Everyone in this server

Started 20 Jun 2019
by kciztranzlucent
in RvR
I have had a hard time staying happy on this server. Why the reason is because we all came back to this server to play Dark Age Again. And now it has become a zerg Fest will you play This Server because we enjoy the combat style of the game but why not have the respect for the other people that are trying to enjoy their game the stealth game the small man game and eight Man game there's no enjoyment and getting killed a 8v1 all the time 8 vs 3 also you can just get a few rp. Idk. The community has really let me down on this server. I guess I just expected to much.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 5:41 PM by phixion
I don't think some people have a second thought that their style of play might negatively affect the person they are fighting--As long as they are having fun, it's fine.

They really should reconsider because people get tired of playing vs that cancerous play style and sooner or later just stop playing all together.

The server suffers at the end of it all, how many threads have we seen complaining about dropping population etc, random nerfs and general play style are all at fault.

But, it will never change. This server was a zergfest from day 1, the mentality of the players was so "new" they couldn't grasp why anyone would run by a soloer and not storm in for a measly amount of realm points.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:41 PM by gotwqqd
It’s open game
Don’t expect some nonsense respect my fight thing
Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:59 PM by Freedomcall
8mans crying they were overrun by zergs.
smallmen crying they were overrun by 8man.
solos crying they were overrun by smallmen.
And if you had strength in numbers but lost, you blame 'broken balance' and say your enemies are op.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:54 PM by Miiro
Red is dead.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:13 PM by broalition
games ded.

maybe it is the playerbase after all and not ywain/phoenix devs.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:50 PM by Muschen
I only play solo as an RM and get run down alot by 8man or smallman. Sure i get mad but whats the difference between that or a stealther one shotting me just as i leave mpk or run through a milegate, is that a combat style to enjoy? Hes just after rps not an enjoyable fight. Atleast i can avoid 8 man or smallman by hiding in a tree or something.

Personally i try not to add 1v1, but there is also a chance that i get an angry message why i didnt help, there really is no way to tell. If its really that important, maybe set up fights in discord or something? My style of play is to fight in keeps, but there really is no way to force people to play the way i like. I try to make the best of what we got while i get run down by an amnesia bard and his champion for the 167th time or a minstrel with a pet that can solo me, while trying to reach a keepfight.

/Husmor
Thu 20 Jun 2019 11:51 PM by MacPrior
kciztranzlucent wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 4:20 PM
I have had a hard time staying happy on this server. Why the reason is because we all came back to this server to play Dark Age Again. And now it has become a zerg Fest will you play This Server because we enjoy the combat style of the game but why not have the respect for the other people that are trying to enjoy their game the stealth game the small man game and eight Man game there's no enjoyment and getting killed a 8v1 all the time 8 vs 3 also you can just get a few rp. Idk. The community has really let me down on this server. I guess I just expected to much.

You have returned to play DAoC? So, play and enjoy it, DAoC was from the very beginning and always zerg-oriented. The main concept of DAoC always was RvR, it means Red is Dead and big eipc fights. All they adverts focused exactly on these things.

Yes, it is possible to run and fight solo, in 8 men or small men but it was never a majority of DAoC. Just play what you want and dont cry about huge Zerg or over powered stealther or what ever - these are all legitim faces of this game. Just learn to accept it, like a rainy weather in autumn and all will be fine for you too.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 7:52 AM by Anelyn77
Just play to have fun, stop trying to appeal to other players who might not even be reading the forums or care, to let you have fun. Nothing lasts forever, especially in gaming industry, better stay in the moment and make the best out of it if you can, if not just move on.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha = LOVE
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:47 PM by Arcfault
Morning.

New to this server as of yesterday. Friend pointed me to a YouTube video. Figured I check it out. Played Daoc for a long time and finally quit somewhere around the Minotaur stuff I think. Pellinor Hib was where I played. Almost didn’t log in after reading many fourm post on many issues. Out of all the issues and balance on everything. I think the Zerg issue hit me the most. I’m solo to small man groups. Used to run a small group of rangers and NS. Especially at the battlegrounds or whatever they were called back then level 24 one mainly. We would spend hours to all day trying to get that keep or defend it. Crazy fun. Think when trials of Atlantis came out it kinda of ended all that, it was all about those artifacts and raids to get them. DF was always fun when it opened for your realm. Good PvP not out in the frontiers. But I remember being in DF solo and getting ganked by level 50 or 8 man group that wasn’t killed yet. Ganking greys. You only frustrate them into logging out or quitting. My friends would do it also. Sure I guess it’s fun killing someone that has no chance but you also kill the population. No it’s not a care bear thing. It’s like where is the competition at ?? Wish there was a way to limit groups or instance to a certain number of people in a group. If your a Zerg running over people, how many times do you think they want to continue to have it happen. Zerg vs Zerg = fun. Test your might. Small man vs small man = fun. Zerg vs small man / solo/ duo will eventually = server death. Cause most will stop showing up. And after running around searching and finding nothing to kill = the Zerg to log off until another time.

I played for a bit yesterday. Made level 9 solo. Spent a lot of time just remembering basic commands and what the hell I was trying to do or find mobs that wasn’t red or grey to me. As I’ve gotten older and my time to play is shorter each time I log in. I can see why the population starts to die if you can’t find things to do or if your busy being ganked.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:50 PM by Boric
To the OP; the good news for you is there are many many arena based games.

I would suggest you go and play them if you want to be able to 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ect.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:09 AM by Milksteak
kciztranzlucent wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 4:20 PM
I have had a hard time staying happy on this server. Why the reason is because we all came back to this server to play Dark Age in Again. And now it has become a zerg Fest will you play This Server because we enjoy the combat style of the game but why not have the respect for the other people that are trying to enjoy their game the stealth game the small man game and eight Man game there's no enjoyment and getting killed a 8v1 all the time 8 vs 3 also you can just get a few rp. Idk. The community has really let me down on this server. I guess I just expected to much.

You picked the wrong server uthgard is hardcore elite 8m circlejerk been that way for years. Phoenix went more casual pretty obvious if you looked at the custom changes and qol before downloading.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:39 AM by Morghazul
Realm vs. Realm...RvR...that´s the concept of DAoC...no matter for me if someone is grey oder not...smallman...8vs8...Solo...no matter...Albion against Hibernia and Midgard and the other way around...it´s always my decision how i want to play...the only thing which is important...FUN...only two posibility´s...accept and enjoy...or /quit...
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:16 AM by Frug
Milksteak wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 9:09 AM
You picked the wrong server uthgard is hardcore elite 8m circlejerk been that way for years.

When you can find 8 people online at the same time, anyway.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:52 AM by falcon
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:59 PM
8mans crying they were overrun by zergs.
smallmen crying they were overrun by 8man.
solos crying they were overrun by smallmen.
And if you had strength in numbers but lost, you blame 'broken balance' and say your enemies are op.

And now zerg crying they are killed by 1 TWF (no need immunity just to be at the good place at the good moment ^^)

This game was created for big battle zerg vs zerg, its more and more true with NF, solo (me !) can have a lot of fun (but not stealth and not in open field)
So many games with 3vs3 arena (guild wars !) are much better for u, so dont blame people playing game for what it was done...

Only solo stealth have a good reason to cry with TP (even if docks is a good source of RP just avoid beno / DC / bled...) -> group or reroll

F.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:20 AM by Hapache
How do feel about the clown lvl 50 groups at the entrance of DF killing every grey that walks in the door for hours on end.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:38 AM by LedriTheThane
phixion wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 5:41 PM
I don't think some people have a second thought that their style of play might negatively affect the person they are fighting--As long as they are having fun, it's fine.

They really should reconsider because people get tired of playing vs that cancerous play style and sooner or later just stop playing all together.

The server suffers at the end of it all, how many threads have we seen complaining about dropping population etc, random nerfs and general play style are all at fault.

But, it will never change. This server was a zergfest from day 1, the mentality of the players was so "new" they couldn't grasp why anyone would run by a soloer and not storm in for a measly amount of realm points.

Unfortunately, people view this as an "RVR" game, and that everything is fair game. I've also concluded that these people are actually brain dead and are terrible at this game too.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 7:09 PM by stewbeedoo
The zerg is necessary in that it creates the major keep battles so as a solo I can camp a route to that fight and kill some folks. Otherwise, bridge and dock humping gets old fast.

Anyway, when a zerg kills me that is fine. They are just doing what they do - kill everything. Nothing wrong with it.

That said occasionally they surprise you - letting you finish a 1v1 before killing you.

If you are patient you can also solo in lower traffic areas.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics