New damage shield nerf ruined the game

Started 5 Apr 2019
by worldknown
in PvE
Just tried leveling up in a group, Cabalist and cleric were out of mana before the pull was over and the rate at which you kill a set of mobs has been cut by more than half. The game is already time consuming leveling as it is, with over 1 day and 20 hours on average leveling - this will just make it worse. This ultimately penalizes albion the worst out of every realm. What are you guys thinking by making this change? Instead of reducing teh damage shield so that enchanters/cabbys dont run through the new instance, make the new instance harder or remove it all together. Please restore it back to what it was immediately
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:29 AM by kmark101
God forbid you invite classes to your group who can tank, like Armsmans, you know, they exist for a reason.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:40 AM by worldknown
Are there not ways to incentivize inviting armsman and other melees other than NERFING the leveling for others?? Sorry i dont subscribe to that. Instead if they wanted to make a change they could make a tier exp bonus system where the more diversity you invite into your group the higher tier of exp bonus you move into. So instead of 5% for each unique class you can move into difference tiers . So once you have 3 unique classes the exp bonus moves to 30%, then with 5 unique classes it goes to 80% etc.. I'm sure there are a variety of different ways you can accomplish this OTHER than nerfing and making the leveling system worse.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:51 AM by aratex
I wouldn't know. I haven't played any meta focus group classes yet, so I've been stuck soloing 3 characters to 50.

That said, 44 hours is a little bit longer than my average solo time. (And my average includes my first character, when I hadn't played Alb in >15 years and had no idea how Phoenix's systems work.) Concentrating on farming xp turn-in items, milking low ranks of tasks for a bunch of different mob types, and using eggs to fill in gaps is really effective.

Edit: PS, I can usually only play for around 2 hours on weeknights because I have young kids and a full-time job. I'm still averaging 2-3 levels/night solo on my paladin in my mid-40s. I promise I'm killing slower than your post-nerf focus shield.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:57 AM by Mavella
aratex wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:51 AM
I wouldn't know. I haven't played any meta focus group classes yet, so I've been stuck soloing 3 characters to 50.

That said, 44 hours is a little bit longer than my average solo time. (And my average includes my first character, when I hadn't played Alb in >15 years and had no idea how Phoenix's systems work.) Concentrating on farming xp turn-in items, milking low ranks of tasks for a bunch of different mob types, and using eggs to fill in gaps is really effective.

Exactly what I did and it worked great.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:00 AM by worldknown
Better yet assign points to a group based on class:
I.E

Cleric - 2 points
Cabby -2 points
Wizzy - 2 points
Armsman -5 points
Scout - 9 points
Infiltrator - 9 points

Then tier the points- so greater than 10% points get you a 30% exp bonus, 20 points in a group gets you a 80% EXP Bonus...
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:29 AM by TsunamiSurprise
I need to vocally agree. This nerf is out of order. And shitty.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 7:41 AM by Sterni
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:00 AM
I.E

Cleric - 2 points
Cabby -2 points
Wizzy - 2 points
Armsman -5 points
Scout - 9 points
Infiltrator - 9 points

Then tier the points- so greater than 10% points get you a 30% exp bonus, 20 points in a group gets you a 80% EXP Bonus...

from where are these infos of class bonus
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:10 AM by Sepplord
Sterni wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 7:41 AM
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:00 AM
I.E

Cleric - 2 points
Cabby -2 points
Wizzy - 2 points
Armsman -5 points
Scout - 9 points
Infiltrator - 9 points

from where are these infos of class bonus

from his brain. He is making a suggestion. It'S not ingame
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:30 AM by MadDog
I have to agree.

First they ruin the focus pulling by letting mob attack group members instead of pets, and now the damage shield is reduced.

That nerf was uncalled and i hate how they hide behind words like "adjusted".

They become like blizzard, nerfing thing that nobody care about and let bigger problem unsolved.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:57 AM by Sepplord
MadDog wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:30 AM
I have to agree.

First they ruin the focus pulling by letting mob attack group members instead of pets, and now the damage shield is reduced.

That nerf was uncalled and i hate how they hide behind words like "adjusted".

They become like blizzard, nerfing thing that nobody care about and let bigger problem unsolved.

i saw plenty of hibs/albs focus pulling over the last weeks...are you sure it was ruined?
And if it was ruined before...why does this change matter so much?

I don't have experience with focus pulling, and i am indifferent to the change.
I'm just pointing out that you are either freaking out unneccesarrily now, or did at the first change
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:05 AM by gruenesschaf
At some point in the beta the damage shield value was reported as too low and instead of testing apparently just a * 2 was added. Recently damage shield in rvr was reported too high, tests happened and it turns out * 1.25 would have been correct which was applied to player targets only first and with this patch also to pve, hence this is an adjustment.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:23 AM by Afuldan
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:05 AM
At some point in the beta the damage shield value was reported as too low and instead of testing apparently just a * 2 was added. Recently damage shield in rvr was reported too high, tests happened and it turns out * 1.25 would have been correct which was applied to player targets only first and with this patch also to pve, hence this is an adjustment.

So Cabby/Ench/SM are supposed to run out of power before killing an oj with focus shield? Lv 21 cabby focus shield was at 80-90 damage yesterday morning. Last night it was 40-45. I regretted logging Alb.

Makes the Ani focus bomb groups even stronger in comparison to anything else Alb/Mid can do now. Half as much pve damage = twice as long to get to rvr = frustrated players not leveling as fast = players quitting focus shield classes completely. Can’t farm with them now.

You are hurting a whole group of players that are leveling because you didn’t want your end game instance to be focus pulled. Change the mob behaviour in the instance to ignore aggro from focus shield or something, but this damage being cut in half hurts solo casual levelers the most.

Your adjustment is from *2 to *1. The numbers do not match *2 to *1.25.

E: You need to change the tooltips on focus shield to match the real DPS now. There is no way a 10.5 DPS focus shield should be doing 40 points of damage on yellows. That actually is a 5.25 dps focus shield now. No point for SM to train into Summoning at all. Ench/Cabby at least get Pbaoe and aoe dot in the same skill lines to help with the nerf. Summoning gets... buffs for pet and a rez. Woo. Game breaking spec line. Please revert this change and look at other ways of nerfing focus shield IN YOUR INSTANCE ONLY. A blanket nerf just killed 3 classes ability to solo effectively. Glad I am bringing a Cave Shammy up for mid farming, now that my SM may as well be specced for RVR.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:11 AM by kiectred
I can't believe people are complaining so much about having to PvE with other classes now.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:18 AM by Afuldan
kiectred wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:11 AM
I can't believe people are complaining so much about having to PvE with other classes now.

I only have an hour to an hour and a half at a time to play right now. I’m not spending 45 min or longer of that time trying to find or make a group. Focus shield was how I was 1)leveling a character and 2)getting enough cash to outfit my other characters.

Just because a stupid instance was cleared by focus shield groups and noone else doesn’t mean focus shield should have been nerfed, it means they needed to look at how mob behaviour is working in the instance.

How much bitching do you think would be happening if they had nerfed PBAoE damage to literally half of what it is, without giving the players any notice other than “PBAoE damage has been adjusted.”

They just made Hib the strongest pve realm by far, even more than they already were with Ani’s.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:25 AM by Amorphium
nerf focus shields and verd animists, make it so that for decent pve you need every archetype apart from stealthers (they want to solo in rvr anyway), suddenly mid won't have that much overpop anymore.
ggez
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:26 AM by gruenesschaf
Why would anyone think it has anything to do with the instances? The instance uses the same mob hp / damage taken mechanic as the epic dungeons -> damage shield is entirely pointless in there.

Mobs have a weapon swing delay of usually around 3. In those cases a 10 dps shield would do 3 * 10 = 30 + 5 (average variance) = 35 * 1.25 = 43. Previously it was * 2 instead of * 1.25 -> this was a nerf from 70 down to 42.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:28 AM by Afuldan
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:26 AM
Why would anyone think it has anything to do with the instances? The instance uses the same mob hp / damage taken mechanic as the raid instances -> damage shield is entirely pointless in there.

Mobs have a weapon swing delay of usually around 3. In those cases a 10 dps shield would do 3 * 10 = 30 + 5 (average variance) = 35 * 1.25 = 43. Previously it was * 2 instead of * 1.25 -> this was a nerf from 70 down to 42.

Your math doesnt match what happened in game to focus shield damage. Will PBAoE get nerfed next because every player now knows to just make a bomb group if you don’t want to take ages leveling?

E: the reading between the lines part is in regards to “we had pur instance tested and only 4 groups made it through, heres a focus shield nerf, totally unrelated”
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:30 AM by kiectred
Afuldan wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:18 AM
kiectred wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:11 AM

I only have an hour to an hour and a half at a time to play right now. I’m not spending 45 min or longer of that time trying to find or make a group. Focus shield was how I was 1)leveling a character and 2)getting enough cash to outfit my other characters.

Just because a stupid instance was cleared by focus shield groups and noone else doesn’t mean focus shield should have been nerfed, it means they needed to look at how mob behaviour is working in the instance.

How much bitching do you think would be happening if they had nerfed PBAoE damage to literally half of what it is, without giving the players any notice other than “PBAoE damage has been adjusted.”

They just made Hib the strongest pve realm by far, even more than they already were with Ani’s.

Previously it could take 45 minutes or far longer for anyone who wasn't a cleric or cabalist. So now no one has to suffer through what you yourself don't want to suffer through in terms of waiting, because more classes are needed/welcome.

Besides, I was in a focus group last night that still worked ok, and DoT pulling is still viable for soloing and farming. This did not ruin the game, it opened it up for more people at the expense of a minority of classes.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:33 AM by gruenesschaf
Afuldan wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:28 AM
E: the reading between the lines part is in regards to “we had pur instance tested and only 4 groups made it through, heres a focus shield nerf, totally unrelated”

That's bullshit though, damage shield doesn't work in epic dungeons, didn't work in instances and still doesn't work in instances due to the high amount of mob hp. It is entirely unrelated. The mobs in instances and epic dungeons take the normal damage shield damage but have hp in the rather high 5 - 7 figures (compared to level 50 mobs that have around 2k)
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:39 AM by Afuldan
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:33 AM
Afuldan wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:28 AM

That's bullshit though, damage shield doesn't work in epic dungeons, didn't work in instances and still doesn't work in instances due to the high amount of mob hp. It is entirely unrelated. The mobs in instances and epic dungeons take the normal damage shield damage but have hp in the rather high 5 - 7 figures (compared to level 50 mobs that have around 2k)

Nerf pbaoe next, I don’t like how fast bomb groups can level. This hurts soloers more than a group.

But that’s okay, I have a backlog of other games that I can play. I don’t need to post or log in anymore here.

How many nerfs do you need to put in place instead of buffs before you reach a critical mass of pissed off, nerfed players who give up?

E: you should look at your math in game. The numbers are actually a 50% nerf when applied outside of paper math. And it isn’t hard to see how focus shield to keep aggro on one thing would alow a group to cheese an epic dungeon.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:42 AM by Ceen
Ok bye
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:44 AM by gruenesschaf
It has nothing to do with how fast people can level. Tests happened for damage shield damage due to the rvr report and the damage was hence adjusted / fixed. That it turns out that lots of people level with focus shield when it was set too high and therefore a lot more viable / faster is a logical consequence of the bug.

If you think the damage shield damage now is wrong, test it yourself on pend, report it and if it turns out there was a mistake in the tests that happened it will be adjusted accordingly.

If we just wanted to reduce level speed / make tanks more common with just some custom nerfs, the first candidate would be verdant animist. Also, if we wanted to nerf the leveling with damage shield we would not have done a custom nerf but the 1.65(?) change where focus damage shield no longer generates aggro / has a greatly reduced aggro generation.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:48 AM by majky666
PPl still knows how run melee/bomb grp, just was lazy, because "old" focus shield grps was way better. Today we on ALb ran non perfect setup grp with not well equipped chars (pala/mincer/inf/ friar/wizz bomb/sight necro) and we did great. Not as fast as "old" focus grp, but quite well viable. Now I am talking about low lvl (15-25lvl), will see how it will go at 30-49 lvl, but I guess things will go on fluently.
I understand angry comments and complains, your toys got "broken", but it is not end of world and we need to adapt for new state of mechanics and go back to the roots
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:02 PM by micinskib
It already takes long enough to level? You must be joking, and you clearly never played the game back in the day. People are reaching 50 faster than ever, and even reaching 50 fast solo. The speed and time to get to 50 now you could never hope to do back in the day.

Now you might have to...i dont know...actually use tank and some melee in your group instead of being a snob ad not turning your nose up at anything that else that falls outside of 2-3 other classes in albion. I've seen cabalists constantly turn their noses up at tanks and melee saying things like "no we arent a power level grp" etc because some didnt fall inside their neat little world.

Also, from what i understand, and i think a previously post mentioned this; it was just fixed not really nerfed. I dont think it was really working as intended especially in RvR.

If anything, I think the changes shake things up in a good way and force people to be more open to new types of groups and maybe even areas to level. Don't tell me it takes forver to find a group. You're lying. It takes forever for you to find a group because YOU want very specific classes speced a certain way. There is nevery any shortage of people in LFG chat across a wide level range asking for a group.

Lastly, your accusation that the nerf literally RUINED the game is extremely melodramatic. Stop being a drama queen about it. You will manage just fine and you know it.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:27 PM by cuuchulain79
Unless something changed recently...BS has gotten rid of the free 2 week Pendragon trial accounts. Alternatively, one could simply do tests on Uthgard...DMG shield works there....they actually tested things before launching their server.

Grue, I think you're going to have a hell-of-a-time getting players excited about a nerf...when it feels like you're fumbling to implement basic game mechanics correctly.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:44 AM
If you think the damage shield damage now is wrong, test it yourself on pend, report it and if it turns out there was a mistake in the tests that happened it will be adjusted accordingly.

Why don't you back up for a moment and look at how different your server is from Pend in terms of mob health, mob DMG, miss rates, mob level scaling etc...and then think why adjusting a number to what you think is right can easily be wrong when implemented in your custom environment. When a level 10 player on Pend/Uth kills an OJ mob with DMG shield and has 60% power left...is that insignificant?

And geez...don't get so cranky with your player base when it's obvious it is in fact, you, who needs to iron out how things work on your server. If you want to nerf the bejeezus out of something, own it.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:53 PM by worldknown
micinskib wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:02 PM
It already takes long enough to level? You must be joking, and you clearly never played the game back in the day. People are reaching 50 faster than ever, and even reaching 50 fast solo. The speed and time to get to 50 now you could never hope to do back in the day.

Now you might have to...i dont know...actually use tank and some melee in your group instead of being a snob ad not turning your nose up at anything that else that falls outside of 2-3 other classes in albion. I've seen cabalists constantly turn their noses up at tanks and melee saying things like "no we arent a power level grp" etc because some didnt fall inside their neat little world.

Also, from what i understand, and i think a previously post mentioned this; it was just fixed not really nerfed. I dont think it was really working as intended especially in RvR.

If anything, I think the changes shake things up in a good way and force people to be more open to new types of groups and maybe even areas to level. Don't tell me it takes forver to find a group. You're lying. It takes forever for you to find a group because YOU want very specific classes speced a certain way. There is nevery any shortage of people in LFG chat across a wide level range asking for a group.

Lastly, your accusation that the nerf literally RUINED the game is extremely melodramatic. Stop being a drama queen about it. You will manage just fine and you know it.

Stop comparing this game to what it was 20 years ago. You’re not going to convince a lot of 30+ year olds to spend 4 days played leveling to 50 on an archaic 20 year old game. We don’t have the time. As a casual gamer myself, playing 1-3 hours a night, the path to 50 is already daunting. Great for you if you don’t have a life, but the majority of people playing this game have a job and a family outside of DAOC, and we play this game for some casual fun. What your prescribing as acceptable would be the death of this server - period. Get with reality dude.

Devs shouldn’t nerf leveling capability, if anything they should be speeding it up. It’s all about RVR

This server should be fun and accepting of the demographic of people playing it. Increase exp gain by 25%-50% so you can reach 50 reliably in under 20-24 hours played and allow realm swap every 4 hours.

Restore damage shield functionality/damage to PVE immediately
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:02 PM by gruenesschaf
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:27 PM
And geez...don't get so cranky with your player base when it's obvious it is in fact, you, who needs to iron out how things work on your server. If you want to nerf the bejeezus out of something, own it.

If this were an intentional nerf because we felt ds was too high we would say we nerfed damage shield because the damage was too high.

And sorry but it's literally impossible to release a server for something as complex as daoc without bugs, so any kind of saying "you should have tested it before going live" is just wishful thinking and shows you have no clue what you are talking about, there are so many possible abilities and interactions between abilities.

And just to take your uthgard example, do I need to say more than melee snare? Bugs like the snare on Uthgard or the Damage shield here are just things that happen and will eventually get fixed. It's just bound to happen given the complexity and incomplete available information of how things work(ed) and/or required time investment to test things.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:08 PM by worldknown
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:02 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:

If this were an intentional nerf because we felt ds was too high we would say we nerfed damage shield because the damage was too high.

And sorry but it's literally impossible to release a server for something as complex as daoc without bugs, so any kind of saying "you should have tested it before going live" is just wishful thinking and shows you have no clue what you are talking about, there are so many possible abilities and interactions between abilities.

And just to take your uthgard example, do I need to say more than melee snare? Bugs like the snare on Uthgard or the Damage shield here are just things that happen and will eventually get fixed. It's just bound to happen given the complexity and incomplete available information of how things work(ed) and/or required time investment to test things.

whatever you want to call it but any way you slice it this was a significant nerf to leveling speed to the tune of at least 75%. It also does NOTHING to incentivize groups to incorporate traditionally less “in demand” classes like scouts,rangers,hunters,infiltrators.

You’ve already had population drop since server went live, shouldn’t we be looking to increase this number and make game as friendly as possible?
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:14 PM by Sektor
OMG 😭😭😭😭. Stop crying children. I have a 50 warrior I soloed to 48 in a day and a half. It took me 12 days played to do the same on an infil 15 yrs ago. Stop crying because you can’t farm at an OP rate. Get over it or leave no one is going to miss you.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:26 PM by cuuchulain79
gruenesschaf wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

Cool...so I'm probably out of line for asking this (because I have no clue) but, how many more things got implemented incorrectly that will be drastically changed down the road? Is there a list of classes that are in the "done" pile on your desk?
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:34 PM by Ceen
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:26 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

Cool...so I'm probably out of line for asking this (because I have no clue) but, how many more things got implemented incorrectly that will be drastically changed down the road? Is there a list of classes that are in the "done" pile on your desk?
You do realize they fix bugs they just discovered. How you fix a bug you don't know about or how do you give a "customer" aka forum rager an proper estimate on how many bugs you dont know of are left?
Please go back to school.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:35 PM by Joc
Calm your t'ts. Its still easy to level here. Invite a tank or just solo.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:40 PM by worldknown
Joc wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:35 PM

Have you tried leveling a scout solo? That doesn't work. You cant even kill yellows. This NERF did nothing to help underutilized classes get groups -period end of story.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:42 PM by Ashenspire
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:40 PM
Joc wrote:

Have you tried leveling a scout solo? That doesn't work. You cant even kill yellows. This NERF did nothing to help underutilized classes get groups -period end of story.

Sounds like a terrible scout. Get better arrows, focus on bow and melee over shield while leveling. Buy some cheap buff potions.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:52 PM by worldknown
Ashenspire wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:42 PM
worldknown wrote:
Joc wrote:

Sounds like a terrible scout. Get better arrows, focus on bow and melee over shield while leveling. Buy some cheap buff potions.

Sounds like you don't have a life. Not worth arguing with someone that has no life and would rather spend every last minute of their day playing DAOC. For those of us that actually have things outside of video games that matter to us, any reduction in the leveling speed is a considered a NERF. Its not hard to understand buddy.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:08 PM by cuuchulain79
Ceen, I'm not asking how many 'bugs' are left...more asking what other things have been implemented with guesswork that we can expect to see 'corrections' in the future.

Nobody knew CD/DW/LA would get adjusted...nobody knew DMG shield was wrong...it's pretty obvious the staff have a list of things they implemented with some guesswork and are one by one testing and adjusting...props to them for that...but why is it unreasonable to communicate to the players what things are still existing in an 'incorrect' state?

It feels a lot like random nerfs/buffs just popping up...I don't see why the players can't know if their class is 'working as intended' or to expect a nerf/buff pending further testing.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:15 PM by moe_Jiller
worldknown wrote:
Ashenspire wrote:
worldknown wrote:

Sounds like you don't have a life. Not worth arguing with someone that has no life and would rather spend every last minute of their day playing DAOC. For those of us that actually have things outside of video games that matter to us, any reduction in the leveling speed is a considered a NERF. Its not hard to understand buddy.

What? Are you mentally confused or something? First you complain about scouts not being able to Solo, which couldnt be more false, then when someone tells you how you can easily do it you accuse "nolifing".

Keep on discrediting yourself /shrug
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:21 PM by micinskib
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:53 PM
micinskib wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:02 PM

Stop comparing this game to what it was 20 years ago. You’re not going to convince a lot of 30+ year olds to spend 4 days played leveling to 50 on an archaic 20 year old game. We don’t have the time. As a casual gamer myself, playing 1-3 hours a night, the path to 50 is already daunting. Great for you if you don’t have a life, but the majority of people playing this game have a job and a family outside of DAOC, and we play this game for some casual fun. What your prescribing as acceptable would be the death of this server - period. Get with reality dude.

Devs shouldn’t nerf leveling capability, if anything they should be speeding it up. It’s all about RVR

This server should be fun and accepting of the demographic of people playing it. Increase exp gain by 25%-50% so you can reach 50 reliably in under 20-24 hours played and allow realm swap every 4 hours.

Restore damage shield functionality/damage to PVE immediately

You saying you dont have all this time to spend on DAoC leveling to 50 is exactly why its so fast now! Thats why its a perfect comparison. The game isnt in its prime anymore. There arent as many players. There isnt even as much content as what used to be in the game. Thats exactly why its been sped up with eggs, kill task improvements, daily tasks, xp items, even realm task credit that gives xp for low level players for just simply dying even. This is fast now, and its even fast compared to other mmo's on the market. I leveled an inf to 50 solo with no groups extremely fast, and i as you claim that i dont have for some reason even though you dont even know me, work full time, have a wife and family, and do other activities as well. I love how your entire defense because you know you have no leg to stand on is to lash out on me and tell me i have no life when you dont even know who the hell i am. Good one. You're just upset because the changes effected your one class and one preferred style of play. I'm not saying it isnt a bummer, but game ruining? Give me a break dude.

They slowed down and changed ONE aspect of leveling with ONE class in ONE realm. This is far from ruining the entire game. You're being very dramatic about it. The leveling overall in the game for any class is quick. Even soloers dont have terrible time gaining levels quick. The chance of you screaming on the forum and them suddenly going "oh you know what you're right - we've made a terrible mistake and will change it back immediately - is basically non existent. So ultimately, youll survive like everyone else and fine new ways or areas to level and more inclusive.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:22 PM by Ashenspire
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:52 PM
Ashenspire wrote:
worldknown wrote:

A whole lot of assumptions in your behalf.

Scouts can kill yellows just fine. It's not my or the devs fault you're bad at a video game and want to blame it in other factors.

There are plenty of ways to level in this game. Soloing is slower, but still fine. 2 hours a day will get you to 50 in 2 weeks. Some classes solo better than others. Short of healers, all classes can solo effectively.

Here's the thing. You cry nerf, but never admit that it wasn't working as intended in the first place. So now that this one thing gets fixed, which had the side effect of hurting 3 classes soloing power slightly, and the sky is falling? Get over yourself.

No, it doesn't help Armsmen or scouts get groups faster. That wasn't the intention of the change, and the two aren't related. Something was broken. It was fixed. It's not hard to understand, buddy.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:35 PM by aratex
worldknown wrote:
Joc wrote:

I play 2 hours/weekday and sometimes a bit more on weekends. I've soloed to 50 on a scout and now 46 on a sword/shield paladin. At 40+, I get 2-3 levels per night solo. If you learn how Phoenix's custom systems work, soloing is honestly faster than the group grind, even for classes that kill slowly or can't kill high con mobs.

Also, scouts start out weak, but by low 40s with buff potions, I was chain pulling oranges, and yellows would die before they got into melee range. Spend your first 10 gold on getting to 500 fletching and then carry a weightless stack of mats for functionally infinite, cheap, high end arrows. Stand on a rock or a hill for the range bonus. Switch arrows for damage bonus when you switch mob camps.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:38 PM by worldknown
Ashenspire wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:22 PM
worldknown wrote:
Ashenspire wrote:

Scouts can kill yellows just fine. It's not my or the devs fault you're bad at a video game and want to blame it in other factors.

There are plenty of ways to level in this game. Soloing is slower, but still fine. 2 hours a day will get you to 50 in 2 weeks. Some classes solo better than others. Short of healers, all classes can solo effectively.

Here's the thing. You cry nerf, but never admit that it wasn't working as intended in the first place. So now that this one thing gets fixed, which had the side effect of hurting 3 classes soloing power slightly, and the sky is falling? Get over yourself.

No, it doesn't help Armsmen or scouts get groups faster. That wasn't the intention of the change, and the two aren't related. Something was broken. It was fixed. It's not hard to understand, buddy.

Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry.

This bickering back and forth doesn’t take away that this change is a nerf any way you cut it.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:43 PM by Ashman
1. the spell now deals livelike damage
2.the spell is useless in rvr
3.this is a rvr game
4.the thread is gold please go on
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:50 PM by Kralin
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:38 PM

This bickering back and forth doesn’t take away that this change is a nerf any way you cut it.

Did the bug-fix hurt your feelings? If one bug-fix ruined the game for you then you need to find a new game. I suggest Cootie. It's full of bugs. https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-4782-Cootie/dp/B00000IWDO
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:37 PM by Joc
worldknown wrote:
Joc wrote:

Yes, I leveled a scout solo in beta. I've leveled a hunter, SB, and NS solo since live hit. Its not tough.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:55 PM by TsunamiSurprise
It all comes down to simplicity:

Are cabalists dominating RvR? No.

Are they dominating endgame PvE? No.

Are they doing good in farming and in leveling w/ the support of some simple buffs and heals? Yes- definitely better than some. Arguably not the best. Even with the old damage shield.

Do we want to make reaching 50 easier or more difficult? (Phoenix can answer, but I'd assume they're fine with changes making 50 reachable marginally easier instead of marginally harder)

Does this change unfairly affect realm balance in PvE? Yes.

Should we patch it anyways? No.

Not sure if people were reporting instances as being too strong or whatever... but you can create changes to balance out whatever the heck you think the imbalance is. Nerfing skills should be a last resort (ie, gamebreaking or heavily imbalanced play).
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:07 PM by Ashenspire
worldknown wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:38 PM
Ashenspire wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:22 PM
worldknown wrote:

There's no bickering. This isn't a nerf. It's fixing an overcorrection. Cabalists, Enchanters and SMs will still be fine. Life will go on.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:13 PM by chryso
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:44 AM
Tests happened for damage shield damage due to the rvr report a

This is the part I find really funny. It sounds as though someone was focus pulling in RVR and those who were pulled complained that the damage was too high rather than, you know, not attacking the pet.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 7:00 PM by SaintRon
worldknown wrote:
Ashenspire wrote:
worldknown wrote:

Oh noooo... You have to level slightly slower. It's totally impossible to level now! Like no one has ever done it! The game is ruined if you can't focus pull!!

Ohhhh nooooooooooooo.

Shut up, son.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 7:02 PM by stinsfire
This thread is so full of nonsense and incorrect claims and assumptions I couldn't stop laughing reading through it. Usually I don't read through whole threads that barely interest me but this thread kept getting funnier with every post..

Scouts no being able to kill yellows... lmao... I can chain yellows on my hunter and usually finish them with 1 or 2 melee blows and without downtime.. Blues dont even arriv and easily kill orange mobs. And scouts have higher range and bow dmg lol.

This is the part I find really funny. It sounds as though someone was focus pulling in RVR and those who were pulled complained that the damage was too high rather than, you know, not attacking the pet.

So what you are basically saying is "Hey they noticed a bug and incorrect damage numbers but they shouldnt complain about it since you can avoid it" ?! Or did I missunderstand you?

This thread is pure gold
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:24 PM by MMOWarrior
I have a really hard time finding sympathy for ANY class that can solo entire camps of org/yl mobs without breaking a sweat... welcome to the same world the rest of us play in...
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:38 PM by Uthred
Locked for so many reasons.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics