Do item drop %

Started 10 Nov 2019
by Keelia
in PvE
Thins seriously needs to be looked at. Killed about 40 buccas and got 5 mirrors. This is excessively bad. Most people have to level solo because there just isn’t groups leveling anymore. Maybe we should lean in that direction.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:49 AM by easytoremember
Math says that's a 12.5% droprate which seems fine
Another post claimed he killed 60 frogs for 10 eyes which is ~16% droprate
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:27 PM by falcon
I drop about 10% on green killed by 10/20 with my cabal matter and strange but its about 40% on yellow/orange killed by 4-6...

So choose your spot, everybody cry because drop % is lower but we can farm them for 5P/hour now (or 3 levels...) not so bad ^^
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:17 PM by Freedomcall
I'm not actually sure what determines the drop rate of xp loots.
I've done tons of xp turn ins before latest patch, and most of the time i farmed myself.
But it didnt look like con(color) of the mobs determines drop rate.
I found some mobs have a really bad drop rate regardless of lvl(even when those were org to me).
So i think drop rate just differs by mobs, not con.

Anyway I was farming Shimmering Water Orb(48-49) with my necro today and got 18 loots with 49 kills.
Drop rate seems to be not that bad to me, at least on this one.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:13 AM by Freedomcall
Today I was farming the same xp loot with my scout, and got 14 shimmering water orb with 65 kills.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 10:44 AM by majky666
When I was farming exp loot (before changes), drop rate was 20%-25% in average. That's not bad IMHO.
I think OP had just bad luck.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:13 AM by Freedomcall
Today,

Crystallized Darkfire Lvl 43-47, 12 dropped from 70 kills(was blue to me)
Danaoin Harvest List 44-48, 11 dropped from 57 kills(was org to me)
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:07 PM by falcon
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:13 AM
Today,

Very bad experience with Harvest list too (10-15% half yellow strange) but cream from lich keep on dropping 30-40% ??? bad news for necros this mob is done for us but price of cream hard to increase
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:28 PM by gruenesschaf
Freedomcall wrote:
Today,

Almost looks like a 20% drop chance for first 10 and then a lower chance the more you get, maybe per hour like the hard limit for eggs.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:28 AM by pollojack
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:28 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Today,

Almost looks like a 20% drop chance for first 10 and then a lower chance the more you get, maybe per hour like the hard limit for eggs.

You mad man, you didn't actually cap the drop rate on top of halving the xp returns?
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:14 PM by Keelia
I would completely agree with the decaying value. I can farm like 10-15 pretty fast then they start to plumit and turns into like 1 per 20 mobs if that.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:21 PM by Wasted_Content
Is this real? XP items have decaying drop rate in addition to the new nerfs? You gotta be shitting me.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:10 PM by gotwqqd
Wasted_Content wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:21 PM
Is this real? XP items have decaying drop rate in addition to the new nerfs? You gotta be shitting me.

Pretty sure a dev responded on another thread indicating that yes the drop rate declines
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:56 AM by Wolfir666
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:10 PM
Wasted_Content wrote:

Pretty sure a dev responded on another thread indicating that yes the drop rate declines

gruenesschaf wrote:

Actually it was in this thread, but uhm, it doesn't look like a clear statement, considering he used "almost looks like" and "maybe", what are pretty funny words for a Dev who should know it and not guess about that

But... you know, there wasn't any announcement about a change of this sort to the XP-items, and they of course would announce it, when they made it like that i would think. I mean, it would be natural, to announce something like that, wouldn't it? ^^
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:01 AM by Sepplord
Wolfir666 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:56 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wasted_Content wrote:

gruenesschaf wrote:

Actually it was in this thread, but uhm, it doesn't look like a clear statement, considering he used "almost looks like" and "maybe", what are pretty funny words for a Dev who should know it and not guess about that

But... you know, there wasn't any announcement about a change of this sort to the XP-items, and they of course would announce it, when they made it like that i would think. I mean, it would be natural, to announce something like that, wouldn't it? ^^

Devs don't outright tell us about droprates. They want that to be found out, hence the vague words from gruenes

and they DID announce adjustment to XP-item droprates in the thread where the whole XP-change were announced
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:06 AM by Wolfir666
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:01 AM
and they DID announce adjustment to XP-item droprates in the thread where the whole XP-change were announced

Yes i know, but not, what they changed exactly in it. I mean, they didn't even say that the drop rate was lowered!
We all had to find that out by ourselves the hard way, hence the uproar in the forums..

Apart from that, it's still a fact, that you do not get 10 items as fast as before.
You have to kill a lot more monsters than before to receive 10 items, that was the state after the nerf and it's still like that.
So i do not believe that "guessing" too much to be honest.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:14 AM by Sepplord
huh?
i don't understand why you wrote that in response?
the context of my comment was in reaction to two statements you made:

a) it is wierd that a dev uses vague language...they should know the mechanics they coded and not make guesses

Reply: they don't make guesses, they intentionally don't give us all information and are vague sometimes

b) they didn't make ANY announcement

Reply: yes they did. they literally said they adjusted droprates. That is an announcement. (and to be honest, when they remove the cap and make it possible to turn in unlimited items, the logical conclusion is that a "droprate adjustment" means they lowered it)
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:23 AM by Wolfir666
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:14 AM

Oh please, if you are quoting, then do it correctly.

Better read back, what i wrote there, and then think again about your text
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:25 AM by Sepplord
Wolfir666 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:23 AM
Sepplord wrote:

i was paraphrasing, which is clear by me not using quote
but ill go back an reread it again.

Wolfir666 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:56 AM

Looks like i paraphrased correctly to me...
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:27 AM by Wolfir666
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:25 AM
Wolfir666 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:23 AM
Sepplord wrote:

i was paraphrasing, which is clear by me not using quote
but ill go back an reread it again.

Better do it, because you obviously werent able to really read everything i wrote, in both of your "quotes" by the way hehe,
I was being sarcastic by the way to the first point, as i think it is pretty bad behaviour to "guess" as a dev and not giving clear statements, its like "huh huh i know it better but i won't tell and youve to find it out all by yourself huh huh".. Thats pretty bad imho.

edit:
and in all honesty.
I think my sarcasm was clearly obvious in what i wrote.
So maybe you should really re-read it all and then understand it without quick-shooting a response that was unneeded as you were stating what was known anyways heh.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:29 AM by Sepplord
check my edit, i don't see what's your problem is

but there's some irony in criticizing devs about their vague language and then having to explain your own sarcasm because you were not communicating clearly
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:30 AM by Wolfir666
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:29 AM

but there's some irony in criticizing devs about their vague language and then having to explain your own sarcasm because you were not communicating clearly

oh, you really werent even able to see the difference in what i wrote and in what you "paraphrased"?
Okay, i will rest my case, you don't deserve any further response to that matter then.

Edit:
Okay, one thing to add though, because it's really funny, that you find that ironic.
If you ask a dev, you *await* a clear response.
If you see a dev-statement, you *await* a clear message.
No "guessing", no "vague language".
It is obvious, that you want a clear response of a dev.
As a normal user, i don't have to explain sarcasm to you, it's absolutely funny, that you obviously were able to totally over-read the "of this sort" and made it into an "ANY" in your "paraphrasing", but to be honest, i think you are just a troll.
So now, i really will rest my case. Go back under your bridge
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:54 AM by Sepplord
Wolfir666 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:30 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:29 AM

oh, you really werent even able to see the difference in what i wrote and in what you "paraphrased"?
Okay, i will rest my case, you don't deserve any further response to that matter then.

Edit:
Okay, one thing to add though, because it's really funny, that you find that ironic.
If you ask a dev, you *await* a clear response.
If you see a dev-statement, you *await* a clear message.
No "guessing", no "vague language".
It is obvious, that you want a clear response of a dev.
As a normal user, i don't have to explain sarcasm to you, it's absolutely funny, that you obviously were able to totally over-read the "of this sort" and made it into an "ANY" in your "paraphrasing", but to be honest, i think you are just a troll.
So now, i really will rest my case. Go back under your bridge

oh the irony...

i agree though, that furthering this "discussion" with you isn't worth it.
I'll not add my thoughts, for real though ^^

Have a nice weekend
Sat 23 Nov 2019 2:06 PM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Wasted_Content wrote:

I understand better why I can drop 20 xp item in 15mn and 10 next 15mn (but always 1/mn (with aoe of course) not so bad ^^ just stop after 30mn and find new spot )
Mon 9 Dec 2019 3:30 PM by falcon
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:49 AM
Math says that's a 12.5% droprate which seems fine
Another post claimed he killed 60 frogs for 10 eyes which is ~16% droprate

Exactely 1 time / 9 on dunters for example (see my post below, its an aoe nerf) and it seem not random anymore (sad I liked the little happiness when I dropped 2 in 2 mobs... now need to wait 8 mobs to have smile again...)

seem still random in NF thats why frogs drop 2x more !
Sat 28 Dec 2019 9:30 AM by Illuma
Leute es dropt genau alle 2 Minuten ein XP item egal ob ihr 20 oder 60 mops oder 1 mop alle zwei Minuten kloppt . Egal welcher mop egal welche Farbe alle 2 Minuten! Fertig.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 2:38 PM by Wolfir666
Illuma wrote:
Sat 28 Dec 2019 9:30 AM
Leute es dropt genau alle 2 Minuten ein XP item egal ob ihr 20 oder 60 mops oder 1 mop alle zwei Minuten kloppt . Egal welcher mop egal welche Farbe alle 2 Minuten! Fertig.

Yeah thats the current status.
Funny enough, that also this wasnt the case after they first changed it, so it is changed to that status now, without giving any announcement on the change.
But oh well, it just fits to my opinion about it all, why giving clear informations about changes, nah, lets rather do it hidden and awaiting the players to find it all out by themselves, and then they are surprised players are asking back, opening threads, asking about possible errors and bugs and all of that.. could have been done way easier, one clear statement, and one doesnt have to guess..
Wed 8 Jan 2020 4:29 AM by Zouz
Looks like there is some sort of an internal timer, I'd say 2 minutes.

For both XP items and tinders.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics