Re: Time to nerf aoe farming

Feathers can be collected from any purple con mob at 50 (example purple essence shredders). In Alb you can run the Lyn Barfog loop with a single 8 man and farm several thousand feathers per circuit. Am i to believe Hib and Mid dont have equivalent mini boss mobs that can be farmed this way? Assuming they do the collection of feathers isnt a huge problem it just takes some time. Perhaps a little more than a TG or Galla raid, but not obscene.

So is it feather gathering or credit? Again, Sidi Raids run two to three times or more per week, but its always the same leader doing it. If Mid and Hib lack leadership in this department sounds like something the base should correct. There were 114 Mids on Glen today and 126 Hibs in NF a couple nights ago. The numbers are there folks.

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:40 am
Makrist wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 am
There were 114 Mids on Glen today and 126 Hibs in NF a couple nights ago. The numbers are there folks.

Not everyone plays at 1:00 PM eastern.

During east coast prime time the Hibernia population usually hovers around 150.
I wasn't implying those numbers are available at all hours of the work week. More simply put there are active characters available to conduct these raids in each realm. Even one raid on a weekend for feather gathering and credit can be a huge benefit to people. Again...there are quite a few options as far as i know for 8man feather farming across each realm, and there are clearly the numbers of active players to conduct a raid even if you consider half those numbers on a weekend. It sounds to me like the biggest issue is simply leadership in running raids.

As far as "entry level" feather collecting i suggested a very simple method to give beginning characters a leg up in this regard earlier in the thread. It's simple, can be done with a duo in all cases if not solo, and is not complicated at all.

Sepplord wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 am
as mentioned before, most classes only use TG vest, and a crafted armor with a 150heal procc VS the 180TG healprocc will NOT make a difference in 99% of the fights, especially on easy-to-temp classes like casters. Anything but assassins and hybrids are easy to template, even in a way that allows slotting in TG-Vest later without having to re-temp.

i am not against catchups or easier templating for newcomers to the game (or switching to a new realm) but these items are mostly nice to have not mandatory for succesful gameplay.
in case of epic vests that might be true, but there are some weapons that really give you an edge (debuff procs)

Sepplord wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pm
iamsaitam wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 pm
Give a feather drop bonus to groups doing DS/HoH with someone whose account never done that beforehand. At the moment, there are no incentives for knowledge transfer between experienced players to newcomers regarding these dungeons, which keeps a rich source of feathers tied to the same players.
a system like that is already in place
Doesn't seem to be worth the effort though

guys, ive had it with this damn aoe farming, we really need to nerf it soon!!
also gimme free feathers plz.

...might as well, since this thread has gone overboard many pages ago.
swingin the hammer again!
Revolte - Skald
Revoltes Return - Shaman
Revoltez Triage - AugHealer
Revoltec WillItBlend - Savage
Bermal BerIst - DarkRM

shelved Hibbos:
Revoltye Triage - Drood with lvl12 pet.
Revoltix - untemped Menta of Garbageness