Can Bone Commanders Block?

Started 14 Aug 2019
by Delegator
in PvE
I've been playing around with the ability to choose weapons for my bone commander, and I am wondering whether the shield in the 1h/shield configurations is purely ornamental, or whether the commander can block.

I can see the difference in damage types between Hammer and Axe/Sword. I can tell that Axe seems slower than (but same damage type as) sword, so does more per hit but less often. I can see that 2-handers do more per hit but slower than 1-handers.

But...while I can see my bone commander parrying (rarely) in the logs, I don't ever see any messages about blocking. If I have him wield a one-handed weapon & shield, I see no difference in damage take, either.

So, does anybody know whether the 1h/shield configuration is supposed to somehow make a bone commander more durable? Or is the shield purely cosmetic, and the only effect of that weapon configuration the faster attacks?
Wed 14 Aug 2019 11:14 PM by Delegator
Answering my own question...yes they can block. I'm not sure yet, but I think having them taunt increases the block chance somehow. Anyway, I measured a block rate of about 10% and parry of about 5% over the course of over 200 swings by yellow/orange MOBs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics