Shaman Aug/Mend or Aug/Cave for groups

Started 5 Apr 2019
by Bobbahunter
in PvE
WIll I help more with Mending or Cave when doing higher end PVE content with groups. Fully Tempted Shaman max stats/resists/skills

ATM im 38 Aug, 37 Cave, 9 mend ( for Cures).

I like the ability to AOE Disease and AOE Dot plus heals/cures /rezzes if necessary.

SO either im a Buff / healer type or a Buff Dmg type that can heal in case of emergeny?

I don't RVR too often with my Shaman and only play to help guild or do epics and dungeons.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:37 AM by dansari
If you truly, truly, truly don't want to do anything but grouped pve content on your shaman then personally I don't see a reason to go Cave secondary. But if you basically want to do anything outside of that, the build you listed is the all around spec, which allows you to rvr well, solo pve well, and be disease/poison clear in pve content.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:04 PM by Bobbahunter
I was also looking at 27 mend. 38 aug. 27 cave. A little cave to help or will 27+13=40 cave kind of a waste and just go all aug/ mend? I’ll get better heals with 27 mend and first group Friggs than I have now?

I’m looking for more help in pve than rvr. But I don’t want to be excluded from rvr.

Thanks
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:01 PM by dansari
Bobbahunter wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:04 PM
I was also looking at 27 mend. 38 aug. 27 cave. A little cave to help or will 27+13=40 cave kind of a waste and just go all aug/ mend? I’ll get better heals with 27 mend and first group Friggs than I have now?

I’m looking for more help in pve than rvr. But I don’t want to be excluded from rvr.

Thanks

If you want to do any rvr I would go 43aug/27 cave for red heat resists (heat trains is all hib runs) or 38aug/37 cave for the higher/less resisted diseases. Mend is simply just bad on shaman, and not your main focus as a class. You help in pve by providing resists, cures, spec buffs, and endo.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:04 PM by Seigmoraig
There is little point in going low cave spec for a pve group oriented character. The AoE DoT will be largely irrelevant other than for breaking c/c, the spec damage shield will also be in this boat (low damage and break roots) and the disease, pbaoe is also irrelevant since you get baseline aoe disease
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:07 PM by kratoxin
disease is good no matter what... 50% heal reduction, and snares lol.. helps to kite any melee on you in hopes of not being snared yourself lol, not to mention a run by rupt.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 6:25 AM by Lazarett
You asked for groups....
Your group need buffs, so the minimum is 46 aug for the red STR/CON
you can do 27 cave .

BUT

it depends on your style playing a shaman.
do you realy need instant pbae disease, because the albs and hibs are hunting you? Or are you able to hide a bit in RvR and the disease becomes useless?

I speced 47 Aug and 26 Mend and do it like a healer.
tanks can use endu pots in RvR, so you do not have to stand so close to them.
I am using a Frostalf with bonus to PIETY, so you are able to buff red specbuffs. YES YES i have less DEX, but i have a red DEX/QUI buff. so this is not realy a problem.

If you want to help a group, your profession will be to buff them. if you think you will do damage with cave, you are wrong.

some years ago, i played a Troll shaman, with 46 buff and 27 cave. i played this toon like a mellee class. i was running with the assist train and was hiding me this way. Only the instand pbae disease was to cast, so nobody saw me casting. The Troll was important, because nobody will attack the mellee first, they are looking for the shaman. Our Kobold warrior with hammer and small shield was the first target

So, what ever you do, it depends on your style, but 37 (38) Aug and the rest in cave and mend is for solo shaman. it is a nic e spec, but nothing for a group.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 12:24 PM by kratoxin
38 aug is good in groups... no need to go ridiculously high aug, just put some points into the buff bonus RA boom get 155 cap you're set.

38 aug is solo? no not really LOL i run 38 aug, 35 mend and heal great and with good buffs in small man to zerg.

to go 47 aug might as well just afk as a buff bot because your heals suck, no subterranean for any kind of peel etc
Tue 30 Apr 2019 9:04 AM by Lazarett
kratoxin wrote:
Mon 29 Apr 2019 12:24 PM
38 aug is good in groups... no need to go ridiculously high aug, just put some points into the buff bonus RA boom get 155 cap you're set.

how many points do you ned to buff a 93 STR/CON?

kratoxin wrote:
38 aug is solo? no not really LOL i run 38 aug, 35 mend and heal great and with good buffs in small man to zerg.

We are talking about Group, not smallman or zerg

kratoxin wrote:
to go 47 aug might as well just afk as a buff bot because your heals suck, no subterranean for any kind of peel etc

heals do not suck, sorry you are wrong
Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:15 PM by jelzinga_EU
Bobbahunter wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:04 PM

Thanks

I would go this spec if you wanna do mostly PvE in a group (e.g. epic-dungeons) and occassional some RvR. The instant fart is a must-have in RvR imo and an AoE root is nice to have too. Sure it won't last long but it can be useful at times.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics