friar vs 4 sb

Started 24 Apr 2019
by Sayuri
in RvR
friar vs 4 sb in df : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeaZn3gTMjE&feature=youtu.be
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:54 PM by phixion
Thanks for proving how overpowered reflex attack is.

By the time you'd switched from the 1st SB the others were at ~40% without you actually hitting them... lol

A clear case of something that needs to be nerfed.

Last I checked, it also seems to proc when the Friar is stunned.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:57 PM by Saroi
Reflex attack working as intended.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:58 PM by Saroi
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:54 PM

By the time you'd switched from the 1st SB the others were at ~40% without you actually hitting them... lol

Reflex attack works everytime. Out of stealth, if you are stunned and 360 angle.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:02 PM by phixion
Saroi wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:58 PM
Reflex attack works everytime. Out of stealth, if you are stunned and 360 angle.

Yeah, it's broken and needs to be nerfed.

If you stun a target, they should not be able to attack you, it makes no sense. Name any other ability in the game which allows you to do damage whilst stunned (apart from a crappy dps damage shield).

If you stun a target, you should be able to damage them without being destroyed in the process, this is twice as bad for SBs as their LA mechanic means they get hit more often by RA.

Friars are just out of control on this server, most stealthers don't even entertain the idea of jumping them.

Funny how so many Friars take RA though, I spoke to a few and they trash talked it and said how bad it was. Now I don't know a single Friar without it, I literally kill myself hitting them.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:04 PM by Halma
Well, it's a big friggin stick isn't it?

Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:09 PM by Sayuri
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:02 PM
Saroi wrote:

If you stun a target, they should not be able to attack you, it makes no sense. Name any other ability in the game which allows you to do damage whilst stunned (apart from a crappy dps damage shield).

If you stun a target, you should be able to damage them without being destroyed in the process, this is twice as bad for SBs as their LA mechanic means they get hit more often by RA.

Friars are just out of control on this server, most stealthers don't even entertain the idea of jumping them.

Funny how so many Friars take RA though, I spoke to a few and they trash talked it and said how bad it was. Now I don't know a single Friar without it, I literally kill myself hitting them.

reflex attack are awesome but that fight is 100% luck cause i can speak about all other fight with 2 proc vs 11 hit etc on this fight all go in perfectly with proc etc
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:11 PM by SlowMo
Sounds as legit as Vendo for me, there are Even more Videos on this Board showing how overpowered this ability is.
Oh and BTW you dont have to invest 30 Points into it.

Would like to See the Results of this matchup for 10 or 20 fights.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:12 PM by Saroi
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:02 PM
Saroi wrote:

Yeah that is true. Same with Nate and his reflex attack. They can practically all go afk and still win the fights. There needs to be a trigger cd or something like that. But also in this Video Naas was the only high SB. 2 of the SB were either naked or not 50. Got around 400 hits and did 15 Offhand damage. Dunno about the 3rd one.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:15 PM by phixion
Halma wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:04 PM
Well, it's a big friggin stick isn't it?

Can't swing a stick if you're stunned though!
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:15 PM by Blitze
Yep it’s an RA that costs a lot and it is very good in certain situations and useless in many... obviously with it performing best against DWers!

Also, from the looks of it, that friar is specced, templated and RAed for solo play.

And yep it should work while stunned, it’s a reflex.

If you are a stealth, there are multiple classes that hard for u to kill, just like a friar can’t kill so many others and can’t choose any of his fights.
Do stealths pop on necros, reavs, warrs, etc

Saying that a friar is more than killable by a good solo stealth,, get ur PA and CD off and uve got a chance, if ur struggling just vanish.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:24 PM by Saroi
Blitze wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:15 PM
Yep it’s an RA that costs a lot and it is very good in certain situations and useless in many... obviously with it performing best against DWers!

Also, from the looks of it, that friar is specced, templated and RAed for solo play.

If you are a stealth, there are multiple classes that hard for u to kill, just like a friar can’t kill so many others and can’t choose any of his fights.

Saying that a friar is more than killable by a good solo stealth,, get ur PA and CD off and uve got a chance, if ur struggling just vanish.

I pop on everything except Friars. Yes even Necros and Reavers, killed a few rr8, close fights but not chanceless. Can't say that about Friars though. And there is no problem about being strong vs another class. But this isn't just a class thing, it is about the RA. It is the same with Nate and his Reflex attack.

This is clearly an OP RA that is not meant for old daoc, especially with so low defense abilities and low health.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:25 PM by Seal
damn friars

let's be serious, there are way more op class out there
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:26 PM by phixion
Blitze wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:15 PM

Yes I jump every other class knowing I at least stand a chance, Friars are the only class that is proving to be impossible once they get a certain level of RA.

Necros are not as scary as people make out, I jump them all the time--some die easily enough others require DA charge to finish.

Shield tanks are doable, depends on their RR. If they are high RR then I won't bother.

Kaze, hate to break it to ya dude, but there's only 1 reason you can run around Emain so freely without being jumped. I see you all the time, I don't even bother... I know by now at your RR that you have RA maxed and it's completely pointless even attempting it.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:31 PM by gorakthemighty
fake video, all sbs are known to be solo lone enforcers
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:32 PM by phixion
gorakthemighty wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:31 PM
fake video, all sbs are known to be solo lone enforcers

Nice of you to join us, Ashnay.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:41 PM by Ashenspire
In this thread: stealthers crying about people that build their character specifically to beat them beating them. What a tragedy.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:46 PM by Warlay
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:54 PM

yes i stunned a friar and during i died
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:14 PM by Turt
I say go for gold mr friar.. there already aren't many being played in groups on Albion... in-fact most of the top tier groups will straight refuse to run a friar instead of a dps or cleric..
I DO think they would be wonderful for a Tank train as a third healer / support on Albion, but it is rather hard to fit them into a caster setup.

