My crafting has lost its mind.

Started 28 Aug 2019
by Saffee
in Crafting
Im trying to craft a bow and I get a message that I can't make the thread that's lvl 350. No matter what I try to craft in fletching I get the same sort of thing... ie that I can't craft such and such a thread.
I just tried to make a lute and it told me I dont have the minimum clothworking skill to create the sylvan thread.
Im sorry if im missing something but id just love to raise my trade so I can salvage higher things.
Can you help me please.
Thankyou
Wed 28 Aug 2019 6:37 AM by Sepplord
check your daoc-directory for a phoenixfix.exe or craftfix.exe (or similar...sorry can't check my own folder right now)

run that exe and it might fix your problem
Wed 28 Aug 2019 7:44 AM by Saffee
I found the exe and have run it twice now but it hasn't fixed my crafting.
Thankyou for your reply though, it is kind of you .
Wed 28 Aug 2019 8:55 AM by Topenga
which realm? which item?
I could run some tests...maybe we can figure it out...
Wed 28 Aug 2019 9:08 AM by gotwqqd
Topenga wrote:
Wed 28 Aug 2019 8:55 AM
which realm? which item?
I could run some tests...maybe we can figure it out...

Go into cloth skill
Skill it up with trinkets until it’s close to your fletching

You CANNOT use it as the sub skill is too low.
It’s a terrible description for what happens

Or better yet start making low level tailor items

Stick with arrows with metal tips in fletching
Use all the main line skills to bring up all the sub skills
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:14 AM by Saffee
The realm is alb. I didn't realise fletching was a secondary class. My fletching is at 543, my woodworking is at 653 and my metalworking is at 653 also. I've started weapon crafting which is only 112 so far. Im so sorry, im just so confused as to what's happening.

Thankyou for your replies.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:36 AM by gotwqqd
Saffee wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:14 AM
The realm is alb. I didn't realise fletching was a secondary class. My fletching is at 543, my woodworking is at 653 and my metalworking is at 653 also. I've started weapon crafting which is only 112 so far. Im so sorry, im just so confused as to what's happening.

Thankyou for your replies.

Fletch is NOT secondary woodworking is
But as you level the secondaries fall behind as they don’t get +1 when talking to trainer
And more importantly if you are doing orange stuff often the secondary is not high enough to use the secondary material
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:05 AM by Saffee
The trouble is im trying to craft a bow which has 24 runewood and 4 sylvan heavy thread, theres no cloth in the recipe. I don't understand how I managed to get my woodworking and metalworking higher than my fletching. I did level the last arrow with no trouble but when I tried to do the bow.. no go, it tells me "you don't have the minimum necessary clothworking skill (520) to create the sylvan heavy thread." Im afraid this just doesn't make sense to me .
Fri 30 Aug 2019 10:05 AM by Topenga
I guess what the program is trying to tell you is that you lack the necessary clothworking skill (which is a secondary) to build that bow.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 2:06 PM by Boltman
Yes, Sylvan thread requires clothworking of 520. Until this point in fletching you have been skilling up woodworking and probably metalworking. To get your clothworking up you can either directly level it as high as your fletching or you can level tailoring which will skill up clothworking and leatherworking until you get to at least 520.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:22 PM by Conaddor
Had the same problem with Armorcrafting. I was over 1000 in it but when I needed to make Leather Armor had the issue in the sub leather and cloth . Had to get them both up over 970. Yes the sub skills have to keep pace with the main, in my case Armor Crafting.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 4:56 AM by Saffee
Ahh ok.. thankyou all for your answers. I will lvl tailoring I guess.
Again.. thankyou
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics