Tomorrow begins my 1-50 livestream on Phoenix - An old pro takes the reins on Phoenix

Started 18 Mar 2019
by TsunamiSurprise
in PvE
****************POST FINISHED, FINAL FINDINGS POSTED BELOW- followed by original post**********************
Things that I figure are good to share:

2 types of levelling- 1-45, and 45-50.

1-45: task items (frontier mixed in a bit)
@ At around lvl 20, die a few times in the frontier for 1L3's Serenity, Lw1, and Tireless. You now have infinite sprint+ power regen. Any non-power user can just get Lw1 and Tireless.

Around level 40, get all your secondary tradeskills to 1100. Gives you more money later- only takes a 60-80g investment. Very low.

Between 35-40, you want to start dying in the frontier a lot more. /task shows you when the 15 min interval is about to hit (out of 60 mins in the Invade Midgard/Albion/Hibernia section). See if you can double-stack these (meaning, if you die and type /task and see it's 47:00 left in the task, wait for a bit over a minute and head out to die again- you lose nothing for dying. The next quarter is only 2mins away @ 45:00. So if you get one @ 45:01 and one @44:59, you're hugeeeee) and then go to an xp area. Depending on your level and ability to level, it may or may not be worth leaving your xp spot to go level up. Use feel for this.

When I say "go die in the frontier" you'll begin to notice some areas that are fast to die. Snowdonia on the way to Pennine Mtns- always someone camping there. If nobody is there, go to Hibernia/Midgard and just run to a keep that they control. Guards count as RvR deaths. Normal NPCs don't.

@45 in albion, there's some good stuff to level on in Snowdonia (lizards on the SW corner, etc...) and then you can also hitup SI areas (water elementals) for those big bonuses. You want to be doing tasks 100%. You might not have enough money to buy all the task items outright- so go farm em' up! You'll make money from trinketing the stuff you salvage (that's where these tradeskills come in handy).

@47 die every 15 min interval in the frontier. Hand-in 10 xp items and get back to rvr. You can actually potentially kill others now, so go enjoy!

Misc tip: Don't be afraid of respecs. Until lvl 50 or 3L0- you get unlimited free respecs. Respec the hell out of it, and change to whatever style is best for your level. For a while, I found no NPCs with open areas... so I switched to being an Air Theu for the nuke. Then after you're done, respec back.

The phoenix wiki: http://playphoenix.wiki/

Someone pointed out the task section earlier, but yea... this has all the info you need for every realm

Misc tip: Buy all the pots you can afford.

Casters: Deftness, Invigoration, Dexterity, Replenishment, Power are the key words to search for in housing. Don't know what I'm talking about? Talk to a teleporter and click "entrance." Then use one of those words on the market explorer.

Tanks would need healing, rejuv, endurance... obviously not power. Probably Strength and the str/con one as well. They're two diff pots.

Find the best prices, try to buy draughts if possible (100 charges).

Final tip:

Use your bind stone when needed. Obviously you can't from the frontier (but I think I only was there for 5-7 levels anyways... the rest you can find good NPCs inland). The time saved running is huge.

Gonna hit 50 tomorrow or the next day... or something. Just some IRL stuff came up.

****************************** Original post below ***********************************************

Hey guys,

I wrote like 5 diff intros- and I've deleted them all. I don't know how to make a splash other than to say, *KERPLOOSH*.

Before I get into it... I don't want to be powerlevelled. I'm going to organically do the whole shibang- and it's all gonna be streamed live! Hopefully it's a bit of a guide for newbies (which I'm going to essentially be).

I've got years of experience with DAoC, but they're almost uniquely ToA+. Considering we're dealing with SI times, I'm not sure how I'm going to fare.

Anyways, if you want to swing by tomorrow and shout "WHAZUP," go ahead and do it. Tips will also make me happy (tips like, "you might wanna go visit tomb of mithra" not like $5... although $5 makes me happy too, but in a much different way... like in the kind of way that I make money for playing DAoC, which is every 16 year old's dream back in 2000).

https://www.twitch.tv/TsunamiSurprise

I'll also drop into discord and see what's up. Looks like a fun time.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 1:40 PM by FFpheonix
What realm are you playing?
Mon 18 Mar 2019 2:34 PM by dudis
Welcome

Whenever you are solo, chase task items at your level. They give a ton of xp, until level 35 or so, you get a bubble per item.

You can only turn in 10 of each kind of item and maximum 10 items per level though.

Better get familiar with this page.
http://playphoenix.wiki/collection-tasks-albion/
http://playphoenix.wiki/collection-tasks-midgard/
http://playphoenix.wiki/collection-tasks-hibernia/

Also check out the /task and /task realm commands for kill-tasks and monster types with high xp bonus.

1-50 is very possible in 24 hours /played, although maybe not on your first go

Enjoy, I might visit your stream if i remember when i get back from work!
Tue 19 Mar 2019 7:41 PM by TsunamiSurprise
Not sure if anyone followed- but I had some technical difficulties

STARTING FROM SCRATCH FOR THE NEXT 4ish HOURS! Stream active!
Thu 21 Mar 2019 2:49 AM by TsunamiSurprise
We made it to level 18 in the first stream! Made a Theurgist in Albion (and went for the extra dex at char creation instead of the con!)

Next stream will happen Friday at noon MST (11PST, like 3pm EST?) and carry on for a good 5-6 hours.

So far we've learned some important stuff:

1. The /train command is unique to Phoenix, and a freakin' godsend
2. You can sell entire bags with a macro- pimp (i'd have to lookup the macro, but it was awesome)
3. The task system has been split into 2 types of tasks, and the original task system DAoC had is removed
3a. /task personal - Lets you see the personal tasks associated with your character
3b. /task realm - lets you see the tasks available for your realm
4. There are a few keys to exping.
4a. Do /task realm and look for the npcs with the highest bonuses and then go find an area with lots of them
4b. Get quest items to hand-in (10 max per quest) that drop from certain npcs in certain areas - suchas the smugglers near snowdonia, broken arrows)
4c. When solo exping, you get phoenix eggs that can be turned into your trainer for exp. The level you are dictates how many eggs to hand in- and this is uncapped.
Definitely a pro for soloing
4d. Group bonuses are nice- you should probably try to group as much as possible
5. We are only level 18, so we haven't started to RvR yet, but with our first realm point- we went into serenity for the mana regen.

My hope is to keep this thread updated with what I learn, and then players can either watch the recorded footage- or they can just skim the thread quickly to find what I found the most useful.

Conversely, if you have a good tip or something you'd like to recommend- throw it in here and I'll do it on-stream. I'll respond with my results after the next stream.
Sat 23 Mar 2019 2:09 PM by TsunamiSurprise
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Fri 22 Mar 2019 8:31 PM
Stream begins

Made it to level 29, eventually. Some important things we learned:

http://einfachfranke.de/daoc/# is a good website to find the locations of some npcs, but right at the end of my stream- I found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/daoc/comments/atixcy/phoenix_albion_leveling_guide_v1/

I think that 2nd one is better.

The only other thing of substance we learned is that the task-item exp you get scales per level- so don't hand in 10 items @ 9.9bubs otherwise you're ruining your exp hand-in. Hand one first, then hand the other 9.
Sun 24 Mar 2019 4:07 AM by TsunamiSurprise
I've noticed 2 errors with that alb levelling guide already. 1 had an npc that was supposed to drop things, the Bwcas, and they dropped nothing.

The other said Cornish Hens were level 31, and theyre not.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:45 PM by TsunamiSurprise
Got my tradeskills to 1100 each (except clothworking which for some reason is at like 1050, and costing a shitton to improve).

Did this in hopes that it would lead to greater income.

So far, feels like a waste of time and $$.

Also made it to Around Level 39 so far? I've had to delay the stream 10 mins due to going into the frontier to die (getting me 1 bub per death. Made it less fun for streaming purposes, but more fun for levelling purposes.)

Also, something I missed that is super vital is you should be dying in the frontier ASAP every 15 mins (maybe around level 20-30?). Use /task to check when the 15 min intervals are coming. This gets you RAs and xp- and since nobody wants you when you don't have purge 2... start doing work!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:48 PM by TsunamiSurprise
Just did a test...

For some clothworking ROG salvage i was getting 2.5g
Mats cost 3.5g (had to buy heavy thread)
Final sale price was 9g

DEFINITELY tough to see without doing math, but VERY significant. Salvaging is the path to riches.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 2:22 AM by TsunamiSurprise
Hit level 44.9 (close to 45).

Soon to have some fun!!!!
Mon 1 Apr 2019 1:37 AM by TsunamiSurprise
Hit 48, gonna buy my last xp items off of the housing and just RvR to 50.

2L9- so I turned off rps to preserve my respecs!

Now comes the great debate.. how to spec a 50 theurg?

I'm 40 ice, 36 air, 4 earth.

Should I drop the air and go earth?
Mon 1 Apr 2019 2:42 PM by Vilarin
This is awesome! thanks for sharing - Want to use this for my own grind as well in terms of general tips. I'm a 13 SB with like 3 hours /played so i'm still super new. It's been like a decade since I played.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 7:09 PM by FFpheonix
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 1:37 AM
Hit 48, gonna buy my last xp items off of the housing and just RvR to 50.

2L9- so I turned off rps to preserve my respecs!

Now comes the great debate.. how to spec a 50 theurg?

I'm 40 ice, 36 air, 4 earth.

Should I drop the air and go earth?

If you get groups and are good at shutting down free casting enemies, 48 Earth 24 Ice is unbeatable. I went Air for a long while, from 4L0 to 5L7, and recently respec'd. I'm loving it so far.

PRO TIP: Run Blue, 10sec, PBT. Try not to use your Ice nukes unless you're assisting.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 8:39 PM by TsunamiSurprise
Things that I figure are good to share:

2 types of levelling- 1-45, and 45-50.

1-45: task items (frontier mixed in a bit)
@ At around lvl 20, die a few times in the frontier for 1L3's Serenity, Lw1, and Tireless. You now have infinite sprint+ power regen. Any non-power user can just get Lw1 and Tireless.

Around level 40, get all your secondary tradeskills to 1100. Gives you more money later- only takes a 60-80g investment. Very low.

Between 35-40, you want to start dying in the frontier a lot more. /task shows you when the 15 min interval is about to hit (out of 60 mins in the Invade Midgard/Albion/Hibernia section). See if you can double-stack these (meaning, if you die and type /task and see it's 47:00 left in the task, wait for a bit over a minute and head out to die again- you lose nothing for dying. The next quarter is only 2mins away @ 45:00. So if you get one @ 45:01 and one @44:59, you're hugeeeee) and then go to an xp area. Depending on your level and ability to level, it may or may not be worth leaving your xp spot to go level up. Use feel for this.

When I say "go die in the frontier" you'll begin to notice some areas that are fast to die. Snowdonia on the way to Pennine Mtns- always someone camping there. If nobody is there, go to Hibernia/Midgard and just run to a keep that they control. Guards count as RvR deaths. Normal NPCs don't.

@45 in albion, there's some good stuff to level on in Snowdonia (lizards on the SW corner, etc...) and then you can also hitup SI areas (water elementals) for those big bonuses. You want to be doing tasks 100%. You might not have enough money to buy all the task items outright- so go farm em' up! You'll make money from trinketing the stuff you salvage (that's where these tradeskills come in handy).

@47 die every 15 min interval in the frontier. Hand-in 10 xp items and get back to rvr. You can actually potentially kill others now, so go enjoy!

Misc tip: Don't be afraid of respecs. Until lvl 50 or 3L0- you get unlimited free respecs. Respec the hell out of it, and change to whatever style is best for your level. For a while, I found no NPCs with open areas... so I switched to being an Air Theu for the nuke. Then after you're done, respec back.

The phoenix wiki: http://playphoenix.wiki/

Someone pointed out the task section earlier, but yea... this has all the info you need for every realm

Misc tip: Buy all the pots you can afford.

Casters: Deftness, Invigoration, Dexterity, Replenishment, Power are the key words to search for in housing. Don't know what I'm talking about? Talk to a teleporter and click "entrance." Then use one of those words on the market explorer.

Tanks would need healing, rejuv, endurance... obviously not power. Probably Strength and the str/con one as well. They're two diff pots.

Find the best prices, try to buy draughts if possible (100 charges).

Final tip:

Use your bind stone when needed. Obviously you can't from the frontier (but I think I only was there for 5-7 levels anyways... the rest you can find good NPCs inland). The time saved running is huge.

Gonna hit 50 tomorrow or the next day... or something. Just some IRL stuff came up.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics