DS Speedruns are broken!

Started 3 Jul 2019
by Bloodyface
in PvE
Right now there is a Bug that make mobs in DS disappear randomly. I belive its because when other groups run the instance too,its not divided from each other.
The problem on this is ,we are seeing new low times which are not really fair earnt by this bug. Please get over this asap. Its not fair for the Speedrunners who hard earned it,it really kills fun right now.

Greetings, Soulkeeper
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:30 PM by Joc
Who cares about speed run times in DAOC?
Wed 3 Jul 2019 10:05 PM by darbingus
Joc wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:30 PM

Enough people to make a post about it, and enough for people to post vids of them in the Video subforum.

@GMs Any estimate for the fix?
Wed 3 Jul 2019 10:57 PM by Pops999
You do realize your speedruns for feathers are what they want to nerf, right?
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:00 PM by darbingus
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 10:57 PM
You do realize your speedruns for feathers are what they want to nerf, right?

The speedruns are to set a time/learn more ways to save time for some, and the speedruns are also a main source of feathers for some. They can nerf feathers, and there will still be people that run DS.

Main issue is that mob spawning is broken, and I don't think that is intended.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 12:21 PM by Dominus
i always have graves turned off. Just watched a hib speed run and noticed gravestones from all realms in their video. I thought that was odd, but apparently there is not a separate dungeon for each realm... it's shared... so, I can see how this bug might occur.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 1:47 PM by gruenesschaf
The spawn or rather random despawn issue should have been fixed with the update yesterday
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:25 AM by Bloodyface
The despawn seem to be fixed now yes.But we discovered a new bug which is Adds not spawning anymore from bosses and trash mobs. Its very rare they spawn ,mostly they disappear instantly again too.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:45 PM by gruenesschaf
The issue is kind of known and the root cause for the random despawning of bosses / fixed instance mobs too, the fix for the latter was changing the spawn method entirely as well as moving the normal world mob to their own thing too leaving only add spawning and some specific other mechanics to use that apparently broken spawn mechanic which apparently exacerbated the problem (which points to one of the remaining users of that mechanic doing something wrong / breaking it).

Can't reproduce locally yet and the update today added some more logging for it, the hope is to catch and fix it sometime this week.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:05 PM by Gorgoroth
Joc wrote:

Such an ignorant post. "i dont care, so i apply my ignorance of a bug to all players and display this ignorance in the forum".

Quality post, really.

But on Topic:
I hope this will be fixed soon. I cant say that i participated in many runs to be honest, but since DS is a liked activity for ppl here in our community, i think its a priority to get it right
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:07 PM by gruenesschaf
This issue should already have been fixed on wednesday or thursday.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:46 PM by Joc
Gorgoroth wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:05 PM
Joc wrote:

Such an ignorant post. "i dont care, so i apply my ignorance of a bug to all players and display this ignorance in the forum".

Quality post, really.

But on Topic:
I hope this will be fixed soon. I cant say that i participated in many runs to be honest, but since DS is a liked activity for ppl here in our community, i think its a priority to get it right

Again... Who cares
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:18 PM by florin
Joc wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:46 PM
Gorgoroth wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:05 PM
Joc wrote:

Quality post, really.

But on Topic:

Again... Who cares

I care and I’m not even a fan
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics