New instances are just an example of everything Live did wrong. (History repeats.)

Started 5 Apr 2019
by jhaerik
in PvE
Grindy slog that is annoying to pug with mobs with far too much HP for crap reward.

At least the Dragon Campaign instance on Live has better loot.

Seriously in the time it takes the average mid group to finish this instance I could farm 3p+ solo and just buy more feathers.

Between this and the focus nerfs it's pretty much you want every group to be support/double cross-guarding tanks + pbt. DAoC was never about "The Holy Trinity." Why are they trying so hard to turn this into WoW? Even WoW doesn't want to be WoW anymore.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 12:11 AM by lourock
I admit it felt like live all over again for me too. I’m always amazed what these devs can do though. Not a fan of this instance but I am a big fanboy of these devs talent.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:05 AM by opossum12
My understanding is that thia instance is not required at all, aside from requiring credit for race respecs... Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

What live did was turn PvE campaigns into a mandatory gear grind.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:37 AM by Quillix
It's literally meant to be a challenge for fun. etc. Once you get a good group it can be done in about 30minutes to 1hour. Not that bad for what drops in there.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:52 AM by Afuldan
Quillix wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:37 AM
It's literally meant to be a challenge for fun. etc. Once you get a good group it can be done in about 30minutes to 1hour. Not that bad for what drops in there.

Not quite.

Every trashmob and every boss will drop feathers, every boss will drop 3 ROGs per type. Killing the final boss of the instance is required to buy the new respec stones. Besides that, you will get a pve-only bonus (which works only in instances) that is per completion: +1 to all stats & stats cap, +5 hits & max health and + 1% powerpool. To gain those bonuses, the key stone has to be equipped before entering the instance, equipping it later will not grant you those bonuses until you zone out and in again.
A third reward is a permanent 1% xp bonus for every completion which is accountwide and which will stack with the xp bonus of every member of a grp. This xp bonus is granted to everyone in a xp group.
Last but not least you will get special title(s) for completing the instance(s).
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:48 AM by Arshesmaral
Afuldan wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:52 AM
...every boss will drop 3 ROGs per type...

What exactly does this mean? Three ROGs per type of what? Per type of class in the group? Three ROGs per type of class-type (Support/Tank/Caster)?
Sat 6 Apr 2019 3:34 AM by gruenesschaf
Like every named with the high hp mechanic, e.g. epic dungeons or the SI named: 3 armor rogs (salvage loot), 3 weapon rogs (salvage loot), 3 accessory rogs (chance of something usable)
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:19 AM by Arshesmaral
Ah, perfect, thank you for clarifying.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 5:34 AM by TsunamiSurprise
Kinda surprised at negative responses when it's been out for less than 24h.

I agree- focus nerf was bad. But the instance is different! It's well thought out, and although you might not be adept at running it on your first run-through, that doesn't make it shit.

Ty for new content and cool new respecs!
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:32 AM by Sepplord
I had quite some fun in there yesterday despite not making it due to not everyone being in Voice and not enough dps in group.

I again fell for the fallacy that if something is really hard better stack defenses, but if you are missing dmg that makes many things so much harder.

Looking at the Groups on the leaderboards it seems as 1tank is enough and PBT can help but is also hitthrough by many mobs and afaik all bosses.
RR ofcourse also helps and we didn't respecc to pve RAs

Would be really interested to see how many different groups/People beat the instance yesterday and what setups they used
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:56 AM by Tillbeast
I like them for the challenge, that first boss was difficult to work out and in general the loot/feathers are not worth it but you do it for the fun. You need a strong group and some classes and even race/class combinations will not be wanted but that's always been a problem with DAoC. Overall a good addition but would rather like to see some unique loot eventually.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 9:28 AM by Sepplord
Unique loot leads to powercreep though and People needing to redo templates

That only some classes/setups are visible is normal and not a problem imo, what sucks a bit though is the high influence of RR in a pve leaderboard
Sat 6 Apr 2019 10:40 AM by opossum12
Guys, you can't have this instance drop new and better gear, this is exactly how you kill daoc; force people to retemplate every X months through new pve content
Sat 6 Apr 2019 12:21 PM by Tillbeast
opossum12 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 10:40 AM
Guys, you can't have this instance drop new and better gear, this is exactly how you kill daoc; force people to retemplate every X months through new pve content

Maybe some new skins then. RoGs are a pretty boring and they don't looks that good.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 5:36 PM by Luluko
at least there is no new must have loot so I can just ignore that instance, I wouldnt be able to get 8 players together for this and I also dont really have any of the classes with the right speccs required for those type of instances yet.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 3:11 AM by Galandor
CAREFUL GUYS! THEY MAY LOCK THE POST IF YOU CRITICIZE THEM TOO MUCH! lul
Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:33 AM by kat0r
opossum12 wrote:

Why? Why would I re-template my capped temp with new gear? To cap it again?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 11:09 AM by Ele
We spent all evening in Darkspire with our (mostly) guild group yesterday and had a great time trying to figure out how to cope with the variety of bosses. We had 3 ld's, wiped like 10 times on different bosses (staves...) and even on some trash mobs and had several great laughs about that fact. In any other world we would not bother with any kind of pve, if we get our guild group together we do RvR, but the new instance is actually fun and challenging. That beeing said, it took us 2:30 to complete the instance. We had several ok rogs with 60+ utility and about 10k feathers as a reward, which i think is fair. So from my point of view, the new instance is a great addition to the end game content of this server. Nothing serious to complain about. Thumb up!
Mon 8 Apr 2019 12:02 AM by jonl
i thought it was great, if its possible dev's should add a challenge mode timer as well for extra difficulty
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:13 AM by spell
kat0r wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:33 AM
opossum12 wrote:

Because new items would mean +stat cap or TOA bonuses being added requiring you to retemplate. They added stat cap, but for instance only. Doh
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:49 AM by Senan
I'm a new player to the server so my opinion isn't worth much, but I think it's cool if they're adding some interesting PvE content. I always wished that pve had been managed better, rather than screwing things up like they did with ToA. Personally, I'd even like to see someone take all the ToA assets/content and adapt it to the more classic version of the game; just without the mandatory loot involved.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:53 AM by AngelRose
Not sure why people are unhappy with this. It is actually the opposite of what live did. Live created horrible pve campaigns that lasted a year, with MUST have items. And, then in an incredibly stupid move, they did it again. On this server, you need feathers, and until they made this instance, you had to join a battle group...now you can farm feathers with just a group. How can this be bad? I couldnt join the big TG raids because my computer would crash. Plus, due to working normal USA hours, I was rarely on for feather raides. I am glad I know have an option
Mon 8 Apr 2019 3:29 PM by Runental
The new instance is great,- and another good way to gain feathers apart from the brain afk Epic dungeon zergs.
Actually it feels like you "play" a game and do something/fill a role...
We've done it now many times, and most of the players I was traveling with, enjoyed it alot.
The mechanics were impressive and fun to explore,- so, as somewhone allrdy stated here: Nothing serious to complain about. Thumb up!
Mon 8 Apr 2019 3:33 PM by relvinian
I have not done it nor do i have any intention of doing it. That being said, it is optional. And good job on the devs for giving players more options.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 4:40 PM by opossum12
kat0r wrote:
opossum12 wrote:

Better gear implies that it is better, not more of the same thing... Try to understand the comment before making ass-hat comments.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:21 PM by Joc
The good thing is that it won't change templating requirements. The bad is its very hard without an optimal group. I, for one, love a new challenge. I'm not big on PvE, but I understand that it takes some PvE in order to template and RvR competitively.

I think its a great instance. Its not mandatory either. I applaud the devs for putting out new content. I would love to see more ToA related skins without a new gear grind. Maybe some new weapon skins for bps are in order?

I would love to have access to the golden spear and malice axe skins at some point.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:20 PM by kat0r
opossum12 wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 4:40 PM
kat0r wrote:
opossum12 wrote:

Better gear implies that it is better, not more of the same thing... Try to understand the comment before making ass-hat comments.

It does not imply that there are new stat caps. 150 util rogs are "new and better gear" which would force no one to re-temp.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:59 PM by opossum12
150 util items are not better in the grand scheme of things because you can cap everything with 60 util stuff on 90% of the classes
Thu 11 Apr 2019 4:02 AM by jhaerik
Except it's far easier for Alb/Hib to complete the instance than Mid.

So it's easier for them to temp alts.

Just another mid nerf.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 7:04 AM by CronU
jhaerik wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 4:02 AM
....Except it's far easier for Alb/Hib to complete the instance than Mid.

Just another mid nerf....

Can i ask you a question? Are you just in the forum to cry?
Or was this some hidden ironie that i didn't catch?
Cause currently Midgard has almost equally finished grps like Alb and Hib.
And i'm counting the diffrent groups not those who finished multiple times.
Hibernia is by far the weakest Realm so far. Maybe not so many people interested in it. But seems they got some serious troubles with their caster setups.

So far: 1 Alb grp below 60 Minutes Timer, 1 Hib grp below 60 Minutes Timer, 3 diffrent Midguildgrps below 60 Minutes Timer..
Thu 11 Apr 2019 7:07 AM by Uthred
Enough of that negativity. Locked.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics