What is the fastest way to farm money/feathers for a temp? I can't run TG very often.

Started 4 Jun 2019
by stinsfire
in PvE
Hey everyone

I feel a bit lost in terms of how to farm enough money and feathers to equip my characters. As I already said I can't run TG regularly and when I do it, it feels like a chore. It's just 0 fun for me.. I have low fps and all I do for 1-2h is press an assist macro and spam DDs on my thane.

Then I rolled a Shaman to solofarm, hit levle 35 and then devs nerfed axehand farming and now many people told me ingame that you make less than 1p an hour. I heard different claims.. Some said you make 500g, others said 800-900g. Both doesn't sound that great. Would mean mindlessly farming the same mobs for days to equip my chars.

So I heard of DS and Hulk farming and I have been spamming lfg chat for days to get into a farm group and I never ever get a response and when DS groups are looking for players they always say that they don't want first-timers. I mean.. it's kinda hard to get experienced with DS if no group wants to take noobs with them.

And for hulk groups.. I have no clue how to get into one. I do other stuff while spamming that I am looking for DF/Hulk/Money/Rog farm and I never get an invite or whisper. I would start a group myself but I also have no experience with Challenge farm and don't want to build a group and wipe people on the first pull.. surely wouldnt give me good reputation.

So.. how did you farm for your equipment? How do you get into DS or Farm groups? How good is solo farming on sham? Is it worth leveling my sham to 50 as a farm char?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:19 PM by florin
I think for hulks you want something that stuns and nukes with the AE variety
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:33 PM by Razur Ur
Or you ask Sepplord he knowing all ;-), how you get much feathern and platins for well Template without Farmbot.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:56 PM by stinsfire
florin wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:19 PM
I think for hulks you want something that stuns and nukes with the AE variety

So you think I would get hulk invites if I leveld my SM to 50? Its also 37 I think. So I could try rushing it to 50, farm and later respec it to dark for rvr.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:58 PM by florin
yes, it's my educated guess based on seeing how hulks are farmed
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:08 PM by Sepplord
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:33 PM
Or you ask Sepplord he knowing all ;-), how you get much feathern and platins for well Template without Farmbot.

someones really butthurt here
and still hasn't understood a single point i made

regarding shamanfarming i have heard really good things about redcap-farming, and since they don't drop named salvage loot, that farm should be unchanged
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:35 PM by kratoxin
before someone says it, *clears throat* farm DS!!! OMG DS DS DS. lol.... ya ok
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:38 PM by florin
Razur Ur wrote:

You can not ask a man on state welfare how to become rich
Tue 4 Jun 2019 7:24 PM by stinsfire
kratoxin wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:35 PM
before someone says it, *clears throat* farm DS!!! OMG DS DS DS. lol.... ya ok

"Are you temped and have experience wth DS? No? Sorry, we take someone else" :'-(
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:15 PM by merfp27
I’m kinda in the same boat as you OP. TG raids during the week usually start right around the time I need to get ready for work. I’ve only been to one that was on a Saturday and I only managed that because I didn’t have RL shit to do. I’ve also yet to do DS.

Cave Sham for farm isn’t worth it anymore. I’ve respecced mine to pure pve spec. Redcaps aren’t worth the hassle. They take forever, require a good connection, and a near perfect playstyle. Even with all that, the drops are still crap imo.
If you can’t get grouped for hulks, mass farming greens/blues solo is the best way I’ve come across so far and you’ll do that faster as a SM and still be relevant for groups.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 10:54 PM by Sixin2082
I have a 50 sham and an sm, and I make most of my money at hulks.

Unfortunately, with only one good spot to do them you kind of have to have good timing to get a group. Either start spamming /lfg right when DF switches or look for someone wanting to replace a class.

Having both an sm and a sham will help you chances to get a group. Rolling a pac healer or shield tank would add well.

I've heard of people having good luck farming HLs, but that will get you more feathers than diamonds, and that seems to be better as a melee group than bomb.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 11:25 PM by florin
If solo - knights work as well
Wed 5 Jun 2019 4:56 AM by Mavella
For sham/sm solo farming. Find a large camp of greens/blues to 50. Their rogs will salvage for asterite/netherium and the equivalent tiers of wood/cloth /leather. Trinket the wood and metal. Sell everything else. You will kill vastly larger quantities of mobs per hour netting you more rogs to salvage/sell. I can easily pull in 2.5-3p/hr with combined forces pots in my untemped sm. This is a literal no brainer.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 5:50 AM by tommccartney
Follow the salvaging guide on ‘crafting’ part of this forum, really easy, you skill up the trades listed to around 400 each, each one uses metal working taking metal working up to a total of 1100.

Then Salvage and hinge all weap/armour drops from
PvE farm groups/ levelling alts etc. Great money.

Hulks drop feathers but isn’t a fast way to gain them, but they do drop seals which you can buy DF weapons with that salvage for a lot !

Best way is to run DS, for feathers. 8k very quickly.

In my opinion having a 50 healer is great for access into groups for pve in general
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:23 AM by Sepplord
florin wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:38 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

i wish i had as much free time as welfare dependants have ^^
I'll add you to the list of people that are so butthurt they must make themselves believe my RL is somehow miserable

If there was just a way to find out who the other two morons are...i'll give humanity the benfit of doubt and assume you like your own comment. Then there is just one missing link ^^
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:58 AM by REVOLTE
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:23 AM
If there was just a way to find out who the other two morons are...i'll give humanity the benfit of doubt and assume you like your own comment. Then there is just one missing link ^^

he didnt.
hover cursor over the "3" to unveil the mystery.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 9:01 AM by Sepplord
REVOLTE wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:58 AM
Sepplord wrote:

he didnt.
hover cursor over the "3" to unveil the mystery.

thanks for the information
TIL
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:52 AM by florin
Sepplord wrote:
florin wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

I'll add you to the list of people that are so butthurt they must make themselves believe my RL is somehow miserable

I was referring to in game welfare economics good sir. As a political refugee from communism I would never make fun or light of welfare as I have needed it. But that was long ago and now I have given back a thousand fold.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:57 AM by Sepplord
florin wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:52 AM
Sepplord wrote:
florin wrote:

I was referring to in game welfare economics good sir. As a political refugee from communism I would never make fun or light of welfare as I have needed it. But that was long ago and now I have given back a thousand fold.

okay, quite a misunderstanding then...
i am much more confused though: what makes you think that i depend on ingame welfare economics?
Wouldn't that description fit much more for "the other side" that is demanding to get better farming results?
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:06 PM by florin
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:57 AM
florin wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:52 AM
Sepplord wrote:

okay, quite a misunderstanding then...
i am much more confused though: what makes you think that i depend on ingame welfare economics?
Wouldn't that description fit much more for "the other side" that is demanding to get better farming results?

To me - it’s more entrepreneurial to farm, salvage, craft, buy sell trade and find inefficiencies in the markets where items are underpriced or undervalued - potentially speculating and winning / losing. It’s more spooned or structured to have task gold, artificial feather currencies (admittedly a good qol addition however)

I know I can run ds 100 times and get a million feathers but I still prefer exploring and finding that one mob or camp that is above average. With it all being normalized, it becomes boring.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:17 PM by Sektor
Sepplord wrote:
florin wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

Mr self righteous talking about people’s real lives. 😂😂😂
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:36 PM by Sepplord
florin wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:06 PM
To me - it’s more entrepreneurial to farm, salvage, craft, buy sell trade and find inefficiencies in the markets where items are underpriced or undervalued - potentially speculating and winning / losing. It’s more spooned or structured to have task gold, artificial feather currencies (admittedly a good qol addition however)

I know I can run ds 100 times and get a million feathers but I still prefer exploring and finding that one mob or camp that is above average. With it all being normalized, it becomes boring.

Now that's an argument i can get behin completely, it'S not for me, but i can see how it would be boring for a person that likes to test out different farm-locations etc. to find one that drop a special items that is worth a lot etc....

What i don't like is when people that play a lot and have high ambitions hide behind arguments like: "the casual player will quit because he can never ever finish his template" (paraphrased) instead of just saying what they hate and why they hate it.

The majority of my money was made by selling combined-Pots, (recently) selling Race/stat-respeccs and buying low/selling high. For example when charges got changed i bought cheap DA-rings for 100-250g ea. and sold them the next day for 1plat each. When i realised that DA-charges are craftable too i lowered prices and was thankful that the whole thing wasn't a huge fail. Could have easily been shafted with a stock of 30+ DA-Rings that noone buys for what i paid. <-- picked this example specifically because it was a bad idea and i got lucky, i am not trying to brag about my market-skills.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:47 PM by florin
I’m still convinced that salvage has always been the lowest risk cash creator - infusing new money into the market - that causal can use to become self sufficient and do it efficiently. There is no need for a buyer, prices are fixed. Can be done with Netflix and an beer solo with one hand on the keyboard. That was nerfed (not saying that the drop rate was correct) so hence causals and new players to the game were impacted. Now this thread started before the gold boost on kill tasks so the effect might be mitigated somewhat.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 1:27 PM by Uthred
Please stop insulting each other (and then report each other). Stay on the topic and be nice. Thx.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 3:19 PM by PingGuy
People mentioned Hulks for feathers, but I assume that's in Midgard. Is there a soloable mob in Hibernia that drops them?
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:24 PM by florin
PingGuy wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 3:19 PM
People mentioned Hulks for feathers, but I assume that's in Midgard. Is there a soloable mob in Hibernia that drops them?

Hulks are in DF which is usually tossed between jobs and mids
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:07 PM by Pops999
Sektor wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:17 PM
Sepplord wrote:
florin wrote:

They let you play yet cheater?
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:55 PM by Sektor
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:07 PM
Sektor wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Who are you?
Thu 6 Jun 2019 3:03 PM by PingGuy
florin wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 6:24 PM
PingGuy wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 3:19 PM

Hulks are in DF which is usually tossed between jobs and mids

Right, totally forgot about that. Thanks
Thu 6 Jun 2019 3:15 PM by Bobbahunter
I've gotten in Hulk challenge groups with my Thane and done quite well. 1.7p in seals and some crappy ROG drops. in just over an hour.
You can try to farm Turn in XP items and still get good salvage and ROG jewelry to sell.

Frost bears in Raum drop XP item Claws I think.

Ice Striders in Raum drop Red Eyes and alot of salvage loot. Dont let them cast on you. A stack of red eyes are about 250-300g. I can pull in 50 red eyes in an hour with my Hunter, 100 arc bars in salvage and 3 bags of jewelry. But dont flood the market or prices will go down.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 4:49 PM by Pops999
Sektor wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:55 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Sektor wrote:

Who are you?

An unbanned player who manages to play by the rules. How about you kid? You have trouble coloring within the lines don't you.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 7:02 PM by stinsfire
Uthred already said something about treating each other with respect and stopping with the insults and provocations. So please stop all the negativity. I didn't have much time to read through all the answers and will do it tomorrow and probably ask a couple of questions. I don't want the thread to be locked just because some people have to use my thread as their verbal boxing ring.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 12:41 PM by Inkwell84
Mavella wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 4:56 AM
For sham/sm solo farming. Find a large camp of greens/blues to 50. Their rogs will salvage for asterite/netherium and the equivalent tiers of wood/cloth /leather. Trinket the wood and metal. Sell everything else. You will kill vastly larger quantities of mobs per hour netting you more rogs to salvage/sell. I can easily pull in 2.5-3p/hr with combined forces pots in my untemped sm. This is a literal no brainer.

Is this using DS spec or PBAE spec?

I can’t make 2.5-3pph solo on my animist @_@
Fri 7 Jun 2019 1:11 PM by Mavella
Pbaoe. Round up like 8-10 greens/blues with pet. 2 shot them with Pbaoe. Release and resummon pet and repeat. The key is finding dense enough camps to support the constant pulling.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 4:41 PM by Inkwell84
Mavella wrote:
Fri 7 Jun 2019 1:11 PM
Pbaoe. Round up like 8-10 greens/blues with pet. 2 shot them with Pbaoe. Release and resummon pet and repeat. The key is finding dense enough camps to support the constant pulling.

Damn. If you know any hib camps that would support this I have a chanter is love to try it!
Probably a piece of cake with split spec chanter too.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 6:06 PM by Mavella
Inkwell84 wrote:
Fri 7 Jun 2019 4:41 PM
Mavella wrote:
Fri 7 Jun 2019 1:11 PM

Damn. If you know any hib camps that would support this I have a chanter is love to try it!
Probably a piece of cake with split spec chanter too.

I haven't played hib since live in about 2005 sorry! Rocots works well and you get a lot of tinder to sell.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 5:39 AM by LedriTheThane
Sektor wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:55 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Sektor wrote:

Who are you?

He's someone that's more relevant than you on this server now, cheater. Have fun with that perma ban!
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:14 PM by Nunki
stinsfire wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 3:16 PM
Hey everyone

I feel a bit lost in terms of how to farm enough money and feathers to equip my characters. As I already said I can't run TG regularly and when I do it, it feels like a chore. It's just 0 fun for me.. I have low fps and all I do for 1-2h is press an assist macro and spam DDs on my thane.

Then I rolled a Shaman to solofarm, hit levle 35 and then devs nerfed axehand farming and now many people told me ingame that you make less than 1p an hour. I heard different claims.. Some said you make 500g, others said 800-900g. Both doesn't sound that great. Would mean mindlessly farming the same mobs for days to equip my chars.

So I heard of DS and Hulk farming and I have been spamming lfg chat for days to get into a farm group and I never ever get a response and when DS groups are looking for players they always say that they don't want first-timers. I mean.. it's kinda hard to get experienced with DS if no group wants to take noobs with them.

And for hulk groups.. I have no clue how to get into one. I do other stuff while spamming that I am looking for DF/Hulk/Money/Rog farm and I never get an invite or whisper. I would start a group myself but I also have no experience with Challenge farm and don't want to build a group and wipe people on the first pull.. surely wouldnt give me good reputation.

So.. how did you farm for your equipment? How do you get into DS or Farm groups? How good is solo farming on sham? Is it worth leveling my sham to 50 as a farm char?

Hi.

You unfortunately chose one of the most difficult classes to get a template for as your first character.
Chain wearing hybrid classes are extremely expensive in every aspect (chain set, high utility rogs and/or many feather items to get everything capped).
My skald temp (without 70+ utility roqs which you usually don't have as a new player) cost 120k+ feathers and several p alone for mp chain parts.

My recommendation:
Level a farming class that is easier to template.
Any caster temp is cheap (easily doable with 60k feathers, some roqs and 99 chain parts), shaman should be feasable too.
If you like your shaman, play it.
Redcaps are still a great spot to farm platin.

While you level your farming toon, follow the salvage guide posted at the crafting forum.
Also go for every TG raid, it isn't really fun but the easiest way to get your feathers together.

Ignore DS until you have a temped toon. Tyical DS setup contains of support and tank classes, rarely / never any kind of caster class.

You already mentioned most of the feather sources. Try to farm some platin in advance and beg for someone to buy you feather items in exchange for platin.

Good luck.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics