Social Bonus per Class - Explanation & Overview

Started 22 Nov 2019
by Uthred
in PvE
Several patches ago we changed the social bonus which brings every class into a group from a flat 5% per unique class into a mixture that depends on how common a class is and how wanted/useful a class in group leveling is. The less a class is played, the more social bonus it will have and the less wanted a class is for group leveling, the more social bonus it will have. There is also no more limitation to just one class per grp. We created 4 different tiers and grouped classes into these. Each tier does grant a different bonus.

Bonus per Tier:

Tier 1: 3%
Tier 2: 9%
Tier 3: 18%
Tier 4: 27%

Classes per Tier:

Tier 1
Wizard
Eldritch
Enchanter
Spiritmaster
Animist
Bonedancer
Necromancer

Tier 2
Cleric
Druid
Bard
Shaman
Healer
Skald
Minstrel
Hunter
Ranger
Shadowblade
Nightshade
Infiltrator
Runemaster
Mentalist
Cabalist

Tier 3
Friar
Warden
Sorcerer
Theurgist
Scout
Warrior
Thane
Berserker
Savage
Blademaster

Tier 4
Valewalker
Paladin
Mercenary
Champion
Armsman
Hero
Reaver
Fri 22 Nov 2019 3:08 PM by Sepplord
some of those classes<->tierplacements seem counterintuitive at first sight, but on a second thought i like that you not only looked at "groupability" of a class but also at the "popularity"

I was always seeing (for example) stealthers in the lowest category, because i always thought about groupability. But there really is no reason making stealthers easier to level, when there are plenty of stealthers around (despite being shit in groups and comparatively harder to level).

The boni are also high enough to generally strongly encourage grouping
Fri 22 Nov 2019 5:57 PM by Wolfir666
Uthred wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 2:31 PM
Bonus per Tier:

Tier 1: 3%
Tier 2: 9%
Tier 3: 18%
Tier 4: 27%

Classes per Tier:
Tier 4
Valewalker
Paladin
Mercenary
Champion
Armsman
Hero
Reaver

Thank you a very lot for this overview, absolutely appreciate it.
What i wondered about though is , is there a reason that no midgard class is in tier4?
Does that mean that midgard classes being more diversely used than other realms is kinda backfiring on them being granted less bonus on tier4?
Just wondering really now.
But thanks again for the overview, love it😀
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:04 PM by borodino1812
It might just be my experience, but I have a 50 of every class in Midgard, bar the shaman (46) and healer (24), but I always found mid by far the easiest realm to find a group in.

Maybe there is some stats that takes this into account, and hence why the devs have chosen as they have done.

Their choices though makes me want to finally get a Merc to 50!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics