Molvik event

Started 22 May 2019
by Luluko
in RvR
So what did people think about it the 2-3 hours it was active?

I think the zone was quite laggy with prolly 400-600 people in there, the catapults do 500 damage and have 0 visible effect at all or sound when they hit you. Despite that I think the people which love to zerg and especially alb with all their casters/range prolly have a really good time in there. But I dont really see me playing in there when the event goes up mostly because of the lag and just too much zerg. Would be cool if we had like 3-4 differents instances of molvik we could port to so that the zerg is spread out more.
Wed 22 May 2019 9:46 PM by Aph
How did we go from a cool and creative event into this ??? I dont understand.. This is just putting everyone in a small zone?

I was hoping the event would follow up on the last one and perhaps introduce a solo instance of the event (was really needed last time).
Wed 22 May 2019 10:41 PM by NoExit
I hope for some small man/solo Event or Zone simultaneously.
If not it will end up in an zerg/siege butchery which is already happening every evening in EU TZ.
Wed 22 May 2019 11:06 PM by vxr
Was Molvik open to all levels?
And yes please Solo event. Tell me who I have to pay.
Thu 23 May 2019 3:56 AM by Zzang
I guess the event is an attempt at making siege warfare more fun and inclusive but from my experience it will probably be more of a RP-farming party. Hib caster groups with animists trying to tangler-kite, alb caster groups trying to AE dot and mids getting bored because they don't have enough tools to win big standoffs without chokepoints.

My main concern is that people tend to play in a boring way after some time where noone is willing to die, they just want to stay behind and get some more chances of leeching RPs. Hopefully some day my wish of people getting rewarded for damage taken when enemies die will come true, then we might see a bit more dynamic fights where tank groups can play a role and still get some RPs.
Thu 23 May 2019 4:56 AM by Runental
Molvik was and is great as a BG with level restrictions. Not for a 50 Zerg fest.. Ill guess (and hope) its just a test for upcoming Keep/Siege/NF changes/plans.
+1 for a solo Event in the near future. The Tournament NPC in Beta was fun as hell.
Thu 23 May 2019 5:06 AM by dbeattie71
Zzang wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:56 AM
I guess the event is an attempt at making siege warfare more fun and inclusive but from my experience it will probably be more of a RP-farming party. Hib caster groups with animists trying to tangler-kite, alb caster groups trying to AE dot and mids getting bored because they don't have enough tools to win big standoffs without chokepoints.

My main concern is that people tend to play in a boring way after some time where noone is willing to die, they just want to stay behind and get some more chances of leeching RPs. Hopefully some day my wish of people getting rewarded for damage taken when enemies die will come true, then we might see a bit more dynamic fights where tank groups can play a role and still get some RPs.

Yeah, mid really needs TWF on a popular class.
Thu 23 May 2019 6:46 AM by LordK
Runental wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 4:56 AM
Molvik was and is great as a BG with level restrictions. Not for a 50 Zerg fest.. Ill guess (and hope) its just a test for upcoming Keep/Siege/NF changes/plans.
+1 for a solo Event in the near future. The Tournament NPC in Beta was fun as hell.

This.

To me Molvik was nice yesterday but only intended to be a test for upcoming Keep/Siege/NF changes/plans. I really like and lookin for NF features
Thu 23 May 2019 7:52 AM by Disco
The first test of the Molvik event yesterday was very funny. certainly the siege weapons still need a little finely cut.
That always in Daoc an event with large groups of players goes along is completely normal. I do not understand why people complain and cry for any 1vs1 zones. daoc is a community game and not an ego shooter.
especially during the events the situation relaxes in the traditional zones like emain, hw, og where you can find excellent 1vs1 or small man etc.
Thu 23 May 2019 7:56 AM by Sepplord
Aph wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 9:46 PM
How did we go from a cool and creative event into this ??? I dont understand.. This is just putting everyone in a small zone?

I was hoping the event would follow up on the last one and perhaps introduce a solo instance of the event (was really needed last time).
Since they have stated multiple times how much work it is to redo pathing etc. for NF keeps/towers...you can put 2and2 together and conclude they wanted to test things. They also wanted to stresstest sieging and all other new stuff.

That said, i could only visit molvik very briefly, as i barely went in before i got ported out. The invisible sieging though was a bit ridiculous to me in that short timeframe. If i see an open field between two forces with no visible or audible effects, i don't assume that the middle is constantly barraged by catapults/trebuchets/etc...
If people are randomly spraying areas with siegeweaponry, that is fine, it's a strategic option. But enemies need to see it happening so they don't run into deathzones blind
Thu 23 May 2019 8:39 AM by BorealManager5
Cool event. Had some fun thx to this.

In emain.
Thu 23 May 2019 11:32 AM by Luluko
BorealManager5 wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 8:39 AM
Cool event. Had some fun thx to this.

In emain.

yeah same ran a little duo there after trying molvik for 40mins but it seemed mids were dominating in emain again and barely any albs guess they did too good in molvik with bolt range mezz and those numbers
Thu 23 May 2019 2:33 PM by PingGuy
vxr wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 11:06 PM

Yes, it was during the testing period. No idea how it will be setup for the actual event.
Thu 23 May 2019 2:46 PM by vxr
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 2:33 PM
vxr wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 11:06 PM

Yes, it was during the testing period. No idea how it will be setup for the actual event.

Thank you for the info. I thought it was a BG event.
Thu 23 May 2019 2:47 PM by Ceen
Open 2-4 instances of Molvik, depending on the people already inside. I don't think it makes any sense to squeeze like 200++ people in this tiny bg.
Thu 23 May 2019 5:59 PM by Zzang
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 5:06 AM
Zzang wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 3:56 AM

Yeah, mid really needs TWF on a popular class.

TWF is not very strong in open field combat compared to other things.
Fri 24 May 2019 8:54 AM by Sepplord
Ceen wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 2:47 PM
Open 2-4 instances of Molvik, depending on the people already inside. I don't think it makes any sense to squeeze like 200++ people in this tiny bg.

that depends on the goal they are going for

If it is purely a fun event without any testing, i agree that your proposal would be good
Sat 25 May 2019 2:48 AM by t4coops
had some fun today, bombs away !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WFEofcfvVE&feature=youtu.be
Sat 25 May 2019 8:49 AM by pegasus30
Insanely Fun ...steamrolling enemies and got steamrolled by zerg like that was addicting. Id give it 10/10
Sat 25 May 2019 9:03 AM by cage
think we need capture the flag and deathmatch random spawns. but the rest feels like battlefield, but with less skill needed.
Tue 28 May 2019 4:45 PM by falcon
Fantastic weekend thx to DEV ! <3

My only regret is we can't have the same fun in keep after event, catapult is now totally gimp (where do you want we put them if not in keep defense, middle of the battlefield ? ) agree to limit distance between 2 catapult (the fire power was incredible with 10 near + groundassist) but now we know tanks are usefull defending keep let them place 1 or 2 on walls thx...
Tue 28 May 2019 4:53 PM by Luluko
falcon wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 4:45 PM

My only regret is we can't have the same fun in keep after event, catapult is now totally gimp (where do you want we put them if not in keep defense, middle of the battlefield ? ) agree to limit distance between 2 catapult (the fire power was incredible with 10 near + groundassist) but now we know tanks are usefull defending keep let them place 1 or 2 on walls thx...

defenders/campers dont really need more incentive to not move arround. At least in real warfare we would have the option to use the terrain to counter such catapults like tunnels or landslides. Here you can only throw people at it see the defenders move behind the keepgates if it gets too dangerous for them, but we also dont have siege ladders or cant cut supplys that the people there starve.... so any siege weapony we have now should be tuned down a lot.
Tue 28 May 2019 5:30 PM by falcon
Luluko wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 4:53 PM
falcon wrote:
Tue 28 May 2019 4:45 PM

defenders/campers dont really need more incentive to not move arround. At least in real warfare we would have the option to use the terrain to counter such catapults like tunnels or landslides. Here you can only throw people at it see the defenders move behind the keepgates if it gets too dangerous for them, but we also dont have siege ladders or cant cut supplys that the people there starve.... so any siege weapony we have now should be tuned down a lot.

You really think wall of keep safe and catapult cant be easelly neutralised ? the fun (and abuse !) in molvik especially 1st day is nobody can climb wall ^^ but 2nd day life of catapult & user was very short (volley, shrooms, climbers...) maybe we should forbid it at lord but not on wall before door 2... hope we can use it at relic keep (not try) else its only stupid and against game spirit ^^
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics