Make money as an Infiltrator? I'm just new

Started 1 Oct 2019
by emanius
in PvE
Hi guys i'm just new to the server but not totally new to the game.

My question is, considering I would like to roll an Infiltrator as my main character, should I first roll a pve-farming class?

I mean, may I just focus on my Infi and be able to buy template-little house etc?

Or definetively I need to roll first a money-making-class?

So now I need two 50 rather than 1 :

Thanks a lot!
Tue 1 Oct 2019 7:27 AM by Mavella
The Assassin classes in particular require a decent chunk of money to template appropriately. Usually this requires all MP armor and decent utility accessories which can be fairly expensive depending if you want to a mainhand free or entirely weapon less template.

I would highly recommend a class that can either solo farm very effectively or something that is extremely desirable in groups. Then use their profits to bankroll your template. This will also give you time to get a little more acclimated with the server and in particular the task and xp item turn-in systems. You may be leveling that inf solo more than you'd expect. You can then also afford potions/tinders to make that leveling process significantly easier.

I know on alb caba and necro seem to be decent solo farmers and clerics are never turned down for groups.

Good luck.
Tue 1 Oct 2019 8:00 AM by emanius
Mavella wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 7:27 AM
The Assassin classes in particular require a decent chunk of money to template appropriately. Usually this requires all MP armor and decent utility accessories which can be fairly expensive depending if you want to a mainhand free or entirely weapon less template.

I would highly recommend a class that can either solo farm very effectively or something that is extremely desirable in groups. Then use their profits to bankroll your template. This will also give you time to get a little more acclimated with the server and in particular the task and xp item turn-in systems. You may be leveling that inf solo more than you'd expect. You can then also afford potions/tinders to make that leveling process significantly easier.

I know on alb caba and necro seem to be decent solo farmers and clerics are never turned down for groups.

Good luck.
thanks Mavella, so i will probably roll a Necromancer for that.

since im still newbie i may ask:

1) what is MP?
2) what is a mainhand free template? I got the weaponless :p
3) And what you mean with "tinders"?

I'm trying to understand
ty
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:13 AM by Sepplord
emanius wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 8:00 AM
Mavella wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 7:27 AM

Good luck.
thanks Mavella, so i will probably roll a Necromancer for that.

since im still newbie i may ask:

1) what is MP?
2) what is a mainhand free template? I got the weaponless :p
3) And what you mean with "tinders"?

I'm trying to understand
ty

MP = masterpiece, it is the highest quality of equipment that can be crafted (it'S a random chance to get MP-quality during crafting) and the higher the quality of crafted equipment the more stats you can craft onto it afterwards

mainhand-free is basically a bit easier than "weaponless", aka you can use stats from your (crafted) offhand, but want to still have everything capped without mainhand so you can switch different mainhands according to your needs

tinders are a drop that you can find in RvR-zones, when you use them you put down a small campfire which will give you increased regen out of combat and a 25%damage-buff for melee (only applies for PvE-combat). It only last a short time though (afaik 5minutes?)
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:17 AM by gotwqqd
Make a cabalist for farming
While leveling up kill task mobs for 20 of each turn in drop
Or you can buy them if available
This will likely get your 50 infiltrator faster than doing it alone and first
Groups are hard to come by for this type of class all realms
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:25 AM by emanius
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:13 AM
MP = masterpiece, it is the highest quality of equipment that can be crafted (it'S a random chance to get MP-quality during crafting) and the higher the quality of crafted equipment the more stats you can craft onto it afterwards

mainhand-free is basically a bit easier than "weaponless", aka you can use stats from your (crafted) offhand, but want to still have everything capped without mainhand so you can switch different mainhands according to your needs

tinders are a drop that you can find in RvR-zones, when you use them you put down a small campfire which will give you increased regen out of combat and a 25%damage-buff for melee (only applies for PvE-combat). It only last a short time though (afaik 5minutes?)

Thanks for the info! now i understand

gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:17 AM

Which is better for farm-pve-gold cabalist or necro?
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:49 AM by gotwqqd
emanius wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:25 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:13 AM

Thanks for the info! now i understand

gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:17 AM

Which is better for farm-pve-gold cabalist or necro?
Some will say one some another

I’ll take the mass pulling cabalist over the finger numbing play style of necro
Tue 1 Oct 2019 10:21 AM by Sepplord
Necro is pretty decent solo-roaming/coastguarding in RvR

while cabbalist is a core-member of every 8man

Should you ever decide to use the char for something else than farming
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:19 PM by Elvis
I leveled my Inf as first char. No Problem at all. The Trouble Starts as soon as you want to build your temp. I neither have an cab nor a nec. I hate to Play casters ...

Make yourself a crafter and salvage all Armor and weapon Drops. Keep an eye on good jewelry and ROG Mainhand weapons as soon as possible. You never want to miss a good Deal.

For me it Took a Bit more than two months to get ready for rvr. But i can hardly Play more than one hour a day, so you might be much faster.

Concerning your temp. Imho you do not need a weaponless temp. Mainhand free is Important. If slash speced, as offhand Just use Dam add and Str/Con Debuff weapons. Both Share some Stats (15 Str and 4 Slash). This May also be possible for thrust, but i do Not know the proces of the thrust weapons.
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:03 PM by Gorgoroth
The truth is this:

Assassins are the most expensive Characters. Period.
- Temp wise, if not the most expensive, then in the all-time top 3.
- Running costs: by FAR the most expensive character of all.

What are the running costs? Once you are done with your Template, you need money on the following:
- Poisons. All of them. There is no reason NOT to appy every single poison in every fight (except clothies and non temped levelers). Once they purge. Apply again. This means, you need a lot of swap weapons in your inv. I had 6 or 7 of them in my inv at all times.
- Buffpots. The obvious, combined forces + Endurance.
- Charges. Ablative Feather item. 10 Gold per charge for 10 minutes. Basically you are losing approx 10 gold every 10 minutes FROM THIS ALONE running as an assassin. Always, nonstop. (this is called, the Ablative Meta)
- Heal charge + Superior Heal pots. Combined with Heart of Legion, this is almost as good a s a little Ignore pain. Costs you 10g per use too.
- Damage add charge. Depends on the situation, you want to boost your DPS. 10g per charge. You will use it somewhat often.
- Damage Shield pot. Unless you have a legendary alchemist (which is the most expensive craft to get to legendary) you spend between 11 to 50 gold per pot (not barrel). Which makes it another gold drain.

Combine this with the fact that you will not get any grps for PvE unless your social skills are on level 1000 and you dont mind being the 5th wheel in every grp, you will likely only solo farm some mobs, which you may be good enough to kill. You will have to regen a lot, and waste time sitting.

I dont know anyone who is SUCH a committed Infiltrator or assassin in general, who would do this to him or herself.

IF you want to be effective and good, not only in some stealth zerg as random whatever add, you want an Ecosystem that supports those monetary needs.

Ergo: You want at least one farm toon. Just to keep going. Don't ever think about having only an Infiltrator and think this is enough (no matter how much you may be dedicated to that class).

Welcome to the life of an Assassin.
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:11 PM by gotwqqd
Gorgoroth wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:03 PM
The truth is this:

What are the running costs? Once you are done with your Template, you need money on the following:
- Poisons. All of them. There is no reason NOT to appy every single poison in every fight (except clothies and non temped levelers). Once they purge. Apply again. This means, you need a lot of swap weapons in your inv. I had 6 or 7 of them in my inv at all times.
- Charges. Heart of Legion, and your Ablative Feather item. 10 Gold per charge for 10 minutes FROM THIS ALONE. Basically you are losing approx 10 gold every 10 minutes running as an assassin. Always.
- Superior Heal pots. Combined with Heart of Legion, this is almost as good a s a little Ignore pain. Costs you too.
- Damage add charge. Depends on the situation, you want to boost your DPS. 10g per charge. You will use it somewhat often.
- Damage Shield pot. Unless you have a legendary alchemist (which is the most expensive craft to get to legendary) you spend between 11 to 50 gold per pot (not barrel). Which makes it another gold drain.

Combine this with the fact that you will not get any grps for PvE unless your social skills are on level 1000 and you dont mind being the 5th wheel in every grp, you will likely only solo farm some mobs, which you may be good enough to kill. You will have to regen a lot, and waste time sitting.

I dont know anyone who is SUCH a committed Infiltrator or assassin in general, who would do this to him or herself.

IF you want to be effective and good, not only in some stealth zerg as random whatever add, you want an Ecosystem that supports those monetary needs.

Ergo: You want at least one farm toon. Just to keep going. Don't ever think about having only an Infiltrator and think this is enough (no matter how much you may be dedicated to that class).

When you make your farming character FIRST...also level up tailor/fletching/weapon/armor to all about 500 using multi cheap materials so you get all sub crafting skills to 1000
Salvage and trinket everything and from your alts the money builds up
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:36 PM by emanius
Elvis wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:19 PM
I leveled my Inf as first char. No Problem at all. The Trouble Starts as soon as you want to build your temp. I neither have an cab nor a nec. I hate to Play casters ...

Make yourself a crafter and salvage all Armor and weapon Drops. Keep an eye on good jewelry and ROG Mainhand weapons as soon as possible. You never want to miss a good Deal.

For me it Took a Bit more than two months to get ready for rvr. But i can hardly Play more than one hour a day, so you might be much faster.

Concerning your temp. Imho you do not need a weaponless temp. Mainhand free is Important. If slash speced, as offhand Just use Dam add and Str/Con Debuff weapons. Both Share some Stats (15 Str and 4 Slash). This May also be possible for thrust, but i do Not know the proces of the thrust weapons.

1) Im never crafted before in daoc, so should i go Camelot and look for Salvaging Trainer? Where is him?
2) What is ROG Mainhand? and how to check if a jewelry is a good deal?
3) About the template i'm probably going inconnu/thrust

Gorgoroth wrote:
The truth is this:

- Charges. Ablative Feather item. 10 Gold per charge for 10 minutes. Basically you are losing approx 10 gold every 10 minutes FROM THIS ALONE running as an assassin. Always, nonstop. (this is called, the Ablative Meta)
- Heal charge + Superior Heal pots. Combined with Heart of Legion, this is almost as good a s a little Ignore pain. Costs you 10g per use too.

Okay infi-template could be expensive but im rolling my necro for that.
4) Poisons: im still new, i guess every poison is for that class i'm gonna face. Is that right? So which kind of potions for which classes?
5) Potions:
5a)should i buy these 2 right? Combined Force + Endurance?
5b) Charges: im never been in endgame so I dont know what it is. Is this another potions?
5c) Potion: heal charge + sperior heal + heart of legion? Are these potions as well?
5d) Damage add + damage shield pots?

About the point 5, if all of these are potions the number we need is crazy! I mean how many buff pots a character can run at the same time??

gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:11 PM
When you make your farming character FIRST...also level up tailor/fletching/weapon/armor to all about 500 using multi cheap materials so you get all sub crafting skills to 1000

Lastly about crafting, should I level all of these professions?? No way to keep it simple??

Anyways guys really thanks for the info!! It starts to be complicated now ...
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:43 PM by gotwqqd
emanius wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:36 PM
Elvis wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:19 PM

1) Im never crafted before in daoc, so should i go Camelot and look for Salvaging Trainer? Where is him?
2) What is ROG Mainhand? and how to check if a jewelry is a good deal?
3) About the template i'm probably going inconnu/thrust

Gorgoroth wrote:
The truth is this:

Okay infi-template could be expensive but im rolling my necro for that.
4) Poisons: im still new, i guess every poison is for that class i'm gonna face. Is that right? So which kind of potions for which classes?
5) Potions:
5a)should i buy these 2 right? Combined Force + Endurance?
5b) Charges: im never been in endgame so I dont know what it is. Is this another potions?
5c) Potion: heal charge + sperior heal + heart of legion? Are these potions as well?
5d) Damage add + damage shield pots?

About the point 5, if all of these are potions the number we need is crazy! I mean how many buff pots a character can run at the same time??

gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 3:11 PM

Lastly about crafting, should I level all of these professions?? No way to keep it simple??

Anyways guys really thanks for the info!! It starts to be complicated now ...
You are using primary craft skills to level secondary skills
This allows salvage items
Wed 2 Oct 2019 8:19 AM by iamsaitam
Please just go ahead and making a farming toon, some class that let's you do DS or HoH. I didn't feel like rolling one when I dinged 50 on my main, but after a couple of days of not being able to do much progress towards temping, I just rolled one. I play hib, so for me that was an ani which I solely log to go on DS runs. I can tell you it makes things so much easier, you'll save a lot more time by going this way.
Wed 2 Oct 2019 11:22 AM by Dominus
iamsaitam wrote:
Wed 2 Oct 2019 8:19 AM
Please just go ahead and making a farming toon, some class that let's you do DS or HoH. I didn't feel like rolling one when I dinged 50 on my main, but after a couple of days of not being able to do much progress towards temping, I just rolled one. I play hib, so for me that was an ani which I solely log to go on DS runs. I can tell you it makes things so much easier, you'll save a lot more time by going this way.

also did they same thing, made a Zerker for DS specifically. Got realm points high enough for better damage and never had a problem making tons of feathers there... just a little mind numbing but better than traditional farming/rog
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics