Eld or Wizard?

Started 25 Oct 2019
by ceto287
in PvE
Hi folks,

I'm looking to create one of these two to solo pve to 50 and maybe do some pve raiding and occasional group pvp/BG/Zerg. Which of these two classes would I be better off with and what spec?

Thanks!
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:44 PM by Keelia
I don’t really know wizards that well but if you want to do PvE and mix in zerging it’s kinda of hard with the eld. Solo PvE with the eld you want to be void, grouped PvE you want to be mana and for Zerg RvR, me personally, I’d go void because if you can get 2 bolts on most casters and have them land it’s a high possibility of them dying, where as if you went mana you’d ultimately need moc 5 to do keep/tower bombs. And light is pretty much for 8v8. Unless you really have a hard on for supporting in the Zerg, but most people want to do dps in the Zerg rather than diseasing and NSing.

I’m not sure on what wizards get in each spec line but I wouldn’t be suprized if it’s moderately close to what elds get as far as what they trade for what, ie bolts for pbaoe ns for bolts ect.

I really think that if you played hib you’d prolly be better off going mana chanter. You can still solo PvE, you’re set to pbaoe for groups/bg and you debuff your own ranged dps and when youre higher RR you can tower/keep bomb with moc 5
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:47 PM by Dadbodosteel
So wizard is ice for pve and fire or Earth for rvr.

Eldritch can be all three specs for rvr or Mana for farming or void for ds runs.

As far as running solo light eld has high utility far above a wizard. Wizards are great in keep take and defense. My personal choice would be Eldritch because you can play any spec viably in rvr and hold your own. Sure void and Mana are tied to bg and keep play mostly but don't discount your debuffs and interrupts in a group setting. The wizard bolts will hit harder and they can debuff their own pbae or have shitty bolts with ns and a nice aoe dot in Earth. So it comes down to more of race and realm preference and time of day you play.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 9:09 PM by Freedomcall
Wiz has another bolt in earth line.
So if you go 49earth/rest fire, you end up getting 3 bolts.
fire spec bolt will be green and a bit shitty, other 2 will be not bad.
Actually from my experience, trying to get a right gt and focusing on gtae was far better than using bolts in keepfights.
lots of wiz with gtae assist makes tower almost undefendable, and can interrupt casters hard on wall even without los.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 8:57 AM by Gorgoroth
Eld has far higher Utility compared to a Wizard. Void is similar to fire, but has nicer effects if that matters to you. You are also - if you chose so - a super small luri, so not easy to target via mouse. This is an advantage as well.

As light eld, you have a very strong DD, you have a Bolt, and you have NS, Mezz and more. Plenty of toys to play with.

And also, you will level faster in Hib, as you have an underpop bonus which will support your exp gain.

Cheers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics