Thane help

Started 26 Nov 2019
by Herwig
in PvE
First off, forgive me if this question is in the wrong spot, or sounds stupid. I decided to level a Thane (always wanted to, never got around to it when I was playing right after release). Now, everywhere I look, Thanes are using hammers. Is there a particular reason? My Thane is level 20 now (i know, a baby), and I am using axes so far they seem good. Race: Frosty (for casting dex) btw. Any help, advice or tips are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you!
Tue 26 Nov 2019 12:31 AM by gotwqqd
Herwig wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 12:15 AM
First off, forgive me if this question is in the wrong spot, or sounds stupid. I decided to level a Thane (always wanted to, never got around to it when I was playing right after release). Now, everywhere I look, Thanes are using hammers. Is there a particular reason? My Thane is level 20 now (i know, a baby), and I am using axes so far they seem good. Race: Frosty (for casting dex) btw. Any help, advice or tips are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Low endurance and rear snare

I prefer axe in midgard
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:11 AM by Nunki
Herwig wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 12:15 AM

Thank you!
Pro's of Hammer: low endurance costs and side/back snare.

Con's of Axe: Several bleeding styles

If you lvl solo (or solo RvR later) it is no Problem to use axe, while low endu costs of hammer is still nice.

For group-RvR Hammer is recommended, because on one side you want those snare positionals and on the other side you don't want to apply any bleeding (would break CC like Mezz and Root),

Check out the character planning tool for further Information: https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Thane&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:31 AM by inoeth
its also recommended to use hammer for solo since most fights you will have are vs assassins and they are all vunerable to crush dmg.
also thane has a higher weapon table with hammer
see:
https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Table

though im not sure if those apply to phoenix or if thats custom here
Tue 26 Nov 2019 12:58 PM by Sixin2082
I don't know if it was changed for this server, but originally thanes were on a higher damage table with hammer than sword and axe.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 2:11 PM by Dunga
as a frosty... i think u would be a "caster-thane"...
usually, or nearly all, will skill 50sc,42shild,34/39weapon,reat parry ( i would ever go 34 weapon and way much more parry, ur dam with 39 weapon is nearly same low,ofc as a frosty). I personally do not like these, but that does not matter in the moment.

so only the styles till 39 are from interest, and i think the hammer styles are way better.( after block: axe no to hit, hammer+10). only the axe front style looks ok and would make more dam than the hammer one...but it needs more endu..., hammer backsnare!

only with 50 weapon and solo i would think about axe but for that, frosty isnt the right race

for lvling it doesnt matter, i took what drops i got...
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:38 AM by unowien
On the live servers, Axe always had a lower weaponskill for Thanes than hammers did. It was enough that it was significant and you would see yourself being defended noticeably more than if you were using hammer. I don't know if it's the same here. Haven't looked. Also kinda stopped playing when NF became a thing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics