Re: Changes to leveling

I have leveled 10 pre and 4 post change.

IMHO its just different. You used to have a very static track. Kill these get 10 items turn them in. Kill these 10 items turn them in.... etc etc. I knew if I had 24 hours played I would be 50. No question.

Now this static leveling no longer exist. That being said leveling can be much faster or much slower. Depends on groups ability to farm XP items ETC.

Since the change some toons level way under 24 hours played (good group toons.) Some take a lot longer then 24 hours played.

I sat on my 40 Sorc solo farming last night for 4 hours without getting a group and only made 2 levels during that time :-(
Meloveyou 50 R7L1 Infiltrator
50 Zerker, Skald, Shaman, SM, Hunter, SB | Animist, Ranger, NS, Ment, Eldrich, BM | Inf, Cleric, Sorc, Wizard, Necro
Meluv 50 R6L9 NOIGHTSHAYDE
Ello 50 R6L0 Ranger
WTB 50 R5L6 SM

Final words, I got people to PL me since it was unimaginable for me to spend 24 hours of my life soloing a skald to 50. (we are in 2020, wake up!)

If you are not hooked up, or lucky, or not a wanted class in pve groups, you will struggle way more with the changes.

You nerfed the xp on the xp items. ( fine )
You took away the limit turn-in. ( fine )
You nerfed the xp of kill task ( Uhmm why )
You nerfed the rvr xp ( uhmm well ok )

You nerfed the rate the xp items drops ( Horrendous ). Hard capped on 1 xp-item drop per 2 min? If you group thats maybe 1 xp item per 10 min. If you are lucky.
Can you just please un-nerf the drop of xp items? The lvling has become a real drag. The xp items made it bareable.

And groups are hard to find. And solo a bard or druid/healing class is not that fun to solo with in PvE. No wonder there is a big shortage of them in the rvr.
Most solo because of the phoenix eggs. And dont want to group anymore it seems. ( Unless bomber groups ofc )

Zouz wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 am
Final words, I got people to PL me since it was unimaginable for me to spend 24 hours of my life soloing a skald to 50. (we are in 2020, wake up!)

If you are not hooked up, or lucky, or not a wanted class in pve groups, you will struggle way more with the changes.
I find this attitude ("we are in 2020") slightly dazzling, because DAoC is clearly not a "2020" game. Levelling is a fundamental part of the game, even if some people don't think so. Why not get rid of the PvE grind and start everyone at 50 ("we are in 2020", after all)? Because this wouldn't be DAoC anymore (see Live, where the PvE part is basically one huge tutorial). PvE is still sooo much easier than in 2003 and yesterday I levelled from 49 to 50 in one afternoon (using only xp items). It can't be that bad...

I have been soloing up 4 different chars. 3 that I enjoy playing then a damn cleric that I have not realy played but gets the extra exp items that's at 49.5.
about 4 days played combined for 4 50s. I have no issues with the rates in game.

Gwig wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:20 am
I have been soloing up 4 different chars. 3 that I enjoy playing then a damn cleric that I have not realy played but gets the extra exp items that's at 49.5.
about 4 days played combined for 4 50s. I have no issues with the rates in game.
The rates aren't really all that bad, people just complain that it is no where near ass efficient as when the server launched. Depending on the class I do enjoy leveling most things solo. I actually leveled y cleric solo until the 40s.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Well I saw this thread and CANNOT pass by without leaving my two cents, I have played this server on and off since its inception, I had an account full of 50's which vanished before I returned (no idea? all that hard work..), I made new characters on all three realms recently but have chose to play Midgard for now, I'm basically a stealth whore Nightshade/Infiltrator/Shadowblade I love them I cannot get enough of the play style of DAoC stealthers no game has this style.

Onto the point, we all know the leveling process in DAoC has always been bad and very brutal however there was one time where I personally thought THIS IS IT, this is the leveling model DAoC needs.. and guess what LIVE servers currently work this way, Battleground EXP quests, SIMPLE.

All of this extra nonsense that's been added here, like eggs/tasks and the like.. its really just extra work that didn't need to happen, who really likes grinding thousands and thousands of mobs anyway? haven't we all done that before? Actually if I add up all the mob kills I've had compared to the PVP kills... it doesn't even come close NOT CLOSE and i bet its the same for most people... just think about it this game is 3 way RvR(pvp) so why are we wasting literally hundreds of hours on killing mobs when really all we want is to kill each others characters? I just don't get it?

PS; They say it takes 48hrs in-game playtime for the 'casual' player to reach 50, its simply not true anymore.

x