@PK

Started 19 Jun 2019
by Rhox
in RvR
I know you guys got to RR11+ by farming RP's but when your engaged in a good fight and a soloer goes out of his way not to get near the fight or look like he might try to engage tell your boys not to CC and then kill him when they are trying to respect your fight. I exepect this from RR3s but not from you.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:19 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I know PK isn't Super PUG, but I'm watching Jubi's stream as the group of RR10s and 11s chase down solo players or go out of their way to jam small man fights while "respecting" 8-man fights; it's confusing, honestly.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:39 AM by Turano
8 man is the only accepted elite playstyle here, anything else is just rp donators
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:09 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:19 AM
I know PK isn't Super PUG, but I'm watching Jubi's stream as the group of RR10s and 11s chase down solo players or go out of their way to jam small man fights while "respecting" 8-man fights; it's confusing, honestly.

It's not really confusing...they "respect" other 8mans for their own benefit, not because it is the moral high ground.
I guess some might even believe they are doing us a favor, by incentivizing us to group and join their playstyle too
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:15 AM by Ceen
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:09 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:19 AM

It's not really confusing...they "respect" other 8mans for their own benefit, not because it is the moral high ground.
I guess some might even believe they are doing us a favor, by incentivizing us to group and join their playstyle too
10 h / day is not a playstyle it's work
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:39 AM by Gorgoroth
As a visible solo, it's probably frustrating, I understand that.

I remember that I once stumbled upon their stream on twitch, which either was labelled with the following sentence or had a comment from them in there saying this (i don't remember exactly anymore): I am paraphrasing, but it said, that "Solo play is for Noobs"

Maybe they still think that or they changed their mind, but I would not expect this courtesy from them, as almost no group respects a 1vs1 or a solo minding his/her own business.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:30 AM by Dominus
Ceen wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:15 AM
10 h / day is not a playstyle it's work

Sadly there seems to be a lot employed in this game
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:43 AM by lurker
Unfortunately most 8v8s will do this. Although it’s less of an issue with mid (no insta amenesia to run you down super easily)... devs... please.

My duo gets run down by doki doki & PK all the time.

We never add fights ourselves unless we are in emain where we figure adding/serving is fair fame. But we are hardly ever there.

We will circle and avoid the fight but nowadays it’s due to respect for the other groups in our realm rather than those 8v8s roaming beefing that literally chase a duo half way+ across a map.

This the way of things unfortunately. Just release and move on.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:27 AM by Loki
Pointless to talk to PK , think they're Koreans or something which falls in line with their schedule. They only value kills and on stream they pretend they respect certain soloers if they earn their respect (which I guess is by kissing their asses every time). They're another reason why we need NF , without choke points they're irrelevant .
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:59 AM by keen
Just adjust amnesia and let small men blossom. But we have this talk since server release.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:07 AM by Runental
Logged in 6 hours ago, saw PK killspam in emain,- logged out immediately. Logged in right now, saw PK killspam farm solos in Uppland,- logged out immediately.
Atleast last week i had a choice to avoid this no life guys...
They farm RR12 so hard, just to realize run as Ard Tiarna/Ard Bantiarna on an almost empty server,- congratz^^
There were only 2 peeps where RR12 was worth something back in the days,- Agron from live and Holsten from Uthgard,- played over years and not over a few months.
anyway, sun is shining out there,- OF is sooo great!!! xD
Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:17 PM by cuuchulain79
Turano wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:39 AM
8 man is the only accepted elite playstyle here, anything else is just rp donators

This happened on Uth2 as well. It's really noticeable when the population starts to fade away...the concentration level of jobless 8 mans running over everything starts to become very apparent for casuals who run PUGs, smallman, duo, solo etc...

As the population goes down even more, it really starts to feel like the server is just a 8v8 arena, and nothing else is worth playing.

It's a bummer it's happening here just like Uth2...but it has little to do with server settings, and mainly has to do with where the steaming-unemployed-l337boiz are playing. Although, I will say Phoenix's task system has basically turned casuals into plankton, happily floating around soaking up free task RP, not caring about the RP whales they're feeding.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:24 PM by Stoertebecker
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:17 PM
Turano wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:39 AM

This happened on Uth2 as well. It's really noticeable when the population starts to fade away...the concentration level of jobless 8 mans running over everything starts to become very apparent for casuals who run PUGs, smallman, duo, solo etc...

As the population goes down even more, it really starts to feel like the server is just a 8v8 arena, and nothing else is worth playing.

It's a bummer it's happening here just like Uth2...but it has little to do with server settings, and mainly has to do with where the steaming-unemployed-l337boiz are playing. Although, I will say Phoenix's task system has basically turned casuals into plankton, happily floating around soaking up free task RP, not caring about the RP whales they're feeding.

Where even other good 8man will struggle, what can casuals/pugs do against ppl that have a high rr and are playing together for months/years? Not much, maybe come back with 16, 24 ...whatever.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:41 PM by lurker
There’s nothing wrong with the fact that organised groups roll over other groups or even larger zergs that are not on voice comms. That’s to be expected in any game and is how it should be. The only way to avoid it would be completely dumb down daoc to the point that organisation/skill made no difference and then it wouldn’t be a good game anymore.

It would be nice if the 8v8s would allow small mans to live but for every 10 small mans they allow to go free 9 of them would circle back and add on their next 8v8 so that’s *why* they don’t do it.

It’s just a bit sad to see sometimes, especially as a small man grp that wouldn’t add.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 5:28 PM by Bumbles
reason #4,382 to go out of your way to add on any 8man you see in a "fair" fight. Your style of play will not be respected, so adapt and don't be the dead nice guy without putting up a fight.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 6:36 PM by Kaseylol
Made this strawpoll for celleny but it could apply to pk too pls vote

https://www.strawpoll.me/18194217
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:33 PM by dbeattie71
Runental wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:07 AM
Logged in 6 hours ago, saw PK killspam in emain,- logged out immediately. Logged in right now, saw PK killspam farm solos in Uppland,- logged out immediately.
They farm RR12 so hard, just to realize run as Ard Tiarna/Ard Bantiarna on an almost empty server,- congratz^^
There were only 2 peeps where RR12 was worth something back in the days,- Agron from live and Holsten from Uthgard,- played over years and not over a few months.

Yikes, what do you do on Halloween? 😂
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:49 PM by Mavella
dbeattie71 wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:33 PM
Runental wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:07 AM

Yikes, what do you do on Halloween? 😂

Probably gives out carrot sticks, spearmint gum, or pennies. Truly a monster.
Fri 21 Jun 2019 8:54 AM by Anelyn77
So you are putting it as if PK is the only 8m that does this, or other 8m doing it is fine, but PK shouldn't? Sorry not really getting it.

Point is, all strong 8m can do it, and most are doing it anyway. Be it hibs, albs or mids. 8m will do it to soloers and small men, small men and duos will do it to soloers (cause RPs no?).

Every single freaking time I went out solo on my paci healer Bnotashamed, any FG or 2m-3m-4m that saw me, went all ham to take me down despite me running in opposite direction. At least I got my fun by forcing them to blow some RA's or drag them into FG / Zergs / stealths. But that's what it is, I don't complain about it, I know it will happen, I don't come here to call names or point fingers, it's RvR.

Running solo with my mentalist Aicha to get places or find 1v1, getting rolled by 3m / duos / FGs, same thing all cool, at least can drop ST and force something out. When I'm with my small men or FG and find the offenders, we return the favor. Should they come here and point fingers that I got killed 1vs3 then I came with 3 peeps or FG and killed them? Why? What for?

Just to clear my PoV, I don't know PK (only 1 player, but never grouped or played with them or anything), and I have no idea what rules of conduct - if any, they use for RvR, as long as they have fun doing stuff together, ain't that what we all try to achieve be it solo, duo, small men, FG or zerg?

/Bnotashamed + Aicha = LOVE
Fri 21 Jun 2019 8:11 PM by dstrmberg
I'm surprised these guys didn't log out forever.

It is just a matter of time before they do.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics