Xp tokens

Started 17 Nov 2019
by Muse
in PvE
So i turned in 107 Task completion Token on lvl 1 and Went up to lvl 2 and 5 bubs.

I mean ofc it is an addon But seriously?
1 lvl for 107 Token?
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:23 PM by gruenesschaf
Turning in a token itself doesn't give any xp, there is a token turn in task that when completed gives the same xp as all tasks and each completion raises the requirements for the next completion until the task reset. These turn in requirements follow the fibonacci sequence (previous 2 numbers added together = next number: level 1 = 1, level 2 = 2, level = 3, level 4 = 5, level 5 = 8, level 6 = 13, level 7 = 21, Level 8 = 34).

In your case you achieved 8 task completions and are on your way to the 9th. You could have achieved the same progress with 8 tokens spread over 8 days or 22 tokens over 2 days. The intention behind those tokens is not to turn in huge amounts at once but small amounts every single day (on multiple characters).
Sun 17 Nov 2019 5:52 PM by gotwqqd
Why make things so “complicated”?
Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:15 PM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 5:52 PM

In fact all the game based on same system (eggs, task, soil...) giving 10000 not give 100x more xp than giving 100 (else too easy !)
just give 19 every day nothing else to understand
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:49 AM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:15 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

In fact all the game based on same system (eggs, task, soil...) giving 10000 not give 100x more xp than giving 100 (else too easy !)

to be fair though...item turn ins got changed, because they got too many questions about "buggy items"
Apparently the old task-item system was too complicated for people

If that was too complicated, i also dunno why one would bring fibonacci-sequence into the equation with the new system. As if that is easier to understand than "10turn ins per level, every item 10 times"
Mon 18 Nov 2019 10:30 AM by gruenesschaf
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:49 AM
to be fair though...item turn ins got changed, because they got too many questions about "buggy items"

If that was too complicated, i also dunno why one would bring fibonacci-sequence into the equation with the new system. As if that is easier to understand than "10turn ins per level, every item 10 times"

Not really sure I would agree here, all tasks grow their requirements. However, for discoverability / user friendliness It would probably make sense to only deduct as many tokens as are required for the next turn in and to fail if you don't have enough as well as explicitly say how many are needed for the next turn in. In this particular case:
move 107 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 1, said it will need 2 for the next
move 106 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 2, said it will need 3 for the next
move 104 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 3, said it will need 5 for the next
move 101 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 5, said it will need 8 for the next
move 96 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 8, said it will need 13 for the next
move 88 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 13, said it will need 21 for the next
move 75 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 21, said it will need 34 for the next
move 54 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted only 34, said it will need 55 for the next
move 20 tokens to the npc, it would have deducted nothing and said it requires 55 for the next turn in
Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:00 AM by gruenesschaf
will be included in the next update:

Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:15 AM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:49 AM
falcon wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:15 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Buggy?
Or just couldn’t grasp the concept of 10 items per level and on turn in some went to current level and some to the next level of less than ten xp was sufficient to level.
Explaining this would have been my solution
Mon 18 Nov 2019 1:34 PM by Freedomcall
Is the reward from xp tokens affected by underpopulation bonus?
Yesterday I was rewarded by 1,793,064,960 xp with my lvl45 albion char.
And today I've got 2,241, 331,200 xp with my lvl45 hibernia char.

Hib has 24%ish underpop bonus atm and calculation kinda meets the result.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 1:55 PM by gruenesschaf
Freedomcall wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 1:34 PM
Is the reward from xp tokens affected by underpopulation bonus?
Yesterday I was rewarded by 1,793,064,960 xp with my lvl45 albion char.
And today I've got 2,241, 331,200 xp with my lvl45 hibernia char.

Hib has 24%ish underpop bonus atm and calculation kinda meets the result.

Yes, all task rewards allow the additional bonuses (potion, guild buff and underpop) to apply.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:13 PM by keen
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:23 PM
In your case you achieved 8 task completions and are on your way to the 9th. You could have achieved the same progress with 8 tokens spread over 8 days or 22 tokens over 2 days. The intention behind those tokens is not to turn in huge amounts at once but small amounts every single day (on multiple characters).
So task completion items are per day? When is reset for those items?
I would have assumed it is level based not time based. Maybe add this information in the description so every one knows it.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:49 PM by gruenesschaf
keen wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:13 PM
I would have assumed it is level based not time based. Maybe add this information in the description so every one knows it.

This is just a new personal task, turn in task completion tokens.

All personal tasks (kill animals, kill demons, kill mobs in DF, kill enemy players, kill guards etc.), including this new task work exactly the same way: once completed the level advances and the xp / gold reward is given, the counter resets to 0 and the requirements to get the next level are increased and at midnight UTC all personal tasks reset.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 3:10 PM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:49 PM
keen wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:13 PM

This is just a new personal task, turn in task completion tokens.

All personal tasks (kill animals, kill demons, kill mobs in DF, kill enemy players, kill guards etc.), including this new task work exactly the same way: once completed the level advances and the xp / gold reward is given, the counter resets to 0 and the requirements to get the next level are increased and at midnight UTC all personal tasks reset.

Is the gold/xp reward the same for each level?
Mon 18 Nov 2019 4:06 PM by Sepplord
Yes, it is just another task.

Just instead of killing a mobtype or mobs at a Location the objektive is to "turn i tokens"

The first task for mobtypes is "kill 15", the first Task for task-tokens is "turn in 1 tasktoken"
Mon 18 Nov 2019 5:11 PM by gruenesschaf
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 3:10 PM
Is the gold/xp reward the same for each level?

For each task level, yes. That's one of the primary aspects of the entire personal task system. Short daily playtime should provide you with meaningful progress, this is done by giving the same rewards every task level with growing requirements -> The first couple levels can easily be achieved even in only short game sessions while spending twice as much time does not equal twice as many task completions, ie the first 2h of playtime daily are worth more than the next 2 etc.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 6:12 PM by Gohanssj
is this additonal? or has it replaced the old tasks? like if you kill 15 plants do you get a bub (average task completion at lower level) + a token? or just a token? The xp items seem to have been nerfed to oblivion, so if this is a replacement it's just making solo/small grps too hard at a time where very few are leveling because the majority of players are well into the end game. Just got a few friends to try it out instead of live and we're leveling at an ok pace, but only just level 20, without these things the rate will drop massively and I can't see them sticking it out if it goes to uthgard syle grind levels
Mon 18 Nov 2019 8:59 PM by Valdarr
Yeah I had a lvl 1 healer gave about 260 token, got to level 3, ... great!
I suppose it's lost and we can't do anything about it?
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:57 PM by Sepplord
Valdarr wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 8:59 PM
Yeah I had a lvl 1 healer gave about 260 token, got to level 3, ... great!
I suppose it's lost and we can't do anything about it?

Please reread the last 5-10comments, they explain why "turning in 250tokens at lvl1" is a really bad idea and that you basically wasted most of your tokens by giving all of them at the same time. It's been described there literally because someone did a similar thing. It's mindboggling why you would read that and then post that reply. The alternative, that you posted without reading anything at all...is similarly absurd

not saying everything is perfect now, the XP does feel a bit slower than before, but it is nowhere near uthgard.
Tue 19 Nov 2019 8:53 AM by Kampfar
Ppl don't read these days. They make mistakes and then yell...
Tue 19 Nov 2019 9:09 PM by Valdarr
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:57 PM
Please reread the last 5-10comments, they explain why "turning in 250tokens at lvl1" is a really bad idea and that you basically wasted most of your tokens by giving all of them at the same time. It's been described there literally because someone did a similar thing. It's mindboggling why you would read that and then post that reply. The alternative, that you posted without reading anything at all...is similarly absurd

not saying everything is perfect now, the XP does feel a bit slower than before, but it is nowhere near uthgard.

Hum, maybe I didn't go on the forums BEFORE using my tokens? It hasn't crossed your mind?
I wonder why you assume that we always HAVE to read the forums before using what is seemingly an alternative to phoenix eggs that you can trade, giving xp without having to separate them.

People these days never try to see the story from others perspective, and then they act all pompous...

And I actually read the above forums posts and I understand what happens, my question was mainly, ... can we revert it? That's it apparently not but you didn't understand my post either so, you might also apply your "please reread" advice to yourself.
It's a case of, oops something feels wrong in game > Check forum > similar issue > hey can I get help with this I did the same > "ROFLMAO u nub plix read lol u dumb!"

Feels like this forums is for kids to yell at each other to bolster their e-ego, man if you have nothing helpful to add, just don't reply. replying to simply add ZERO value to the problem is equally absurd and mind boggling to me.
Tue 19 Nov 2019 9:54 PM by Sepplord
Valdarr wrote:
Tue 19 Nov 2019 9:09 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 9:57 PM

Hum, maybe I didn't go on the forums BEFORE using my tokens? It hasn't crossed your mind?
I wonder why you assume that we always HAVE to read the forums before using what is seemingly an alternative to phoenix eggs that you can trade, giving xp without having to separate them.

People these days never try to see the story from others perspective, and then they act all pompous...

And I actually read the above forums posts and I understand what happens, my question was mainly, ... can we revert it? That's it apparently not but you didn't understand my post either so, you might also apply your "please reread" advice to yourself.
It's a case of, oops something feels wrong in game > Check forum > similar issue > hey can I get help with this I did the same > "ROFLMAO u nub plix read lol u dumb!"

Feels like this forums is for kids to yell at each other to bolster their e-ego, man if you have nothing helpful to add, just don't reply. replying to simply add ZERO value to the problem is equally absurd and mind boggling to me.

I didn't criticize you handing in the tokens, i criticized you commenting like you did. (bit ironic how misunderstandings work...have you thought about my comment from my PoV?...i bet you haven't, but i am not blaming you for it)
There are actually many many very ignorant and entitled posts here and sometimes other comments get harsh words undeservingly.
I disagree on the value part though since all of that extra information you gave now would be otherwise be unknown.
I admit i didn't take your question seriously and that was my misinterpretation, good that we cleared that up. It sounded as if you were ranting.

That said, if you are sincere and really were asking if there is anything that will be done about your 150tokens, then here is an honest reply to that:

no...there is nothing you can do about it.
Everything worked like intended, you just didn't care to inform yourself about a new currency system and accidently misused a small amount. Shit happens.

And just for full information: if it had been a bug that gave you less XP than intended, then there would still be nothing done. The staff is doing the work in their free time and a player losing a few hours of time is much more bearable for those individuals than a staffmember having to deal with all of them (and with the made up ones to get free stuff on top)
Tue 19 Nov 2019 10:05 PM by Valdarr
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 19 Nov 2019 9:54 PM
[...] no...there is nothing you can do about it. [...]

I won't drag this thread over banter nor reply to divergent opinions, but that is the only thing I wanted to know!
Kthxbye.
Wed 20 Nov 2019 3:20 AM by Azrael
I did not take you serious too. If you want serious answers without "ROFLMAO u nub plix read lol u dumb!" you should probably not be that sarcastic in your posts followed up by a "i demand a refund", especially with a controverse discussion like that. At least it confuses me and I would see it as a rant/troll posts which does not deserve a decent answer.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics