Range on heals and aggro

Started 15 Apr 2019
by Zzang
in PvE
I got into an argument about how heals and aggro work, in my understanding the range plays a very important role.

I'm 99.9% sure this was the case on Live servers but not sure here, can anyone clarify this?
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:03 PM by Sepplord
there definitely was a range-factor on live, but no idea how it works here

afaik every player has his own aggro-level and if all players are the same distance from mob the mob will attack the one that has the highest aggro-level.
Standing further away only makes a lower % of your aggrolevel count...aka if two people have the same aggro level the closer target will be attacked.

No idea how it works on Phoenix though, haven't really had any unexpected issues so far though.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 1:59 PM by Ardri
Correct for Phoenix as well. Do the same exact action (i.e. 2 greater heals when mob is 80%) when at 300 units vs 1500 units and you will get different results. The closer you are to the mob while doing aggro building actions, the more likely you are to get aggro.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:41 PM by gruenesschaf
On live you generate the same aggro regardless of how far away you are, however, when deciding which target to attack a distance multiplier is used on your aggro amount which is why on live as something healing you often had cases where when one mob ran to you, followed by the tank, caused other mobs that were still on the tank to also change to you. Or if you had one mob on you and ran to your tank the other mobs changed to you.

We apply the distance multiplier at the time the aggro is generated.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics