(Solo) NS and Ranger — Pierce vs Blades after charge/potion change

Started 21 May 2019
by Inkwell84
in RvR
Has anyone considered whether pierce is a better option now with the lower available strength buffs? Pierce offering theorhetialy higher WS and possible evade stun. Just a thought! Curious what the more hardcore folks think.
Tue 21 May 2019 12:23 PM by Sepplord
Pierce is the best, by far

-SB player-
Tue 21 May 2019 12:24 PM by jelzinga_EU
Pierce will always have the highest WS (and thus damage; if you use CS styles). However, that is before resists. If you fight more SB/Hunter/Infils than anything else, I would just go Blades. If you feel you're fighting more minstrel, scout, thane, skalds - then go Pierce.

Since Blades also has off-evade stun that is not really an argument.
Tue 21 May 2019 12:34 PM by Turano
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 21 May 2019 12:23 PM
Pierce is the best, by far

-SB player-

nice try
Wed 22 May 2019 12:27 AM by Sindralor
SB player here aswell - Pierce is the strongest, can confirm! Absolutely!
Wed 22 May 2019 12:31 AM by Sektor
Sindralor wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 12:27 AM
SB player here aswell - Pierce is the strongest, can confirm! Absolutely!

I can tell you certainly that vs other stealth you want to be slash. My luri ns was a boss vs chain and got eaten by sb and slash infil.
Thu 23 May 2019 7:26 PM by Pirhana7
Like other have said it depends on if you plan on mainly fighting SBs and Infs. or everyone else. Another thing to think about is that this is OF... meaning your not forced to sit at port bridges and fight enemy stealth every time you go out like NF forced you to do. IN OF you have more options of waiting along travel routes for classes and much less chance of running into enemy stealth. Unless of coarse you only camp milegates I would consider going Pierce.
Thu 23 May 2019 8:21 PM by gotwqqd
Pirhana7 wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 7:26 PM
Like other have said it depends on if you plan on mainly fighting SBs and Infs. or everyone else. Another thing to think about is that this is OF... meaning your not forced to sit at port bridges and fight enemy stealth every time you go out like NF forced you to do. IN OF you have more options of waiting along travel routes for classes and much less chance of running into enemy stealth. Unless of coarse you only camp milegates I would consider going Pierce.
The prowling travel routes is the best
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics