Are you templated? Why or why not?

Started 21 Jun 2019
by teiloh
in PvE
I'm curious how DaoC's itemization system is working for everyone.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 7:53 PM by REVOLTE
all my chars are temped.
because i dont have chars that are hard to temp plus temping here is easy in general.
Sat 22 Jun 2019 8:06 AM by Gorgoroth
I don't have many Chars, but they are templated.

Similar to the response above, many chars are not expensive at all or difficult to template. Hence why not? Since I have the intention of playing them, i will try to have them as good as i can make them be.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 8:02 PM by PingGuy
I'm probably the only person around without a templated character. And it's not that I don't want one, it's just that I'm a casual solo who was indecisive about my realm choice, and just literally haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm finally nearing 50 with the farm character I want, in the realm I want. Finished leveling salvage skills, and gemcutting for making blank non-visibles. Now as I finish off the last few levels I've begun farming plat and thinking about a template for my main RvR character.

I remember people in LFG the first week the server was live, saying they were 50 with Det9 and templated. I still didn't fully understand what a ROG was at that point, didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I played DAoC at release, but quit before SI, so I knew basically nothing. Being very casual and hating to grind, the 40-50 run in levels takes me weeks. I pretty much only do XP items and the 1-15 kill tasks, often repeating the same 3-4 mob types several days in a row.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:51 AM by teiloh
I have a few guildies who are untemplated at rank 5+ D:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 2:32 AM by ExcretusMaximus
All eight 50s on Midgard and both 50s on Hibernia are in fully capped templates.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:13 PM by Goforit
Templates are easy on this server...so why not make one!?
Wed 26 Jun 2019 11:35 AM by MacPrior
PingGuy wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 8:02 PM
I'm probably the only person around without a templated character. And it's not that I don't want one, it's just that I'm a casual solo who was indecisive about my realm choice, and just literally haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm finally nearing 50 with the farm character I want, in the realm I want. Finished leveling salvage skills, and gemcutting for making blank non-visibles. Now as I finish off the last few levels I've begun farming plat and thinking about a template for my main RvR character.

I remember people in LFG the first week the server was live, saying they were 50 with Det9 and templated. I still didn't fully understand what a ROG was at that point, didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I played DAoC at release, but quit before SI, so I knew basically nothing. Being very casual and hating to grind, the 40-50 run in levels takes me weeks. I pretty much only do XP items and the 1-15 kill tasks, often repeating the same 3-4 mob types several days in a row.

1. You dont need on this server either a crafter nor salvager to be competitive templated. Also a Farm Char is not needed actually.
2. You want collect some Phoenix feathers - take part on dragon raids, on legion raids, on Epic Dungeon (Sidi/Alb, Gala/Hib, TG/Mid), try to join a group for DS as often you can, take part on realm rvr tasks for Keep Takes. All these provides you feathers.
3. While leveling and pve raids collect all items with 60+ utility, better 75+ for your main toon, for twinks or for house merchant.
4. Make SI Quest, you will get a (very) good necklace for your template. Even a gem from this quest could be usful for end game gier.
5. As soon you have enough feathers, you wear on you char best jewellery, rings, whist, bracer you collected while leveling, the SI necklace. Load a game in windowed mode and tipe all items in Tempalte Configurator https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6565
6. In the Realm Capital search from the offering from Feather Mechants some High Utility Itmes. Normaly you want a Torso, perhaps Leggings or Arms from Epic Dungeon, Heart of Legion as a Gem, Tasty Chunk of Legion as a Bracer (if you are Casting Class), a weapon from dragon or Sidi/Gala/TG. A shield could be also an option..

7. You buy lvl 51, 99er quali armor for other positions and fill them in Cobfigurator with bonus you need to cap.

8. You ask in a guild/ally/trade chat for SC-Master and ask for an order.

Gratz! You are Templated!
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:03 PM by Sixin2082
I usually make my preliminary template for my character when it reaches 40, and use that until I farm whatever items I intend for it to use long term.

So far I only have one final template, but the other two won't be hard to get. Granted, I only have casters at 50, but by the time I get around to leveling my Thane or SB I'll probably skip the preliminary template.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:47 AM by Saerol
Only half of my 50s are templated, but then I probably have a lot more 50s than most...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics