Best Solo Class in Each Realm

Started 19 Jan 2019
by JackieC
in PvE
So, I am new on the Phoenix server and I was wondering which classes are best for playing solo. I used to play in Albion as a cleric, a minstral, a sorc, and a couple of other toons. I know nothing about Hibernia or Midgard, but would like to take this opportunity to learn. So, in you opinion, what are the best classes that I can level solo?

Thank you!
Sat 19 Jan 2019 8:00 PM by Ironicles
If you mean besides a stealthier, I’d say Minstrel or Sorc for Alb, Skald or BD for Mid, and Warden or Chanter for Hib?
Sat 19 Jan 2019 9:35 PM by JackieC
Thank you! This is very helpful!
Mon 21 Jan 2019 5:21 PM by Morreion
Enchanter hands-down for Hibernia. Warden, eh. Slow.
Tue 22 Jan 2019 6:55 AM by Bethoc
PvE
Albion: Necromancer, Cabalist
Hibernia: Animist, Enchanter
Midgard: Bonedancer, Spiritmaster

Common theme? They all have pets, high uptime, and strong damage. Melee alternatives would be Friar, Valewalker, and Skald. Others do fine, but have longer downtime for health regeneration or employ a shield and defeat mobs noticeably slower. Downtime also lowers the ranking for most nuking casters, since they're starved for power and must frequently sit. This server is comparatively generous with regeneration, however, and you can solo at an acceptable rate on almost any class. Read up on kill tasks, collection tasks, and phoenix eggs. In combination, they are a viable albeit slower alternative to grouping.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 7:02 AM by rubaduck
Alb: Sorc / Minstrel

Mid: Skald / BD

Hib: Animist / Enchanter

Warden has utter sheit growth on styles so they are very slow here.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 2:15 PM by moghedan
Sorc is a terrible soloer at higher levels, to be honest. On paper, it looks good, but it just doesn't work as well as you would hope.

It's a group class.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 2:58 PM by Brokenstring
That's definitely not true ^. It's a great solo class at high levels. It has all the tools to be good, and so it is, in the right hands.

As for PvE on Mid, Shaman probably takes #1 if you spec cave. It's like a Cabalist with good self buffs if specced cave.
Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:54 AM by Koljar
But shamans miss out on a pet to gather up mobs to spam aoe-dots. They're limited to killing single mobs.
Thu 24 Jan 2019 5:16 PM by Kvothe The Bloodless
Not true, they have an aoe dot and perma sprint..... dot and run, dot and run, dot and run.....the only caveat is they struggle in dungeons. Open play they're great for AOE.
Fri 25 Jan 2019 8:04 PM by Seigmoraig
Koljar wrote:
Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:54 AM
But shamans miss out on a pet to gather up mobs to spam aoe-dots. They're limited to killing single mobs.

You're doing it so wrong if you kill single mobs with shaman.

AoE Disease + AoE DoT + perma sprint = entire camp dead
Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:59 AM by Koljar
Seigmoraig wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 8:04 PM
Koljar wrote:

And you didn't get my point: A caballist sends his pet in to gather up many more mobs than a shaman can hit with his aoe and then the cab casts his aoe-dot. He just hist more and has the tool that his pet is to do so.

Killing single mobs with dots is nonsens as you say tho. But it might work with higher level monsters on this server (due to the changes to the to-hit-mechanics vs higher level mobs).
Mon 28 Jan 2019 10:46 AM by Jaegaer
What do you want from your class? It is easy enough to get to 50 solo for almost all classes. But then the game is about RvR and if you want to die hard solo there you need to play a stealther or a known solo class like Sorc or Skald - but these are not the best solo PvE.
Also a class like Minstrel has a lot of soloability but is really hard to play well, is that ok for you?
Also a class like Shaman can farm pull well but needs to sprint aound a lot which can be quite annoying. Is that ok for you?
A Spirit Master or Animist or Necro can solo red mobs but then has quite some downtime. Is that ok for you or do you prefer a lower but constant pace?
tl;dr hard to say, just play the class you love the most.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:34 PM by Seigmoraig
Koljar wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:59 AM
Seigmoraig wrote:
Fri 25 Jan 2019 8:04 PM
Koljar wrote:

And you didn't get my point: A caballist sends his pet in to gather up many more mobs than a shaman can hit with his aoe and then the cab casts his aoe-dot. He just hist more and has the tool that his pet is to do so.

Killing single mobs with dots is nonsens as you say tho. But it might work with higher level monsters on this server (due to the changes to the to-hit-mechanics vs higher level mobs).

I agree with what you just said, but they are FAR from limited to killing single mobs
Mon 28 Jan 2019 8:42 PM by Koljar
That's also not what i meant: Cabs can draw aggro from more Mobs thus hit more per dot. Shamies have the disadvantage of not having a pet to do that. They still have their aoe tho...
Fri 1 Feb 2019 6:17 PM by moghedan
Brokenstring wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 2:58 PM
That's definitely not true ^. It's a great solo class at high levels. It has all the tools to be good, and so it is, in the right hands.

As for PvE on Mid, Shaman probably takes #1 if you spec cave. It's like a Cabalist with good self buffs if specced cave.

I get the feeling a lot of these people are answering the question in terms of RVR... despite being in the PVE Forum.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:52 PM by Brokenstring
Sorc is arguably the best visible solo class in RvR, competing with the Skald. Bonedancer seems quite good too, but also slow without the speed, which tends to cause problems.

I played Skald on Uthgard, and did some soloing and comparing it to the Sorc, I'd say they are pretty close in overall potential. Sorc is a bit more difficult to play though.

As for Sorc in PvE, well I was able to solo kill the 50 epic armor mob in Lyonnese without buffs, which is a pretty pretty pretty purple mob. Sorc is slow, but very steady in PvE and can take some high level stuff on their own with a good pet or kiting.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics