SI Necklace Quest

Started 16 Jan 2019
by Uthred
in PvE
At step 3 there is an optional reward, a staff or a weapon. If you dont click on it and select it activly, you will not get it. The quest will continue and the weapon/staff is "lost". So please make sure, that you click it if you would like to have it.

[attachment=1]quest1.JPG[/attachment]

Optional reward, click to select.

[attachment=0]quest2.JPG[/attachment]

This is how it looks like after you selected an item.

We will not hand out the optional reward if you missed to click it.
Fri 18 Jan 2019 1:43 AM by florin
Can you post the stats to see what we missed?
Fri 18 Jan 2019 8:03 AM by Uthred
No, as every class gets a different item. Most players want the staff because of the DD charge on it.
Tue 22 Jan 2019 12:28 AM by phixion
I don't understand why this wasn't fixed prior to live? Some people (me included) didn't know this bug existed.

So I missed my chance at the best weapon I could get hold of prior to TG/Crafted.

I understand your decision not to want to hand out to everyone who missed it, but surely this should have been sorted before rather than after the fact?
Tue 22 Jan 2019 9:47 AM by Anaethema
phixion wrote:
Tue 22 Jan 2019 12:28 AM
I don't understand why this wasn't fixed prior to live? Some people (me included) didn't know this bug existed.

So I missed my chance at the best weapon I could get hold of prior to TG/Crafted.

This is so far away from the 'best weapon you can get' as to be ludicrous. There are ROGs and set drops that are light years ahead of this quest reward - I am currently using a ROG on my Druid and ended up salvaging the quest reward for the 10-15g it was worth.

Don't be melodramatic. There is a bug with the quest reward on this particular quest. The staff is trying to inform the player base about the bug. Missing out on the quest reward while a little disappointing is hardly game breaking.
Tue 22 Jan 2019 10:28 PM by phixion
Anaethema wrote:
Tue 22 Jan 2019 9:47 AM
This is so far away from the 'best weapon you can get' as to be ludicrous. There are ROGs and set drops that are light years ahead of this quest reward - I am currently using a ROG on my Druid and ended up salvaging the quest reward for the 10-15g it was worth.

Don't be melodramatic. There is a bug with the quest reward on this particular quest. The staff is trying to inform the player base about the bug. Missing out on the quest reward while a little disappointing is hardly game breaking.

It's a good enough weapon for a PvE character to use and considering I have no plans to spend time gearing up my PvE character, this weapon would have been nice.

I did the quest before this notice was posted.
Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:04 PM by Winkz
Also got screwed over by this.

Badly implemented and causes people not to get the item. Sad.

Smells of Uthgard's poor player support.
Fri 25 Jan 2019 8:42 AM by Winkz
I was wrong, the sarcastic like from Uthred makes it worse than Uthgard player support :-)
Fri 25 Jan 2019 9:10 AM by Patron
What?
Stop spreading bullshit.

I could bring so much facts for uthgardsupport, phoenix team is very superiour and caring for community.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:28 PM by Kyosji
You know, I just did this quest a few days ago, and I wasn't given a list of optional rewards. I was just given one option, a necro staff. I think it had a 300+ dd charge on it, but I can't say for sure till I go look it up again.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:31 PM by romulus
The optional reward, if memory serves, is on the 3rd turn in of 4.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:34 PM by Kyosji
I remember the rewards I got, but I had no optionals as a necro. First reward was a copper token which was jewlery slot i believe, next was a copper ring, then was the necro staff I had no options but to accept, then I got the necklace. I also remember that the quest wouldn't let me continue or turn in till something was selected, even when it was the only option.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 4:22 PM by chryso
Optional rewards may be class based. You would never use a mace on a necro.
Thu 21 Mar 2019 3:44 AM by TsunamiSurprise
Does Phoenix have Saving Zarees quest?
Wed 14 Aug 2019 5:29 PM by Delegator
Some classes (e.g. Runemaster) get optional rewards, others (e.g. Shaman) get one and only one weapon choice. Even so, any time there is an optional reward for a quest, I think you have to click on it before completing the quest in order to get it.

BTW, for the SI bracer quest, you need to select TWO of the THREE bracers as your reward.
Sat 24 Aug 2019 9:29 AM by JaggedOne
As I remember it, the SI neck quest worked the exact way on live back when I first did it after SI came out - if you didn't select the weapon, you didn't get it. If so, then it is not a bug on Phoenix, it is just a quest that was poorly designed in the original game.
Sun 25 Aug 2019 5:08 PM by Sixin2082
Maybe they could put in an SI weapon vendor that can check if you have quest credit, but not an item and give it to you. I'd use the SM staff if I had gotten one.

Or make it a cheap (5000) feather item that checks for quest credit.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics