Drop rate of various ROGs (primarily alb)

Started 28 Feb 2020
by Vendetta
in PvE
Hello,

I am just posting because it seems like the droprate for certain ROG items is completely broken. For the past week I have been doing nothing (and i do mean nothing) but farming. I have spent 48 in game hours (real time /played) farming mobs with my necro, grouped with an inf, a mins, or a merc trying to obtain a 3.9 thrust weapon with a lifetap (99q or better).

48 hours. this is not farming for a scroll on live back in TOA days, this is Phoenix. How many of these items are available in housing? Zero. How many of these items are available randomly for sale? zero. How many people want to buy these? 40-50 at any one given time.

I am farming with a necro, I kill a mob on average every 15-20 seconds. I have brought a vault keeper and merch with me so I never have to leave.

Extrapolated over 48 hours, that means I have killed 11,520 mobs in the past week. I have had approximately 8 3.9 thrust weapons drop. That is 1 drop rate of 1/1440, or .0007%

With all the Quality of life changes made on this server - why do we have drop rates of these weapons being so low? This simply does not make any sense.

Can we try to address this or something? It is absolutely outrageous to farm for so long and not have one drop for even 15 hours... but 48 hours? come on now...

Since the reset last night, I am on lvl 13 of undead kill task at 167/411 mobs killed. just to add some context for the 12 hours I have played since that task reset
Fri 28 Feb 2020 10:45 PM by Jafeeio
If it was easy getting a weapon like that then everybody would have one and you'd be back to square 1 with no advantage.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 10:52 PM by Vendetta
It IS easy to get them, you can get a superior version for slash for 20k feathers which is a 3 hour farm session.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 11:20 PM by Freedomcall
It is low, but I don't think drop rate for "certain" items are broken.
Even if you solo as an infil, mobs drop 6 parts of armor, 6 parts of accessories, and even weapon drops related to infils are divided by 2(thrust, slash).
And then, even if RNG decides to drop thrust weapon, getting certain speed doesn't look to have high chance.
I mean, there are 11 kinds of thrust weapon speed in total that you can get for lvl51 ROG.
(2.2/2.4/2.5/2.8/2.9/3.1/3.2/3.3/3.5/3.7/3.9)
Moreover, necro was in grp(which means drops for infil is halved, if roughly calculated), and there is still chance to drop unrelated drops to grpmates' classes.
What rate do you expect considering all these conditions?

I understand your frustration, but I reckon that's why certain speed LT weapons are expensive
Fri 28 Feb 2020 11:46 PM by Vendetta
The drop rate for the 3.9s are most certainly broken, for the 2.8 - 3.3 range ive had approximately 100 drops of EACH weapon. Ive had still a total of about EIGHT 3.9s (and ive been farming since i made the initial post). The issue isn;t inf weapons, the issue is the 3.9 thrust weapon, its drop rate is way way way too low.

and quick factual edit:

I am now 365/411 on the task, so almost 200 mobs killed - zero 3.9s... as per the garbage drop rate from prior

and 1 more edit:
its not that they are expensive - none exist to buy! you literally cannot buy a 99q 3.9 LT thruster
Sat 29 Feb 2020 1:45 PM by Ulio ah ah
48 hours? I have tried for 3 consecutive weeks and I have not achieved anything.
two weeks ago I bought a 3.7 quality 100. I'm satisfied.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 5:55 PM by inoeth
you know that the r in ROG means random?
Sun 1 Mar 2020 11:34 AM by Taniquetil
He's right. It's a lotless common than any other speed. Solo'd some decent mobs for 3 days a few hrs each time, noticably more drops of every other speed. Had no issues farming in hib, tis a little strange
Mon 2 Mar 2020 9:13 AM by Sepplord
the fact that there is so much farming for any power-advantage is a problem imo, and a sign of lifetap-procs being too strong

No class should have to spend so much effort on getting competitive equip, imo
Mon 2 Mar 2020 9:41 AM by bigne88
Farming a specific random drop is a bit masochist. Better to farm money (which can be done doing any in game activity, including pvp) and buy fron a lucky guy.
Thu 5 Mar 2020 10:17 AM by Hangel
I think better way to farm this kind of drop is farm with the class where you need the item... in mid with 50 sb I have dropped many weapon killing yellow mob.
The problem it's you need weapon with specific speed, quality and proc and this is not easy for a random drop...
At the end I found a LA 99 LT at merchant and than I drop a 4.1 sword 100% LT with a fg without any sb in party... I was really lucky!
Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:10 PM by Vendetta
I ended up having to buy it, there are zero available on the market. Literally 50+ people are looking for them if not 100+. I had to pay 20p for a 99q LT Thruster. Thats right - I had to pay 20p for a 99q item to somehow convince people that needed them to part with them. They aren't going to find them. I got lucky - people can't afford 20p for a SINGLE 99q item. I wouldn't have to farm/buy this if there were viable mainhands for feathers (spoiler: there aren't).

Hangel - I was farming with an inf, so I was doing it right.

As an update: I spent 110 hours farming. That's right, 110 hours in game, farming for a ROG drop with an inf which I would PL. I PLed 50+ people from 1 to lvl 30+. I had ~20 3.9 Thrusters drop. 0 99q LT Thrusters, ~8 96-98q w/LT. The drop rate is absolutely broken. I have a ratio of about 150-200 slash/thrust drops to 1 3.9 thruster.

I've given up - there is literally no chance to actually farm these. 110 hours is more time most people even have to play in 2 months. The drop rates of items need to be adjusted. Period.

I feel bad for people that don;t have the time that I did to acquire the money to buy them - because they simply are not farmable.

Just as a quick bit of math to boggle the minds here to HOPEFULLY push for some change.

I killed on average 1 mob every 15 seconds. That equates to 4 mobs per minute, and 240 mobs per hour. That's 24,600 mobs that I killed, with 0 99q LT drops. That's right... I killed TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND MOBS without getting a single 99q LT drop for the 3.9. Im not talking about farming for an MP. Im talking about farming for a 99q item.

Fix this.
Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:22 PM by Sepplord
the MAIN problem imo is, that these items shouldn't even be something special in the frist place...

the whole concept of the servers equipping system is to provide everyone with everything needed to perform at the toplevel with a reasonable amount of playtime

Nerf the lifetap-proccs, imo that'S the best solution and it should be an easy patch for staff
Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:28 PM by Vendetta
@Sepplord Why does the answer have to be to nerf the LT procs? The LT is fine, but it is not available to buy for the thrust specline like it is for the slash specline, and the drop rate is too uncommon.

Your answer is exactly what causes games to create significant imbalances. Don't nerf it - the weapon is not broken - the proc is not broken, the drop rate for this one specific weapon is broken, and not in line with the others.

Don't be 'that guy'
Mon 9 Mar 2020 4:30 PM by Sepplord
Vendetta wrote:
Mon 9 Mar 2020 12:28 PM
@Sepplord Why does the answer have to be to nerf the LT procs? The LT is fine, but it is not available to buy for the thrust specline like it is for the slash specline, and the drop rate is too uncommon.

Your answer is exactly what causes games to create significant imbalances. Don't nerf it - the weapon is not broken - the proc is not broken, the drop rate for this one specific weapon is broken, and not in line with the others.

Don't be 'that guy'

Are there any alterantive proccs to use in the situations that people currently use the lifetap ones for?
No? That could be a sign that they are a problem.

Are they at least easily available?
AFAIK even the OTHER weapons aren't widely available

Both combined are a huge deviation from the "equipping work" that makes people RvR ready with not too much time investment.

Don't be 'that guy'
I'm really confused how you are applying that to this discussion. Is someone suggesting to nerf LT-proccs such a common occurrence so my comment would make me "that guy" ?
Tue 10 Mar 2020 12:46 PM by Hangel
I played my info to 6l8 without any LT bro, with slower LH with some ra for weapon speed. On last rank I buy a main hand with LT but I don't see all this OP from it.
Some ppl prefer to be more defensive (LT proc), some prefer to be more offensive (Dot, DD proc). Think all work because with LT you die slower, but with DD u kill faster...
On my sb now play 2 LT proc but when I suck there is no LT proc that save me...
Tue 10 Mar 2020 1:07 PM by Sepplord
why do people go (sometimes) extreme lengths to get tese items then though?

I am all for just making them available as featheritems, if the proccs themselves really aren't stronger and just a sidegrade
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics