bow -> 17g 22s 24c

Lvl 50 Scale/shield: 3 arcanite
Lvl 50 Scale sells for 3g 63s 75c to merchant.
1 Arcanite bar sells for 2g 55s 15c
1 arcanite bar trinket sells for 5g 3s 1c
-> profit for a lvl 50 weapon/shield/Scale armor -> 15g 9s 3c

Lvl 50 Cloth: 12 silksteel
Lvl 50 Cloth sells for 3g 63s 75c to merchant.
1 silksteel cloth sells for 72s 90c
1 silksteel cloth trinket sells for 1g 19s 37c (0,5 silksteel heavy thread already taken into account)
-> Profit for a Lvl 50 cloth piece -> 14g 32s 44c

Lvl 50 reinforced: 3 crystalized strips
Lvl 50 reinforced sells for 3g 63s 75c to merchant.
-> profit for a lvl 50 reinforced armor -> 15g 9s 3c

Lvl 50 Leather: 9 tempered leather square
Lvl 50 Leather armor sells for 3g 63s 75c
1 tempered leather sells for 1g 9s 35c to merchant.
1 leather trinket sells for 1g 11s 17c (it's 7g 52s 69s minus silksteel heavy thread 1g 31s 22c minus arcanite metal bar 5g 10s 30c)
-> profit for a lvl 50 leather armor -> 10g 0s 53c
Fri 1 Mar 2019 3:05 AM by waffel
So trinketing leather from a 50 drop is a waste of time

Selling 1 leather back = 1g 9s 35c
Trinketing by buying the metal + thread = 1g 11s 17c net
Trinketing by buying thread but using a salavge’d bar (instead of just hinging it) = 6g 21s 47c

By using an arcanite bar you salvaged in the scenario above, the bar adds a value of: 5g 10s 30c

If you had just hinged the bar instead, it’s value would be: 5g 3s 1c

So going through the process to trinket a leather square, you waste time buying thread and either buying an arcanite bar or using an arcanite bar you normally would hinge/bracket all for a few extra silver.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 8:00 AM by Halma
waffel wrote:
Fri 1 Mar 2019 3:05 AM
So trinketing leather from a 50 drop is a waste of time

Yes, I always just sell the leather. 10s are not worth the time.
We would need a different way to trinket (i.e. only with an additional thread) to make it profitable like the other drops.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 4:59 AM by pollojack
Alright I followed this guide and am in the 1100 range for most skills but I don't understand how.

I thought leatherwork/clothwork can't be raised above tailoring, similarly metal cant be greater than ac/wc.

With no primary skill in the 1000s how is it possible to have trinket skill in the 1000s?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter just curious about the mechanics.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 5:56 AM by dreenk317
It's because your secondaries are allowed to be as high as the total of all your primaries combined. So, if my AC, fetching, tailor, and WC skills combined equal 1100, that's as high as my secondaries can go.
Sun 3 Mar 2019 11:27 AM by krumr
dreenk317 wrote:
Sun 3 Mar 2019 5:56 AM
It's because your secondaries are allowed to be as high as the total of all your primaries combined. So, if my AC, fetching, tailor, and WC skills combined equal 1100, that's as high as my secondaries can go.

For future reference, the above statement is not entirely true: you can raise secondary crafting skill above your single highest primary crafting skill only when you skill them up in tandem, simultaneously.
If you skill up the secondary crafting skill via trinketing, it will never go above your highest primary crafting skill.

That's why salvaging guides, like this one, suggest complex/odd paterns which involve mixing skilling up primaries, then trinketing, then more primaries, and so on: only when you skill up a primaries there are no caps to how much you can raise in a secondary skill (there is only a hard cap at 1300).
Mon 4 Mar 2019 11:12 AM by Arikus
A note to the 1100 skill for salvaging:
I got a loss when I was salvaging a lvl 51 cloth chest piece with 1140 in clothworking.
Since this happened I leveled all my secondary skills to 1150 and got no more loss.

For clothworking it was not that big loss, because it was 11 silksteel instead of 12.
But fur metalworking the impact would be serious losing 1 of 3 arcanite.
Mon 4 Mar 2019 4:42 PM by DABrinkley
Viperine wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:36 AM
scilly wrote:
i dont advice trinketing the cloth and leather as you have to purchase thread to trinket these items.

I just made the test this morning on some silksteel cloth square I had from salvaging stuff.

a stack of 20 silksteel cloth square appraised to the merchant to 14g58s then a benefit of 14g58s

If I want to trinket this I have to buy 10 silksteel heavy thread for 13g12s

so after trinketing I want to have AT LEAST 27g70s for these 20 stacks of cloth square.

I had 36g99s.

= worth to buy thread for trinketing cloth squares.

Made it for leather alone also :

I had 7 imbued leather square appraised at, 2g26s80c, I bought 7 adamatium metal bars for 10g58s40c and 7 seamist heavy thread for 2g72s16c
total worth of my leather + what I bought : 16g57s36c, total merchant appraise : 15g61s14c.

What if you do have leather + metal to trinket :

1 imbued leather square : 32s40
1 adamantium metal bar : 75s60
1 seamist heavy thread : 38s88c
total worth = 1g46s88c

all these into 1 trinket : 2g23s2c profit 77s86c

adamantium metal bar trinketed : 1g49s,4c + merchant price for leather square = 1g81s80c (not having to buy thread) profit 1g6s2c

So even if we have both metal & leather, trinketing leather doesn't look interesting, better trinket metal and sell leather.

My question is what was the original item worth? On live you can find a dagger that sell for 2g and after salvage and tinker the hinges are worth 9g. But on here you get like 3 bars max so almost every item I have done a check on turned out to lose money by salvaging. Keep in mind, atm my highest toon is lvl 20, however my salvage skill is 600+. Another question I have is, are DF Seal weapons also only 3 bars?
Mon 4 Mar 2019 5:45 PM by Halma

My question is what was the original item worth? On live you can find a dagger that sell for 2g and after salvage and tinker the hinges are worth 9g. But on here you get like 3 bars max so almost every item I have done a check on turned out to lose money by salvaging. Keep in mind, atm my highest toon is lvl 20, however my salvage skill is 600+. Another question I have is, are DF Seal weapons also only 3 bars?

DF weaopons/armor give a lot more so farming seals is still OK. It was adjusted that all give the same amount of bars per seal so the numbers differ a bit.

All lvl 50 weapon/armor rogs are exactly 3g 63s 75 when selling to the merchant (the jewelry/rings are more)
More data here

Wed 6 Mar 2019 8:26 PM by waffel
FYI, anyone following this guide and leveling fletching from 0-500 to get their metal/wood up. Start on the bodkin arrows that use metal ASAP. The second they turn red start making them. You might lose a material or 2 during the early stages, but the material lost literally costs a few copper.

Also, keep making them until they turn grey which is 541.
Thu 7 Mar 2019 4:51 AM by Frieza
ive never really crafted too much as i never seem to have the time, but im getting into it more on this server.

On the OP's post, could someone please answer this for me:

1. I thought you needed a primary stat i.e. tailoring/ fletch/ SCing to 1100 before you could get any secondary stat (metal) to 1100? is that not the case here?

Thank you
Thu 7 Mar 2019 9:15 AM by Halma
Frieza wrote:
Thu 7 Mar 2019 4:51 AM
1. I thought you needed a primary stat i.e. tailoring/ fletch/ SCing to 1100 before you could get any secondary stat (metal) to 1100? is that not the case here?

Definitely not. My max primary was only around 650 when I reached 1300 in all secondaries.
But for example if you have 650 clothworking as a max primary you can skill up trinketing by using the secondary lines (so woodworking, metalworking, clothworking, leatherworking) to 650. To go above that you have to use another primary skill like weaponcraft.
Sat 9 Mar 2019 1:04 AM by hellcon
Do you salvage and then trinket your own crafted gear when skilling up?
Sat 9 Mar 2019 1:43 AM by Afuldan
hellcon wrote:
Sat 9 Mar 2019 1:04 AM
Do you salvage and then trinket your own crafted gear when skilling up?

I have been selling off and eating the loss. Long term I’ll make up the wasted gold. My time is worth more than the few gold saved.
Tue 12 Mar 2019 8:09 AM by Sarcast
Question:
What Items to buy for Seals in DF for best value per seal?
Someone got a list for that emerald/Sapphire/diamond?
Tue 12 Mar 2019 10:00 AM by waffel

Question:

Uthgard

Tue 12 Mar 2019 11:33 AM by Sarcast

Uthgard

Is this info true for this server here ... here is so much custom ... so much trial and error ... annoying the lack of documentation

Thu 21 Mar 2019 8:13 AM by Heineke
Lovely guild thank you for sharing.

did do some extra AC + WC to cap metal and Wood ..rest is all good
Thu 21 Mar 2019 10:36 AM by Durgrim
Does Hib still have the Firebrand hammers from fins salvaging for massive amount of Asterite?
Thu 21 Mar 2019 11:52 AM by Halma
Durgrim wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 10:36 AM
Does Hib still have the Firebrand hammers from fins salvaging for massive amount of Asterite?

I think they salvage for diamond bars (about 70).
Thu 21 Mar 2019 12:28 PM by Durgrim
Halma wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 11:52 AM
Durgrim wrote:

Here on this server?
Fri 22 Mar 2019 6:48 PM by Halma
Durgrim wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 12:28 PM
Halma wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 11:52 AM
Durgrim wrote:

Here on this server?

Yes, just checked it. 68 diamond bars.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:04 AM by Viperine
to answer whoever it was who asked about if it was worth it to salvage rogs for only 3 metal bars. At least about arca loots, I think armor/weapons don't sell for anything above 7g.

200 arca bars = 1p...6g ? so 20 bars = 100g and 2 bars = 10g... then 3 bars = 15g, then any giving metal bars loots and worth less than 15g is worth salvaging
Sun 24 Mar 2019 2:55 PM by Halma

to answer whoever it was who asked about if it was worth it to salvage rogs for only 3 metal bars. At least about arca loots, I think armor/weapons don't sell for anything above 7g.

200 arca bars = 1p...6g ? so 20 bars = 100g and 2 bars = 10g... then 3 bars = 15g, then any giving metal bars loots and worth less than 15g is worth salvaging 😃

Armor and weapons sell for much less. Only jewelry is worth 7g and more.
Everything is worth salvaging. And everything except leather is worth trinketing.

Link

Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:53 PM by Kappu
What do you do if you didn't switch arrows over at 91? I forgot and did it around 145? I'm unsure how to make up the lost crafting skills in Woodworking and Metalworking.

Thanks,
Zimz
Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:53 PM by chryso
An extra 50ish points in weaponcrafting should make up for it.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:03 PM by AmpaMicakane
What do you need LGM for?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:23 PM by Scout123
AmpaMicakane wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:03 PM
What do you need LGM for?

Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:00 AM by AmpaMicakane
I guess I'm confused about the skill column in the tables, what does it mean? like LGM 200 tailoring?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:21 PM by recluse
So I followed the LGM guide to the T, and ended up with;

1114 Metalworking
1190 Leatherworking
1000 Clothworking
1012 Woodworking

-What would be the fastest/cheapest or most efficient way to get the extra ~100 points in Cloth/Woodworking?
Sun 28 Apr 2019 12:11 AM by scira1

question for the crafting pros

I started the guide but missed the part where it said "do these in order"

This is the advised order "Craft--------------------- Skill-----Cost---Time Taken

Tailoring----------------300-----12g-----30mins
Woodworking--------300----- 4g------15mins
Metalworking---------300-----3g------15mins
Fletcher ----------------500-----22g---- 25mins
Weapon crafting-----200----19g-----20mins
Armour crafting----- 200----14g-----24mins
Total---------------------1100---74g-----2hrs 9mins"

I however did tailoring to 300, then skipped woodworking/metalworking and started fletching and when I needed to be able to have some metalworking I actually started and completed the weaponcrafting portion until I got high enough metalworkign to finish fletching. I then did wc/ac

So i completely skipped wood and metalworking.

right now my skills are wc 203, tailor 300, fletching 500. metal 771, wood 696. i stopped at ac 113 when i noticed my error

how should I go about getting 1100 metal and woodworking for salvage considering how i biffed the order and didn't get metal/woodworking higher at a lower level??

cheers

Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:59 AM by Feardown
Is salvage still worst ? I saw it was nerfed on rogs items.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 9:36 AM by gnefner
Feardown wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:59 AM
Is salvage still worst ? I saw it was nerfed on rogs items.

Yes, yes it is.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:36 AM by Der_Eisbaer
How to reach 1100 each in Metalworking / Woodworking / Leathercrafting / Clothworking for less than 300g

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Tailoring use leather gloves and leather boots
For Armorcraft use studded gloves and studded boots
For Fletching use arrows
For Weaponcraft use Thrust-Weapons and small shields
Thu 9 May 2019 4:11 AM by snayan17
This question may have been answered but I couldn't find it. What DF items should I buy on alb to salvage? Thanks
Fri 24 May 2019 6:08 PM by PingGuy
scilly wrote:
Weapon crafting is Dagger-Hand Axe-Flanged Mace-Rapier-Round Shield.

I couldn't find the Hand Axe, or the Flanged Mace, and the Round shield doesn't use all 3 materials. Maybe those are from another realm. On Hib I did:

Short Sword --> Dagger --> Broadsword --> Longsword --> Kite Shield

That worked great for me. Guide was very helpful though.
Tue 11 Jun 2019 1:49 PM by Folobadob
Hey, do you guys get metal working etc up on your farmer? So you can salvage out in the field?
Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:30 AM by Halma
Folobadob wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2019 1:49 PM
Hey, do you guys get metal working etc up on your farmer? So you can salvage out in the field?

Your main farm char should get every salvage skill on 1100+
wood
metal
leather
cloth
otherwise your inventory fills up with ROGs immediately.
Wed 21 Aug 2019 9:30 PM by BlushinRse
Well... for those that have used this post to raise their salvaging that is great. Apparently this no longer is a viable option. Tried to raise a 2nd toon this way and secondary skills not longer can be higher than your primary. How they figure 1300 secondary skills and only 1175 primary is beyond me. I asked Uthred and apparently they did not realize this was going on. Totally refused to believe me that I and others have raised their skills way.
Wed 21 Aug 2019 9:56 PM by Boltman
If you do it in this order, it will work for you... But you have to go in order.......

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490
Thu 22 Aug 2019 7:17 AM by BlushinRse
I did the Tailoring to 202 and when I did the woodworking I stopped gaining skills when my woodworking became 202. When I posted it in support discord.
UthredYesterday at 3:44 PM
you can
but only if you skil it with a primary skill
for example you skill armor to 400 and get metal to 400
then you do weapon to 400 and get 800 metal
So if you want to test that is fine .. but this post no longer is viable to this game
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:25 AM by Sepplord
BlushinRse wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 7:17 AM
So if you want to test that is fine .. but this post no longer is viable to this game

The opening post never trains a secondary skill over a primary by using a secondary skill? So you must be misunderstanding something or not following the guide correctly.

1, Metal and Wood Salvage

Craft--------------------- Skill-----Cost---Time Taken

Tailoring----------------300-----12g-----30mins
Woodworking--------300----- 4g------15mins
Metalworking---------300-----3g------15mins
Fletcher ----------------500-----22g---- 25mins
Weapon crafting-----200----19g-----20mins
Armour crafting----- 200----14g-----24mins
Total---------------------1100---74g-----2hrs 9mins

2, All LGM Salvage

Craft--------------------Skill-------Cost-----Time Taken

Tailoring---------------200--------2g---------15mins
Woodworking-------200--------1g----------10mins
Metalworking--------200--------50s--------10mins
Fletcher----------------500--------22g--------25mins
Clothworking--------200-500--27g--------25mins
Leatherworking----200-500---32g-------22mins
Weapon crafting---300---------5g---------37mins
Armour crafting----200---------14g-------24mins
Tailoring---------------200-500--172g-----40mins
Total---------------------1000------355g-----3hrs 28mins

If you took tailoring to 200, and then are trying to use woodworking to 300 it will not work. But that is not required in any of those two guides...it looks like you started with the lower guide, and then went to step2 of the first guide....which will (of course) not work
Thu 22 Aug 2019 11:43 AM by gotwqqd
Make items that use two or three material type
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:50 PM by BlushinRse
Well considering I took another character two weeks ago through guide number 2 exactly as written. 200 tailoring … 300 woodworking .. etc … I didn't have it wrong then. It worked and I finished with all salvage skills doing 51 salvage except for gemscutting . So please try not to make me sound like I don't know what I'm doing. I started this game Oct 2001 and played constant until 2009. I have had LGM's on every server I played on. Like I stated this guide worked 2 wks ago as written. Not having to take primary up. This guide as stands today needs to be removed from sticky because it's no longer valid as written.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 9:12 PM by florin
You’re a special combination ignorant and combative - numerous people including myself wasted breath explaining it to you and yet here we go again.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:30 PM by Boltman
BlushinRse wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:50 PM
Well considering I took another character two weeks ago through guide number 2 exactly as written. 200 tailoring … 300 woodworking .. etc … I didn't have it wrong then. It worked and I finished with all salvage skills doing 51 salvage except for gemscutting . So please try not to make me sound like I don't know what I'm doing. I started this game Oct 2001 and played constant until 2009. I have had LGM's on every server I played on. Like I stated this guide worked 2 wks ago as written. Not having to take primary up. This guide as stands today needs to be removed from sticky because it's no longer valid as written.

It's written 200 tailoring, 200 woodcraft... not 300... there is your issue.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:33 PM by Pops999
LGM's on every server he's played on, yet he needs help here.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 4:12 AM by gotwqqd
My suggestion make arrows with wood/metal till you get best arrows for any alts bow users

Then drive it up with other skills
Fri 23 Aug 2019 6:50 AM by Sepplord
BlushinRse wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:50 PM

As i have spelled out before: there is no guide where you do 200tailoring and then 300woodworking.
Please reread my comment carefully, or reread the first page carefully. You are mixing up two guides.

Both guides work, as long as you can follow the instructions. Everyone brainfarts from time to time, that's nothing to be ashamed of. A simple "OMG how did that happen to me, sorry that i wasted your time. Lol" resolves the situation with everone keeping their dignity.
But digging in your heals and trying to stay on the high ground when you have clearely just made a small mistake makes you look like an moron.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 8:22 AM by BlushinRse
I'm not a moron nor did I have a brain fart.. My cleric did level "just as it is written". I did not mix up any two guides. So please unless you want to answer my take the sticky off a failed guide then keep your comments to yourself. I have other people that followed the guide as written IRL and in my guild. Something changed and no one wants to admit it. That is fine they give up their time to adjust this game for us. I just don't like being called a liar or "moron" as you put it.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 8:58 AM by Uthred
Lets just agree to disagree.

I told you multiple times, that we didnt change anything about crafting. Even if you dont want to accept the obvious, you should atleast stop spreading lies. NOTHING got changed about salvaging since a very long time. Check https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes and do crtl + f and search for "salvag" and "crafting". But i guess you will still not believe in my words.

Anyways, lets stop this discussion now and keep this thread clean for those who are in need of advice.
Sun 3 Nov 2019 5:15 AM by analyn
What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!
Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:48 PM by Sepplord
analyn wrote:
Sun 3 Nov 2019 5:15 AM
What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!

probably not high enouhg to always get maximum ressources when salvaging
Mon 4 Nov 2019 12:12 AM by Chaskha
Trinketing is for loots, never ever salvage a crafted item, the loss is always higher than just selling back the item, always has been in DAoC
Tue 31 Mar 2020 4:16 PM by rcuric

First time posting on the forum, and I've got to say, kudos my man. Big kudos for the guide.

Had a couple of LGM's back in the day (tailor, alch) but I never invested so much tinkering into it. With the macros and skill plan, it's a no brainer.

Literally got me to max salvage rate in a couple of hours with less than 400g spent.

Cheers.

Thu 9 Apr 2020 5:08 PM by Zebul1n
Hello, i tried following this guide but , i'm on Hib and i don't find any recipe in Armorcrafting that skill up metalworking . beside the scale recipe which require tailoring ,
do i have to make cloth to skill up ?
Thu 30 Apr 2020 9:56 PM by asgorns
Zebul1n wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 5:08 PM
Hello, i tried following this guide but , i'm on Hib and i don't find any recipe in Armorcrafting that skill up metalworking . beside the scale recipe which require tailoring ,

euh try the reinforced armor perhaps??....
Thu 30 Apr 2020 10:53 PM by deamon64
Zebul1n wrote:

Metalworking is not going to be leveled through armorcrafting, at least not effectively. Get your fletching to 500 or whatever the guide says. Once ALL the arrows are gray, then get progress your weaponcrafting. Both of these will get metalworking to 1100.

I literally just followed this guide last night. I spent 4 hours in total and about 500g. Both amounts higher than the listed estimates but it was my own fault or leaning process of the macros, what to craft and what to buy.

I would suggest against making scale armor to level metalworking up, this will become expensive and more time consuming.

By following the guide I got to 1100 in everything but metalworking 1020 or so, It was so late and my eyes were tired that I missed weapon crafting progression. I may have wavered from the OP, I figured maybe some changes happened so I took the advice on page 7 of this thread found below. Somehow ended with 1000 MW and WC remained at 200, so I got that up to complete everything at 1100+

How to reach 1100 each in Metalworking / Woodworking / Leathercrafting / Clothworking for less than 300g

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Fletching use arrows
Thu 7 May 2020 3:44 PM by Zebul1n
asgorns wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 9:56 PM
Zebul1n wrote:

euh try the reinforced armor perhaps??....

no, not on Hib, Reinforced doesnt skill up metalworking.

i went through making scale armor finally , which was longer but still does the job.

Also another question , i see some people buying jewelry items , it can be salvaged also to make money ? if yes how ?
Wed 13 May 2020 3:09 AM by asgorns
Yeah i saw that shit too reinforced don t up metallurgy bug or not it s the question...

You can Salvage All Accessories with Gemcutting you need to up Scer around 750 for use compound for recraft aleatory Rog
Wed 27 May 2020 7:17 PM by Ezile
I have no idea how anyone has figured out this guide or how it is even categorized as a guide.

Where do I buy the supplies? What merchants do I go to? What's the item I craft?

Maybe I'm just dumber than the entirety of DAOC but this is one of the least helpful guides I've ever encountered of 25 years on the internet.

The macros are super helpful, and I get how to use them.

What specific items do you craft? Where do you buy the supplies? How many do you craft at each merchant and level? When do you go talk to your trainer?

All of those questions are completely unanswered. This is a helpful macro list but a "guide" is a massive stretch.
Thu 28 May 2020 4:06 PM by Ezile
Here's the extra help I needed.

If you are Albion go to Camelot. The merchant that sells everything for this entire process is "Sasha Fletcher." I created all the macros suggested in the original post. Here's what I did to actually craft.

1. Drag the item to my bar. Click to craft it (with no materials)
2. Click on Sasha Fletcher, buy materials using macro to buy 10 (I changed it to buy 30)
3. Click on the Craftqueue 60 macro.
4. Click to craft item you wanted. (If you need to goto forge, go to forge then click)
5. Run back to Sasha Fletcher, sell using the bag sell macros

Repeat.

The notes of the original post tell you the items to craft but it was kind of buried and I didn't follow right away.

Start with Tailoring. You'll rotate between Gloves & Boots up until level 300. With all lines you do need to visit your trainer at 99 skill (199, 299, etc)

Fletcher you start on Blunt arrows till 91 skill then swap to bodkin and finish 400-500 on broadhead.

Weapon crafting is Dagger-Hand Axe-Flanged Mace-Rapier-Round Shield. Level up to next skill level, repeat this pattern.

Armour crafting is the 3 types studded gloves and boots same as tailor.
Mon 30 Nov 2020 11:47 AM by Kyuran

Hello everyone, i never really did any crafting in DAoC except alchemy in old GOA server.

I kinda followed the guide, just messed up a little the 1 and 2 (thought at first i should do 1 then 2 part so i switched 2 during fletching) I have those current crafting stats :

Weaponcraft : 300 Armorcraft : 201 Metalworking : 1017 Leathercrafting : 1198 Clothworking : 903 Tailoring : 500 Fletching : 507 Woodworking : 1097

What should i do to reach 1000-1100 in Clothworking? Should i go for 1100 in metal / wood (since i'm at 1097?) / cloth?

So when i farm i salvage all those junk who are 98% and under 50 utility (i'm looking at this one to understand what i can salvage) But what i do with all those metalbar / cloth / wood i will get? (im only lv25 for now but i want to know it before reaching lv50 so i dont make mistake and maximise the money gain since i want a house and some pots) I think i should do some "trinketing"? (i'm right?) but which one? any is good or some have more value than other?

I remember 15years ago it was some hinges crafted from diamond bar then sell it, its still the same? What about wood / cloth / leather ?

Thanks

Tue 2 Mar 2021 6:25 AM by thegrizzler22

Hello everyone, i never really did any crafting in DAoC except alchemy in old GOA server.

I kinda followed the guide, just messed up a little the 1 and 2 (thought at first i should do 1 then 2 part so i switched 2 during fletching) I have those current crafting stats :

Weaponcraft : 300 Armorcraft : 201 Metalworking : 1017 Leathercrafting : 1198 Clothworking : 903 Tailoring : 500 Fletching : 507 Woodworking : 1097

What should i do to reach 1000-1100 in Clothworking? Should i go for 1100 in metal / wood (since i'm at 1097?) / cloth?

So when i farm i salvage all those junk who are 98% and under 50 utility But what i do with all those metalbar / cloth / wood i will get? (im only lv25 for now but i want to know it before reaching lv50 so i dont make > mistake and maximise the money gain since i want a house and some pots) I think i should do some "trinketing"? (i'm right?) but which one? any is good or some have more value than other?

I remember 15years ago it was some hinges crafted from diamond bar then sell it, its still the same? What about wood / cloth / leather ?

Thanks

Same exact thing happened to me. This guide is not good for new players, I had to ask around in game to actually figure it out. The parts 1 and 2 just made it even more confusing. I thought you had to complete part 1 then move on to part 2. But that just left me with skills that are all out of wack and uneven. This is definitely NOT a new player guide.

Edit - also I just lost about 500g because the layout of this guide is awful.

Sat 6 Mar 2021 10:40 PM by boho
Not sure if this is a bug, but on Hibernia I got zero Metalworking credit for Armorsmithing Reinforced.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 8:27 PM by keen
deamon64 wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 10:53 PM
Zebul1n wrote:

Metalworking is not going to be leveled through armorcrafting, at least not effectively. Get your fletching to 500 or whatever the guide says. Once ALL the arrows are gray, then get progress your weaponcrafting. Both of these will get metalworking to 1100.

I literally just followed this guide last night. I spent 4 hours in total and about 500g. Both amounts higher than the listed estimates but it was my own fault or leaning process of the macros, what to craft and what to buy.

I would suggest against making scale armor to level metalworking up, this will become expensive and more time consuming.

By following the guide I got to 1100 in everything but metalworking 1020 or so, It was so late and my eyes were tired that I missed weapon crafting progression. I may have wavered from the OP, I figured maybe some changes happened so I took the advice on page 7 of this thread found below. Somehow ended with 1000 MW and WC remained at 200, so I got that up to complete everything at 1100+

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Fletching use arrows
i ended up with needing 263 weapon crafting to up my metallworking to 1.1k on hib
Mon 8 Mar 2021 8:49 PM by gotwqqd
I’m sub 1100 on most of my salvaging dependent on realm.
I get 3 pieces regardless.
Isn’t this the max?
Thu 15 Apr 2021 9:36 PM by scilly
i actually wrote this guide on hib so sorry if it is not working for you currently on hib. I stopped playing not long after this, Im glad it has helped some people to max there tinkering cheap and ez and i am back now playing on midgard see you in the frontier!
Sat 22 May 2021 6:33 PM by Yokahu
Der_Eisbaer wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:36 AM

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Fletching use arrows

I followed this to a "T" and ended up with:
1246 Metal
1099 Cloth
1099 Leather
1049 Wood
So it wasn't too bad, but there is something weird about it... i overshot the Metal but was short on wood
Fri 4 Jun 2021 12:08 PM by Onaran
Yokahu wrote:
Sat 22 May 2021 6:33 PM
Der_Eisbaer wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:36 AM

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Fletching use arrows

I followed this to a "T" and ended up with:
1246 Metal
1099 Cloth
1099 Leather
1049 Wood
So it wasn't too bad, but there is something weird about it... i overshot the Metal but was short on wood

I ended with more 1300+ Metal.

I'd probably just hit 200 or 250 in step 2)
Fri 2 Jul 2021 8:00 PM by Gadoch
Hi Everyone.

I'm following the guide but I have a question about what to do when you're done and start farming.
What is "trinketing" ? I was under the impression that I open my back, salvage the loots and sell to vendor.
Is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Thanks.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics