Frontier Zones as feasible leveling solution

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Durgrim
in PvE
Howdy folks,

just wanted to ask for opinions on the frontier zones being a good solution to level as a group.

At the moment, when I wander around Hibernia FZ, it seems dead land. Midgard occasionally. Albion is kind of more populated.

For Hib, is there no need to go to FZ for leveling? Is the bonus xp on mob types so heavy, that the 25% from FZ is not worth it?

Is there anything Staff could do to make it more attractive to groups going to the FZ for leveling?

Is Alb and Hib FZ used for leveling past 40? Havent seen groups in ages....
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:24 AM by Wokrid
Its has to do with the amount of soloable characters in Albion and Midgard, Theyve got Minstrels and Skalds. Both can run with Speed 6 and thus escape the Zerg, and still be able to 1v1 efficiently.

In Hibernia we have the Bard and afaik there are two Battlebards on the Server worth their money.

So what happens is, that Hib FZ is constantly visited by Skalds and Minstrels while the other FZs are getting less traffic.

That being said, the current best XP Spot in Hibernia is situated in Breifine. People do level there, but its risky as you have someone roaming there nearly every 5 minutes and messing with ur pulls.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:38 PM by Jaegaer
Wokrid wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:24 AM
...while the other FZs are getting less traffic...

I tried to level in Uppland at variing times of the day (very early morning, early evening, lat evening, even noon at one time) but got ganked after 10 mins every time. So it may be less traffic but not noteably less.

The frontzones are very feasivle level solutions for low levels that want to camp the spawns just outside the forts but as soon as you need to wander off just a bit you are basically unable to make full use of even one camp fire.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:54 PM by Durgrim
would a XP bonus of like 150% to FZ (not DF, since other realm is technically locked out) do it in order to groups of all levels really thinking about taking the risk?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:56 PM by dudis
Speaking from a mids perspective, there are a ton of XP item drops there. Uppland alone basically covers every level 30-50 and then some. You also have mobs of basically every type for great task XP, especially around level 40. This is the best xp you can get solo, so it's still worth it even with the ganks.

Just stay away from the roads and when you get to a camp, dont stand on the most obvious spot. Lets say enemies typically come from the west. Then you should pull from the east side, preferably in cover, and maybe the guy trying to gank wont even roam close enough to see you.

High risk, high reward
Fri 15 Feb 2019 1:05 PM by Durgrim
dudis wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:56 PM
Speaking from a mids perspective, there are a ton of XP item drops there. Uppland alone basically covers every level 30-50 and then some. You also have mobs of basically every type for great task XP, especially around level 40. This is the best xp you can get solo, so it's still worth it even with the ganks.

Just stay away from the roads and when you get to a camp, dont stand on the most obvious spot. Lets say enemies typically come from the west. Then you should pull from the east side, preferably in cover, and maybe the guy trying to gank wont even roam close enough to see you.

High risk, high reward

thanks dudis!
I would not go that far and say that gaining XP items in the FZ is big reward - it is the same reward like elsewhere in midgard beside the 10-20x mob kill higher XP by 25%, or am I wrong?
Big Risk yes, big reward...umm...wouldn't agree
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:02 PM by dudis
Durgrim wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 1:05 PM
thanks dudis!
I would not go that far and say that gaining XP items in the FZ is big reward - it is the same reward like elsewhere in midgard beside the 10-20x mob kill higher XP by 25%, or am I wrong?
Big Risk yes, big reward...umm...wouldn't agree

Xp items do give the same XP on turnin, sure, but considering the amount of them, when nearly every mob in Uppland drops one and there are tons of different mob-types for tasks and the extra task for frontier-kill, I consider it a big incentive to go there.

Near Dodens for example, there's a spot with 4 different mobs, dropping 5 different XP items. I can only speak for Midgard though, havn't leveled in alb/hib yet.

I agree they could increase xp from mob-kills more too, but then they should also reward RP for killing greys. No free lunches!
Fri 15 Feb 2019 5:07 PM by chryso
If you do try to xp in the mid frontier, watch out for minstrels.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:03 PM by PingGuy
I've done a bit of leveling in Cruachan, and you never know what you are going to get. Generally, if I don't get killed on my way to the XP spot, then I am left unmolested after that. I've been killed by stealthers (usually enroute), and I've been killed by roaming groups (usually after being at a spot for a while). Other times I've been able to run out, collect XP items, and run back without dying at all.

I'm normally a person who, once they get ganked doing PvE in a PvP zone, gives up and goes back to the safe places. My experience here has been mixed enough that I'm not scared to go out and give it a shot most of the time.

I should also mention though, sometimes I run out of the BK and there is a solo or group there killing people. In those cases I just do something else for a bit and come back later, and it's usually fine. I did go to Thidranki once, attacked the first mob outside my keep, got killed by a stealther before the mob was dead. Never went back. The FZ's have more room though, and with the tasks, people have other stuff to do. So they work out pretty well in my experience.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 9:35 PM by defiasbandit
Hibernia needs more XP tasks for levels 40 to 50. The frontier XP bomus should be increased.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics