Re: Salvaging Guide for new players

BlushinRse wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 pm
Well considering I took another character two weeks ago through guide number 2 exactly as written. 200 tailoring … 300 woodworking .. etc … I didn't have it wrong then. It worked and I finished with all salvage skills doing 51 salvage except for gemscutting . So please try not to make me sound like I don't know what I'm doing. I started this game Oct 2001 and played constant until 2009. I have had LGM's on every server I played on. Like I stated this guide worked 2 wks ago as written. Not having to take primary up. This guide as stands today needs to be removed from sticky because it's no longer valid as written.
As i have spelled out before: there is no guide where you do 200tailoring and then 300woodworking.
Please reread my comment carefully, or reread the first page carefully. You are mixing up two guides.

Both guides work, as long as you can follow the instructions. Everyone brainfarts from time to time, that's nothing to be ashamed of. A simple "OMG how did that happen to me, sorry that i wasted your time. Lol" resolves the situation with everone keeping their dignity.
But digging in your heals and trying to stay on the high ground when you have clearely just made a small mistake makes you look like an moron.

I'm not a moron nor did I have a brain fart.. My cleric did level "just as it is written". I did not mix up any two guides. So please unless you want to answer my take the sticky off a failed guide then keep your comments to yourself. I have other people that followed the guide as written IRL and in my guild. Something changed and no one wants to admit it. That is fine they give up their time to adjust this game for us. I just don't like being called a liar or "moron" as you put it.

Lets just agree to disagree.

I told you multiple times, that we didnt change anything about crafting. Even if you dont want to accept the obvious, you should atleast stop spreading lies. NOTHING got changed about salvaging since a very long time. Check patch-notes and do crtl + f and search for "salvag" and "crafting". But i guess you will still not believe in my words.

Anyways, lets stop this discussion now and keep this thread clean for those who are in need of advice.
Building your world since 2017

What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!

analyn wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:15 am
What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!
probably not high enouhg to always get maximum ressources when salvaging