Salvaging Guide for new players

Hello, I have been asked many times by guild members on the best way to level salvage that is both time effective and cost effective. So today i set about on a new char to max all salvaging skills for the least amount of money.

If you do not understand the crafting system i suggest you to check out this amazing post by Mura https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =21&t=4123

The basics of Salvaging.

This guide teaches you how to skill up the required trade skills to salvage drops while you grind xp. For complete newbies this means once you have these skills maxed out you can salvage all drops to get a better return in gold. Metal and Wood can be trinketed into items and sold for a higher value to merchants that the base materials or the original item you salvaged, for cloth and leather you can either save to raise tailoring cheaper or sell directly to merchant for profit. i dont advice trinketing the cloth and leather as you have to purchase thread to trinket these items.

I will break this down in to 2 guides,
1, For just metal and wood salvage.
2, For LGM in Cloth, Metal, Leather and Woodworking.

Before i start all timescales are based on using 4 crafting quest items and all cost values will be subject to change based on rng of skill gains so please keep that in mind.

Macros used are as follows
/macro 10 /craftqueue buy 10 (provided you have the correct merchant will purchase materials for 10 crafts)
/macro 60 /craftqueue 60 ( will craft the item after you click this macro 60 times or untill you run out of materials)
/macro 1 /moveitem sell #bag1
/macro 2 /moveitem sell #bag2
/macro 3 /moveitem sell #bag3
/macro 4 /moveitem sell #bag4
/macro 5 /moveitem sell #bag5

Make sure you have removed all items you dont want to sell from you backpack before using the sell macros!

Craft these in the order they are listed!

1, Metal and Wood Salvage

Craft--------------------- Skill-----Cost---Time Taken

Tailoring----------------300-----12g-----30mins
Woodworking--------300----- 4g------15mins
Metalworking---------300-----3g------15mins
Fletcher ----------------500-----22g---- 25mins
Weapon crafting-----200----19g-----20mins
Armour crafting----- 200----14g-----24mins
Total---------------------1100---74g-----2hrs 9mins

2, All LGM Salvage

Craft--------------------Skill-------Cost-----Time Taken

Tailoring---------------200--------2g---------15mins
Woodworking-------200--------1g----------10mins
Metalworking--------200--------50s--------10mins
Fletcher----------------500--------22g--------25mins
Clothworking--------200-500--27g--------25mins
Leatherworking----200-500---32g-------22mins
Weapon crafting---300---------5g---------37mins
Armour crafting----200---------14g-------24mins
Tailoring---------------200-500--172g-----40mins
Total---------------------1000------355g-----3hrs 28mins

Notes,
Tailoring you make the 3 types of leather gloves and boots. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
Fletcher you start on Blunt arrows till 91 skill then swap to bodkin and finish 400-500 on broadhead.
Weapon crafting is Dagger-Hand Axe-Flanged Mace-Rapier-Round Shield.
Armour crafting is the 3 types studded gloves and boots same as tailor. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
The total skill in guide 1, is approx but will be closer to 1100 wood working 1000 metal working.

I hope this helps both new and old players in maxing out the cash potential while grinding xp and template funds!
Last edited by scilly on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Salvaging Guide for new players

As a new player, I appreciate the info you shared, but there is not enough information provided to claim this as a guide for new players. At the very least, you should have links to show new players to DAOC actually how to craft and the basic ins/outs.

As it stands, this feels more like an info dump from someone who's already gone the rounds. New players to DAOC will not be able to digest this and use it in the same sitting.

Edit: After watching a few other videos and reading more online, this information was extremely helpful; Thanks for sharing!
Last edited by SpoonyBard on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roads? Where We're Going We Don't Need Roads

SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 am
As a new player, I appreciate the info you shared, but there is not enough information provided to claim this as a guide for new players. At the very least, you should have links to show new players to DAOC actually how to craft and the basic ins/outs.

As it stands, this feels more like an info dump from someone who's already gone the rounds. New players to DAOC will not be able to digest this and use it in the same sitting.
I beg to differ - while I am very experienced with DAoC, i never have touched crafting. This worked great for me today. Although very subjective...
HIBERNIA
Tetrahydro - Bard <Straight Up> Guild Leader
Terrifolds - Mentalist <D Generation X>
Stephony - Warden <D Generation X>

ALBION
Karidry Mozvaldibach - Cleric
Caridry Mozvaldibach - Mercenary
Bohemian Rhapsody - Wizard
<Tummi Gunz>

caridry wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 am
SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 am

I beg to differ - while I am very experienced with DAoC, i never have touched crafting. This worked great for me today. Although very subjective...
Then you're not a new player and my post doesn't apply to you. = P :)

SpoonyBard wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 am
Then you're not a new player and my post doesn't apply to you. = P :)
Right, but I literally had zero knowledge of crafting on DAoC even throughout the years i played, i never touched it once. Everything was an exciting new experience for me, I fumbled with the macros at first like im sure most others did as well. Point being, this is a great guide for people to just play around with because its not expensive at all and allows an easy method to show you what crafting is/can do.
HIBERNIA
Tetrahydro - Bard <Straight Up> Guild Leader
Terrifolds - Mentalist <D Generation X>
Stephony - Warden <D Generation X>

ALBION
Karidry Mozvaldibach - Cleric
Caridry Mozvaldibach - Mercenary
Bohemian Rhapsody - Wizard
<Tummi Gunz>

It sounds like we're in agreement that this is very useful for salvaging :)

On a different note, @scilly, would you consider adding this onto the post? (https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =21&t=4123)

It provides the very basic information gaps on performing crafting. I think it perfectly compliments your salvaging post and leaves very little for the imagination on how to go about it; I would have saved 20-40 minutes if I had seen this guide right after reading your post.

thanks guys for the kind responses, and thanks for linking my guide to a post regarding crafting in general.

I didnt feel the need to go to in depth about crafting as i imagined most people who would want to salvage would have a basic knowledge of crafting so i kept it very simplistic.

Brax wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 am
Hey, I am stuck at 808 woodworking, all the other skills are already at the levels you describe. Not sure what went wrongm what would be the best thing to craft to get to >950 woodworking at this point ?
Just craft anything from weaponcrafting or armorcrafting that requires wood. That should increase woodworking. AC/WC is still pretty cheap in the lower levels.
Halma <Kavar Grunas Bar>
Runemaster, Healer, Shadowblade - Avalon/Midgard (Frostbringer, Beta - 2003)
Bard, Ranger - Avalon/Hib (Kavar Grunas Bar, 2005 - 2006)

I did:

0-500 Tailoring (gloves/boots/sleeves)
0-500 Metal and Wood
0-500 Fletch (make sure to do the arrows that need metal as soon as possible)
0-200 WC (do daggers/stilettos/round shields if you don't care about Cloth/Leather)

Did not cost me that much as described, or maybe I didn't look right, but imo that was the easiest and most straight forward way to do it. Leatherand Cloth aren't maxed yet, but both wood and metal are over 1200. To further increase cloth/leather I could either increase Tailoring more or start with AC.