But if this RA helps them feel better about being a Friar, let them have it lol.. They don't get much else.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:36 PM by kiectred
Ashenspire wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:41 PM
In this thread: stealthers crying about people that build their character specifically to beat them beating them. What a tragedy.

Seriously. Sorry the cheesiest solo class in the game can't win every single fight every time. Someone talking about how friar is the only class they can't beat as if that doesn't mean maybe their class needs a nerf... there are tons of other classes a friar won't beat 1v1. Even without RA most friars will beat down an assassin a couple RRs higher; it's just one place the class excels.

Good thing you get to pick basically every single fight you get into and can just vanish if you're unhappy.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:37 PM by Luluko
didnt even use ip3, if thats not broken then I want that on my skald aswell... would be funny vs all those bms andt the haste self buff on friar and vw are already very strong that even friars without RA can easiely kill most melees 1vs1
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:40 PM by Citian
Stealth zerg 0, friar 1, music -1000
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:49 PM by Yokahu
Luluko wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:37 PM
didnt even use ip3, if thats not broken then I want that on my skald aswell... would be funny vs all those bms andt the haste self buff on friar and vw are already very strong that even friars without RA can easiely kill most melees 1vs1

Sure, skalds can have RA, just give friars speed or snare. Not asking for much. Friars can get kitted by most classes to death.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:08 PM by Sindralor
Absolute impressive how you switch from low hp target to the next one while speedbursting their asses with your haste buff.
Where can I subscribe for more reflex attack Friar content ?

I like the song tho I think its from Hayate, don't judge me
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:19 PM by Luluko
Yokahu wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:49 PM
Luluko wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:37 PM

Sure, skalds can have RA, just give friars speed or snare. Not asking for much. Friars can get kitted by most classes to death.

well cant have it all this was just a joke anyway could fuck up snare or mezz if I do an autoattack from RA at the same time
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:21 PM by Turano
I'ld like to be able to skill dodger so I can at least from time to time evade one of the attacks of a stunned enemy.. that sounds wrong somehow
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:46 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 2:36 PM
Seriously. Sorry the cheesiest solo class in the game can't win every single fight every time. Someone talking about how friar is the only class they can't beat as if that doesn't mean maybe their class needs a nerf... there are tons of other classes a friar won't beat 1v1. Even without RA most friars will beat down an assassin a couple RRs higher; it's just one place the class excels.

Good thing you get to pick basically every single fight you get into and can just vanish if you're unhappy.

You don't get it do you? Look at Natebruners videos and tell me it's all fine.

This affects every class, but nice of you to make it purely about stealthers... again.

So much QQ over vanish and SoS but this ability flies under the radar.

At the very least, it should not proc when stunned. I was under the impression this skill was an active skill and had a cooldown, when I found out it was a passive... LOL!
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:49 PM by noobino
And this is why I don't touch Zerkers or Frairs. Reflex attack for a dual wielder is too stronk.

I don't mind the RA, but I agree it shouldn't work while stunned and it should also have a GDC of some kind.

Frairs, with this RA, should be able to 1v1 a sneak un-stunned no problem, that's fair. Hell, even 2v1. But 4? No. This is a bit over the top.

Just my 0.02.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:06 PM by Ashenspire
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:46 PM
kiectred wrote:

This affects every class, but nice of you to make it purely about stealthers... again.

At the very least, it should not proc when stunned. I was under the impression this skill was an active skill and had a cooldown, when I found out it was a passive... LOL!

What you don't see in Natebruners "Reflex Attack vs baddies" videos of all the times he gets stomped, because those won't get put into the video.

There was a ranger that STOPPED SHOOTING him to run in and melee him in one of his videos. Hardly the bar to claim any kind of imbalance.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:08 PM by phixion
Ashenspire wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:06 PM
What you don't see in Natebruners "Reflex Attack vs baddies" videos of all the times he gets stomped, because those won't get put into the video.

There was a ranger that STOPPED SHOOTING him to run in and melee him in one of his videos. Hardly the bar to claim any kind of imbalance.

Of course, people never post their deaths in highlight videos. But it's clear to see that this RA is imabalanced when you see how quickly people die vs it.

If you don't agree, cool. But I think it's a broken ability in classic setting.

The old RA provided a "Short Duration counter all melee attacks". This is a permanent/passive RA here.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:22 PM by Killaloth
It's just a bit sad that they still don't find a spot in 8man groups apparently but it's a class designed to be great in 1vs1 like Thanes and Champs, no surprises.

They don't have speed and you can choose to inc them or not. I slam, snare and run away from any friar above RR2 as it's just not possible to beat them for a dual wielder.

If they are only good for smallman then leave them be as they are, I guess as soloers they don't even get much action since ppl start to avoid them, no need for a nerf really.

Also stop whining about solo apecced zerkers 2/3 shotting people, zerks are terrible solo chars. You don't see the painful 15mins downtime between one inc and another in the videos posted.

Just stop whining about everything and have fun with whatever you're playing guys.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:25 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:46 PM
kiectred wrote:

I've seen his videos. A lot of them are against people who don't know how to play their class (minstrel who doesn't kite someone in vendo, assassins who miss their perf and still try to win, tanks who could use a shield but insist on using DW or CD against a vendo zerker (with RA no less), etc). Some have been a bit ridiculous, but that's RNG on one of the highest sustained melee DPS classes in the game.

I made it purely about stealthers (again? Who the hell are you talking to with that 'again' nonsense?) because it's a video about stealthers in which stealthers are the primary ones complaining and the primary 1v1 encounter for the class being complained about. Do you not see how it's relevant? Should I talk about skalds instead in a video about SBs losing to a friar? It might affect everyone but in the narrow cases where it's super relevant and powerful, it's primarily stealthers. In so many cases, it's a waste of 22 points (I've chosen not to go to 5) and outside 1v1 I bet most don't even notice I have it.

So much QQ about this ability but vanish and SoS flies under the radar... see what I did there? This has been the subject of SEVERAL posts here lately and you're acting like it's under the radar... right. This bias is because it affects your class the most and you know it. How much have I commented on the "Nerf vanish" threads - go look, you won't see my name there. QQing so hard here, vanish more please.

As for not procing while stunned, I could get behind that easily. While I get the argument that it makes sense (a reflex isn't a voluntary movement), I'm fine with having to purge stun just like everyone else.

Finally, nerf it to hell or take it away. I'll just go MoPain 9 and high IP - assassins still won't win and you can QQ more about how you're not both invisible and invincible.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:29 PM by Ashenspire
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:08 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

Of course, people never post their deaths in highlight videos. But it's clear to see that this RA is imabalanced when you see how quickly people die vs it.

The old RA provided a "Short Duration counter all melee attacks". This is a permanent/passive RA here.

Are assassins imbalanced because they can kill a caster before the stun from Creeping Death wears off?

There's nothing overpowered about building your character around doing 1 thing well.

You're complaining about a 34 pt RA when you have one that cost you 5 pts that you can just nope the fuck out of the bad fight you picked.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:31 PM by paul_g
True Story -

AFK rank 5 Friar kicked my ass in Pennine one night..so embarrassing!
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:05 PM by Mavella
IIT: People who think a 150DPS+ damage shield is OK as long as they spend 30 relam points on it.

Also ITT: Confirmed crack smokers.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:25 PM by phixion
I know stealthers wind you guys up, kinda funny how much though. Can't even have a conversation on a Realm Ability without people resorting to what stealthers can and can't do.

Must be something about the class being opportunists and picking off the weak that rubs you the wrong way.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:31 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:25 PM
I know stealthers wind you guys up, kinda funny how much though. Can't even have a conversation on a Realm Ability without people resorting to what stealthers can and can't do.

Must be something about the class being opportunists and picking off the weak that rubs you the wrong way.

Sucks to be you I guess

Address zero points.

Repeat self.

Call other people whiners in a thread where you are whining.

Tell people it sucks to be them in the same thread where you're telling them they're OP.

Win argument instantly, ride off into sunset like the God you are.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:36 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:31 PM
Address zero points.

Repeat self.

Tell people it sucks to be them in the same thread where you're telling them they're OP.

Be a Friar.

Pretend nothing is wrong.

Defend broken RA to the hilt.

Attack class of person attacking your class.

Win. (With Reflex Attack whilst AFK)

Honestly though, I spent enough time arguing for a change to Bard Amnesia and people still complain about it everyday on Midgard yet nothing has changed, no decision has been made.

This ability isn't something I care enough about to spend time arguing over. It is broken IMO, and I would like to see a change--at least have it not trigger during stuns.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:40 PM by Luluko
Ashenspire wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 4:29 PM
phixion wrote:
Ashenspire wrote:

Are assassins imbalanced because they can kill a caster before the stun from Creeping Death wears off?

There's nothing overpowered about building your character around doing 1 thing well.

You're complaining about a 34 pt RA when you have one that cost you 5 pts that you can just nope the fuck out of the bad fight you picked.
did you just compare a passive ra (reflex attack) to a 15min cd ra which doesnt even help you win fights? Sure friar sucks because he has no speed but so does any other visible class which has no speed and I would love to have speed of the hunt from live. But this ra is a little overthetop no other passive ra is that good.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:45 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:36 PM
kiectred wrote:
Address zero points.

Repeat self.

Be a Friar.

Pretend nothing is wrong.

Defend broken RA to the hilt.

Attack class of person attacking your class.

Win. (With Reflex Attack whilst AFK)

Honestly though, I spent enough time arguing for a change to Bard Amnesia and people still complain about it everyday on Midgard yet nothing has changed, no decision has been made.

This ability isn't something I care enough about to spend time arguing over. It is broken IMO, and I would like to see a change--at least have it not trigger during stuns.

Excuse me, did you even read what I said? You brought up one decent point about the RA itself regarding changes and I agreed with you. If you really don't care, just drop it and quit the "no you care more lol".
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:06 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:45 PM
Excuse me, did you even read what I said? You brought up one decent point about the RA itself regarding changes and I agreed with you. If you really don't care, just drop it and quit the "no you care more lol".

Believe it or not this is not a private PM between you and I, it's a message board for all players. Not everything I say is aimed at you specifically.

Your response to me was absolutely void of substance, why should I continue arguing with someone so childish?

And really, RA is the least of my issues with the server. The Bard Amnesia thread is almost 4 months old at this point, it's full of Bards and Hibs defending it to the hilt, just like this thread is full of Friars defending RA.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:13 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:06 PM
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:45 PM

Believe it or not this is not a private PM between you and I, it's a message board for all players. Not everything I say is aimed at you specifically.

Your response to me was absolutely void of substance, why should I continue arguing with someone so childish?

You've been quoting me directly, it's sorta implied you're having a conversation with me, though it may be public. Honestly what's the deal? I didn't even jump into this conversation quoting you or talking to you. I had an opinion on the subject and you quoted me first and responded directly to comments I made. You're really going hard at this "no u" game.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:18 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:13 PM
You've been quoting me directly, it's sorta implied you're having a conversation with me, though it may be public. Honestly what's the deal? I didn't even jump into this conversation quoting you or talking to you. I had an opinion on the subject and you quoted me first and responded directly to comments I made. You're really going hard at this "no u" game.

I quoted you because the butthurt over stealthers was clear as day:

"Seriously. Sorry the cheesiest solo class in the game can't win every single fight every time. Someone talking about how friar is the only class they can't beat as if that doesn't mean maybe their class needs a nerf... there are tons of other classes a friar won't beat 1v1. Even without RA most friars will beat down an assassin a couple RRs higher; it's just one place the class excels.

Good thing you get to pick basically every single fight you get into and can just vanish if you're unhappy."

What's the point in arguing over an ability with someone when they deflect so much in the process? I didn't understand until I looked you up on the Herald, then it became clear. You play a Friar, defend away.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:20 PM by Ashenspire
Luluko wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:40 PM
Ashenspire wrote:
phixion wrote:

did you just compare a passive ra (reflex attack) to a 15min cd ra which doesnt even help you win fights? Sure friar sucks because he has no speed but so does any other visible class which has no speed and I would love to have speed of the hunt from live. But this ra is a little overthetop no other passive ra is that good.

It's not about whether it helps you win a fight. The moment you vanish, his 34 points in RA are wasted and don't help him win the fight anymore either.

The point is, assassins shouldn't just attack any solo target and expect to win. They should lose more often than not against anything sturdier than an Archer. The fact that you think you should be able to fight a Friar speaks volumes about what you actually want from the game.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:22 PM by phixion
Ashenspire wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:20 PM
It's not about whether it helps you win a fight. The moment you vanish, his 34 points in RA are wasted and don't help him win the fight anymore either.

The point is, assassins shouldn't just attack any solo target and expect to win. They should lose more often than not against anything sturdier than an Archer. The fact that you think you should be able to fight a Friar speaks volumes about what you actually want from the game.

How are his 34 points wasted in a PASSIVE ABILITY which is up 100% OF THE TIME, when they forced you to waste an active RA on a 15 min cooldown?

LOL some people...

Assassins can't beat any target in game, if you think that you haven't played one.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:24 PM by Ceen
Post videos about broken RA's, wonder why everyone wants it to be nerfed.
Be smart and keep your secrets
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:29 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:18 PM
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:13 PM

I quoted you because the butthurt over stealthers was clear as day:

"Seriously. Sorry the cheesiest solo class in the game can't win every single fight every time. Someone talking about how friar is the only class they can't beat as if that doesn't mean maybe their class needs a nerf... there are tons of other classes a friar won't beat 1v1. Even without RA most friars will beat down an assassin a couple RRs higher; it's just one place the class excels.

Good thing you get to pick basically every single fight you get into and can just vanish if you're unhappy."

What's the point in arguing over an ability with someone when they deflect so much in the process? I didn't understand until I looked you up on the Herald, then it became clear. You play a Friar, defend away.

Ok so you're upset I gave an opinion on a class involved in this thread. That instantly means butthurt even though according to you this class is exactly zero threat to me. All I was going for was basically: you almost never have to deal with RA if you don't want to. Just that. Sincerest apologies if the wording was so offensive.

I'm not even sure what you want anymore. You've been moaning about the stun problem and I agreed, now it's about the totally unrelated bard amnesia (which I obviously also agree on).

I also love that "nothing I said was of any substance", considering part of what I said was supportive of your only idea of substance.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:42 PM by Ashenspire
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:22 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

How are his 34 points wasted in a PASSIVE ABILITY which is up 100% OF THE TIME, when they forced you to waste an active RA on a 15 min cooldown?

LOL some people...

Assassins can't beat any target in game, if you think that you haven't played one.

Because after you vanish those 34 pts he spent do nothing to help him kill you.

They didn't force anything, you made a mistake attacking a target designed to murder you and you have the option to rectify that mistake and run away.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:50 PM by Freudinio
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:22 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

LOL some people...

Just because you're terrible on your Shadowblade, doesn't mean everyone else is.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:58 PM by phixion
kiectred wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:29 PM
Ok so you're upset I gave an opinion on a class involved in this thread. That instantly means butthurt even though according to you this class is exactly zero threat to me. All I was going for was basically: you almost never have to deal with RA if you don't want to. Just that. Sincerest apologies if the wording was so offensive.

I'm not even sure what you want anymore. You've been moaning about the stun problem and I agreed, now it's about the totally unrelated bard amnesia (which I obviously also agree on).

I also love that "nothing I said was of any substance", considering part of what I said was supportive of your only idea of substance.

Let me break it down for you, people here tend to play multiple classes/chars, with varying RR.

1: There are without doubt, people on the forums who have been farmed by assassins and have a bee in their bonet, or chip on their shoulder about it. They use any opportunity to be anti-assassin, even in threads that have no relation to assassins.

2: There is also the possibility that lower RR Friars get killed by higher RR assassins, and also get pissed about it. Again, people use any opportunity to be anti-assassin in posts that have nothing to do with assassins.

Here is a great example, this absolute tool is bringing so much to the discussion. He obviously got destroyed by me on multiple occassions and has a huge chip on his shoulder about it.

Freudinio wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:50 PM
Just because you're terrible on your Shadowblade, doesn't mean everyone else is.

You can not call for a nerf on anything without it being turned on assassins, because for some reason people think a 15 minute reusable escape tool is OP. I'm pretty sure a vast number of assassins would have long quit the game if Vanish did not exist simply because of the zerg mentality that is displayed here every day.

Now, regarding Amnesia. I saw how vehemently Hibs and Bards defended it. I also see how Assassins defend Vanish. I also see how Friars are defending RA. My point was that this is not another 4+ month argument I really want to engage in, like the Bard Amnesia one turned out to be. Because quite frankly I'm tired of arguing for change and nothing being done. This is yet another example of a bullshit ability that needs changing and probably won't be changed.

I believe this quote below brings nothing to the argument whatsoever, if you disagree then maybe you can explain what, exactly. Struggling to see it myself.

kiectred wrote:
Address zero points.

Repeat self.

Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:07 PM by kiectred
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:58 PM
kiectred wrote:

Let me break it down for you, people here tend to play multiple classes/chars, with varying RR.

1: There are without doubt, people on the forums who have been farmed by assassins and have a bee in their bonet, or chip on their shoulder about it. They use any opportunity to be anti-assassin, even in threads that have no relation to assassins.

2: There is also the possibility that lower RR Friars get killed by higher RR assassins, and also get pissed about it. Again, people use any opportunity to be anti-assassin in posts that have nothing to do with assassins.

Here is a great example, this absolute tool is bringing so much to the discussion. He obviously got destroyed by me on multiple occassions and has a huge chip on his shoulder about it.

Freudinio wrote:

You can not call for a nerf on anything without it being turned on assassins, because for some reason people think a 15 minute reusable escape tool is OP. I'm pretty sure a vast number of assassins would have long quit the game if Vanish did not exist simply because of the zerg mentality that is displayed here every day.

Now, regarding Amnesia. I saw how vehemently Hibs and Bards defended it. I also see how Assassins defend Vanish. I also see how Friars are defending RA. My point was that this is not another 4+ month argument I really want to engage in, like the Bard Amnesia one turned out to be. Because quite frankly I'm tired of arguing for change and nothing being done. This is yet another example of a bullshit ability that needs changing and probably won't be changed.

I believe this quote below brings nothing to the argument whatsoever, if you disagree then maybe you can explain what, exactly. Struggling to see it myself.

kiectred wrote:
Address zero points.

Repeat self.

All fair points. I maintain this has to do with assassins very much though given the video of 4 assassins and most of the people complaining are assassins.
As for the last quote, I was a bit annoyed you literally ignored everything I said. You're right, that wasn't constructive, but you weren't being constructive either.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:14 PM by Freudinio
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:58 PM
kiectred wrote:

Freudinio wrote:

kiectred wrote:
Address zero points.

Repeat self.

Haha. Wow, that is some great science fiction there buddy. You bring about as much relevance on this forum as you do in emain, farming sub 50's between amg and apk.

Pleb.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:17 PM by phixion
Fair enough, I'm sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

I tend not to re-iterate points someone has agreed with, if I agree with your post I generally won't respond, I tend to fight points I disagree with instead.

I just see a problem and think it needs changing, 4 people attacking 1 guy and being downed like that is ridiculous to me.

I just honestly don't care enough to make this my online mission for the next X months in the hopes it will change, it doesn't affect me enough for me to care. I can simply stealth and watch them run by, that doesn't mean I don't think it's stupid.

Freudinio wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:14 PM
Haha. Wow, that is some great science fiction there buddy. You bring about as much relevance on this forum as you do in emain, farming sub 50's between amg and apk.

Pleb.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head with the butthurt thing, If only I knew who this guy was. I must have hurt him so bad. Probably some low RR zergling who strayed from his zerg.

Just glancing over his post history, this guy has a strong dislike for stealthers. LOL
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:19 PM by Roto23
How long does RA last? Can't you just snare and run away for the duration?
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:20 PM by djegu
Reflex Attack is very powerful against DW class, friar hit like a truck and have good evade + insane proc, so yeah it's make them a very powerful 1v1 class and even powerful smallman class, but don't nerf them, because that RAs is already back firing to them, they are getting more and more ignored/avoided by people.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:21 PM by Freudinio
The amnesia thing is bullshit. Being able to control every single engagement is just so powerfull. It was the sole reason my guild went Hibernia for a while (that and Blademasters). I don't understand how it flies, but then again, unified RA's fucked albs over the most in regards to setup. It is what it is, I guess.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:22 PM by djegu
Roto23 wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:19 PM

It's a passive RA so it's work every time even when the friar is stun for example, you can snare but the friar also have a back style snare, so it's tricky.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:23 PM by phixion
Freudinio wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:21 PM
The amnesia thing is bullshit. Being able to control every single engagement is just so powerfull. It was the sole reason my guild went Hibernia for a while (that and Blademasters). I don't understand how it flies, but then again, unified RA's fucked albs over the most in regards to setup. It is what it is, I guess.

Wait, your entire guild moved to Hib because of Amnesia and Blademasters?

Holy shit. Who are the quitter brigade? Any of them ever get over RR5?
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:32 PM by Freudinio
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:17 PM

I tend not to re-iterate points someone has agreed with, if I agree with your post I generally won't respond, I tend to fight points I disagree with instead.

I just see a problem and think it needs changing, 4 people attacking 1 guy and being downed like that is ridiculous to me.

I just honestly don't care enough to make this my online mission for the next X months in the hopes it will change, it doesn't affect me enough for me to care. I can simply stealth and watch them run by, that doesn't mean I don't think it's stupid.

Freudinio wrote:

Pleb.

Looks like I hit the nail on the head with the butthurt thing, If only I knew who this guy was. I must have hurt him so bad. Probably some low RR zergling who strayed from his zerg.

Just glancing over his post history, this guy has a strong dislike for stealthers. LOL

Generally, yes I do. My stance with you is this: You're rr10 - All I see you do is farm sub 50's and twoshot casters. That's all fine and good (us taskers appreciate it), but when you come on the forum and complain that stealthers are somehow weak, when stealthers half your rank easily provide good fights 1v1 against my arms I am going to call you out.

Just because you stopped jumping me after I killed you once after I got 50 and templated, doesn't mean Mavella doesn't kick my ass more than I would like to admit. Stealthers are in a really good place on this server, because of rich target selection, lack of buffbots and selective targeting. Sure you play it smart to maximise RP/Hour and that's your call. It does not make you qualified to speak on what assassins can and can not kill though.

And you didn't get that out of me calling you a pleb, I am not sure what to tell you man.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:34 PM by Freudinio
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:23 PM
Freudinio wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:21 PM

Wait, your entire guild moved to Hib because of Amnesia and Blademasters?

Holy shit. Who are the quitter brigade? Any of them ever get over RR5?

Yeah most did. Those who are left are in mid now though. You can keep 'em!
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:37 PM by phixion
Freudinio wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:32 PM
Generally, yes I do. My stance with you is this: You're rr10 - All I see you do is farm sub 50's and twoshot casters. That's all fine and good (us taskers appreciate it), but when you come on the forum and complain that stealthers are somehow weak, when stealthers half your rank easily provide good fights 1v1 against my arms I am going to call you out.

Just because you stopped jumping me after I killed you once after I got 50 and templated, doesn't mean Mavella doesn't kick my ass more than I would like to admit. Stealthers are in a really good place on this server, because of rich target selection, lack of buffbots and selective targeting. Sure you play it smart to maximise RP/Hour and that's your call. It does not make you qualified to speak on what assassins can and can not kill though.

And you didn't get that out of me calling you a pleb, I am not sure what to tell you man.

Aww... Diddums!

I never said stealthers were weak, not sure where you read that. I said that stealthers cannot jump any old target, we have to pick and choose. How do you expect a stealther to fight an Armsman or Paladin when the typical Alb zergfest is just around the corner? That would require *GOD FORBID* Vanish to get away.

Must be frustrating as hell for you though, I can understand that.

Who are you again? You list your chars, but no names... I'd be interested to see who you are considering you claim I'm avoiding you.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:38 PM by Yokahu
Butterfly effect... it all started when friars were bumped up in the damage table.

The RA drama would be way less if friars damage sucked.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:47 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Yokahu wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:38 PM
Butterfly effect... it all started when friars were bumped up in the damage table.

I think you're the first one to mention this probable correlation.

Besides, Friars aren't unkillable. I fought 3-4 different staff friars during the event and won each fight.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:05 PM by mhenfhis
Yokahu wrote:

This.

Dmg table increase, 2h and slow weapon are nice for reflex attack.

Imagine a zerk with a 6.0 2h with RA.

They only thing they need to update is to make not work in stun, like on live. I know the 1º version implement with nf working thou stun, but doesnt make it less op.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:06 PM by Mavella
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:47 PM
Yokahu wrote:

Besides, Friars aren't unkillable. I fought 3-4 different staff friars during the event and won each fight.

You also likely have significantly higher weaponskill than stealthers and dirty tricks can severely hamper this RAs ability to function. Did any of them even bother to try and kite out dirty tricks or did they just die and then not /release for 30 seconds as they scrolled up trying to figure out what happened?

Edit: you also get the fortune of being resistant to crush with much higher abs than your typical stealther I doubt you're getting nailed for 225 every time this RA proc does land.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:19 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Mavella wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:06 PM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Yokahu wrote:

You also likely have significantly higher weaponskill than stealthers and dirty tricks can severely hamper this RAs ability to function. Did any of them even bother to try and kite out dirty tricks or did they just die and then not /release for 30 seconds as they scrolled up trying to figure out what happened?

Edit: you also get the fortune of being resistant to crush with much higher abs than your typical stealther I doubt you're getting nailed for 225 every time this RA proc does land.

I run at 1725 weapon skill with combined forces + str/con charge.

No I didn't use dirty tricks every time, I'm fairly certain I only used it once iirc.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:21 PM by Mavella
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:19 PM
Mavella wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:06 PM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:

I run at 1725 weapon skill with combined forces + str/con charge.

No I didn't use dirty tricks every time, I'm fairly certain I only used it once iirc.

Mines 1304 buffed out with Aug str 6. Tough life!
Wed 24 Apr 2019 8:58 PM by Luluko
Ashenspire wrote:
Luluko wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:40 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

I dont care if I could beat a friar with a sb since I dont even play one and most friars even without reflex attack would woop the ass of a sb in a 1vs1 thanks to the self haste buff and having a 2h assuming the friar has purge up if he eats pa+cd. And I also have det9 on my skald and solo a lot and have nothing from it when I fight any tank or assassin that doesnt make those points useless tho. Just comparing reflex attack to vanish is just dumb and so is vanish I also prlly lost out on so many rps on my skald because of vanish but at least I can just mezz them after pa and just move on then they usually waste their purge and I am gone since I know they will vanish anyway if they lose. But like in the video shown no other class could do that except some other classes with reflex attack. I dont really have a problem with it really and dont care if it gets nerfed or not but in situations like in the video its clearly op.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 10:12 PM by Sayuri
just for information i try to do the same vs 4 hib and i die and dont even killed 1 the ns i was fighting for survive with 5%, this RA is op when luck is with you but if not its just 34 points in wind
Wed 24 Apr 2019 11:30 PM by Mavella
Sayuri wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 10:12 PM
just for information i try to do the same vs 4 hib and i die and dont even killed 1 the ns i was fighting for survive with 5%, this RA is op when luck is with you but if not its just 34 points in wind

I'd hardly call it luck when it's pretty much guaranteed to proc once every combat round vs LA users. The whole "it a only useful if getting hit" argument is completely brain dead as well are my 30 points invested in purge 5 wasted every fight I don't have to use it? Is the points in Aug str 6 and mop 6 wasted if I can't get into melee range to actually hit something?

This is literally a focus shield on massive steroids and its comical people even try and defend it.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:38 AM by HtGeist
SB's shoulda gone for the 2hander..it reduces friars parry,evade on both sides wont care,but dual wilding has no impact on parry and just creates more and lesser hits to proc reflex attack. but yea low SB's the struggle is real..
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:02 AM by t4coops
damn that friar must watch them huehuaehue tapes
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:48 AM by Pops999
phixion wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:17 PM

Freudinio wrote:

Pleb.

The butt hurt is you on your opening post in this thread. Finally a rock to your scissor and of course you think it's OP and needs to be nerfed. Meanwhile while you sit at a PK picking off the weak (who can't simply stealth and run on by) and vanish the second you are done.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 8:46 AM by Topas
4 SB killed by 1 Friar and a lot of QQ it is ridiculous. Is that the reason to build steltherzergs? lol
Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:00 PM by Roto23
djegu wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:22 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 7:19 PM

It's a passive RA so it's work every time even when the friar is stun for example, you can snare but the friar also have a back style snare, so it's tricky.

wtf, way too OP. It should be on a 10 minute timer and last 30 seconds
Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:33 PM by Hejjin
When I first saw the video I thought the relatively poor performance of the SB's was down to experience, or lack thereof, but I have just looked them up : 7L9, 6L1, 3L7 and a lvl 47 that is 2L9, I was expecting all of them to be low RR and possibly even lower level. I wish more of the assassins I have encountered on my Friar performed as well as these four... Sayuki was 5L1 at the time this video was posted, so he used 30 out of a possible 41 realm points to get RA5.

Even though my albion main is a friar, there are elements of RA that I find troubling, but in this instance I believe it was more down to poor tactics from the SB's than anything else, RA performs best against DW'ers using fast weapons.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:44 PM by phixion
Pops999 wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:48 AM
The butt hurt is you on your opening post in this thread. Finally a rock to your scissor and of course you think it's OP and needs to be nerfed. Meanwhile while you sit at a PK picking off the weak (who can't simply stealth and run on by) and vanish the second you are done.

Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:55 PM by Sayuri
none of them disease me so my both insta heal healed me for 100% instead of 50% and i dont speak about the heal proc on my chest
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:22 PM by Rhox
Dumb question does it work in PvE? Might play around with one some night in my never ending quest to avoid RvR. :-)
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:26 PM by Sindralor
Very poor tactic from the Sb's, should've brought 2 more incase he dropped ST or IP

It does work in PvE too btw
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:47 PM by phixion
Rhox wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:22 PM
Dumb question does it work in PvE? Might play around with one some night in my never ending quest to avoid RvR. :-)

Yes, people use it to farm.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:42 PM by Rhox
phixion wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:47 PM
Rhox wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 3:22 PM

Yes, people use it to farm.

Sweet Phixion you have the green light to PA my level 1 Friar in the face later tonight. Need those RR for my OPed RAs ;-)
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:46 PM by Turt
@GM's close the thread in my opinion.

This is mainly 2 people goin back and forth at each other.

Thanks.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:27 PM by Luluko
Turt wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:46 PM
@GM's close the thread in my opinion.

This is mainly 2 people goin back and forth at each other.

Thanks.

how about no? there are plenty more than 2 posting here just because you dont want something nerfed doesnt mean we should get censored
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:50 AM by Haruspex
I want this to not get fixed so my girlfriend can have a blast.

But let’s face it. It should not work while stunned. Otherwise there is no issue
Fri 26 Apr 2019 6:34 AM by Tamy
I agree that it should not work while the friar is stunned. Other than that I would say working as intended.

Like also mentioned in the thread: There are probably a few other problems that should be addressed first which are affecting more players.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:10 PM by Sindralor
Pretty sure it had a cooldown once it procced on live - might wanna look into that kinda solution.
I know friars are in a bad spot grp wise, but thats no excuse to let an entire realm ability be broken.
Especially since that RA doesn't do anything for their grp viability anyway
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:18 PM by Yokahu
Sindralor wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:10 PM
Pretty sure it had a cooldown once it procced on live - might wanna look into that kinda solution.
I know friars are in a bad spot grp wise, but thats no excuse to let an entire realm ability be broken.
Especially since that RA doesn't do anything for their grp viability anyway

Well, I hope the solution (if there is anything to do) is well thought out because as you said, friars are in a bad spot groupwise and an RA nerf might also put them on a bad spot solowise.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:33 PM by kratoxin
Saroi wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:57 PM
^^^ killing 4 SB's in less than 30 sec working very well i see! #rerolling friar!
Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:20 PM by Cruella
i tried to run solo on my friar yesterday and had 2 fair 1on1 fights in 3 hours. rest of the time i got jumped by multiple stealthers...smallmans..or fullgroups.
From the 2 fights it was 50:50 against the same SB. Im only 4l2 so i got reflex5,tireless and lw. The fight i won a close one . So yeah i guess when i reach something ike rr7 with static....purge and ip.....the friar could become dangerous. But all that whining about the one friar killing 4 sbs out of proc-luck ist just plain silly. Try to run on your friar. Good luck with that climbing the rrs "fast".
Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:28 PM by kratoxin
the friar defense is strong here guys
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:14 PM by Hejjin
kratoxin wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:33 PM
Saroi wrote:
^^^ killing 4 SB's in less than 30 sec working very well i see! #rerolling friar!

I honestly have no idea if it is working as intended, as I never played a Friar on DAoC, I do know that fighting BM's and 'zerkers does not have that effect, indeed against well played assassins it does not. That is not to say that there no problems with RA, for there clearly are. I have noticed the number of friars increase substantially and it appears to becoming a FOTM class.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, the following are the issues that I see with with RA :
1. RA still works when stunned, and for full unstyled damage.
2. RA uses the swing speed of the staff to calculate damage, but does not use swing speed to determine how many RA attacks it can make, (it would seem better if this was normalised to the damage of a faster staff).
3. RA causes the staff to proc too often

For those that played a Friar on live, was it the same as on here?

For the record my Friar is Dhavon, and as can be clearly seen from the Herald, I am not a solo specialist.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:26 PM by Menfany
Funny SB complaining about getting kicked in the ass from a class which is somehow DESIGNED to do this.. while its totally ok for them to kill a shield tank while he is stunned the whole time in one PA combo..
can you spell.. double standards?
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:28 PM by Sindralor
Cruella wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:20 PM

i tried to run solo on my friar yesterday and had 2 fair 1on1 fights in 3 hours. rest of the time i got jumped by multiple stealthers...smallmans..or fullgroups.

Got nothing to do with reflex attack - is that some kind of argument why it should be bugged and not fixed?
also this applies to everyone.

From the 2 fights it was 50:50 against the same SB. Im only 4l2 so i got reflex5,tireless and lw. The fight i won a close one .

what rank was the Sb ? Did he perf stun you and you didnt have purge up and still won? what kind of charges? etc
Did you press your haste buff? This doesn't really mean much.

So yeah i guess when i reach something ike rr7 with static....purge andip.....the friar could become dangerous.
AND Reflex Attack? fun

But all that whining about the one friar killing 4 sbs out of proc-luck ist just plain silly. Try to run on your friar. Good luck with that climbing the rrs "fast".

Are you serious?

Also what does climbing rr fast having to do with the imbalance of reflex attack? are you trolling?
Friar is viable and strong to solo on regardless of having Reflex attack or not - just HAVING it makes you so so so much more powerful tho.
Its broken on Zerk/Merc aswell, but Friars also have ST and at one point you have to ask yourself is that really ok in combination with all those other RA's like IP
You want easy rps fighting sneaks and thats ok man, but don't pretend like friars solo viability would be gutted just cause of some reflex attack tweaks that would probably be healthy overall.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:32 PM by Sindralor
Menfany wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:26 PM
Funny SB complaining about getting kicked in the ass from a class which is somehow DESIGNED to do this.. while its totally ok for them to kill a shield tank while he is stunned the whole time in one PA combo..

The fuck are you even on about? How do you get stunned in a perf combo as a tank? literally just /face and Engage or just press the slam.
You are too slow and it gets through? JUST PURGE it. What ?

Whos complaining about their ass getting kicked? this is about the Realm Ability and not class balance, its fine to own stealthers easily as Friar,
but to 1v4 WITHOUT purge WITHOUT ip - thats fucked up.
That's where i draw the line. And it should be drawn.

Get real dude
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:37 PM by kratoxin
not to mention he only really "hit 2 targets" while the other 2 died to reflex...or vanished hmm..
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:43 PM by Hejjin
Sindralor wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:28 PM
snip...
Friar is viable and strong to solo on regardless of having Reflex attack or not - just HAVING it makes you so so so much more powerful tho.
Its broken on Zerk/Merc aswell, but Friars also have ST and at one point you have to ask yourself is that really ok in combination with all those other RA's like IP
You want easy rps fighting sneaks and thats ok man, but don't pretend like friars solo viability would be gutted just cause of some reflex attack tweaks that would probably be healthy overall.
I have fought Zerks, BM's and even Savages, none of them seem to have the issue that some assassins do . Currently it seems to be the rock to DW's using fast weapons scissors.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 4:01 PM by Turano
Hejjin wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:43 PM
I have fought Zerks, BM's and even Savages, none of them seem to have the issue that some assassins do . Currently it seems to be the rock to DW's using fast weapons scissors.
Zerks, BM's and even Savages are off tanks with tank damage, tank HP and reinforced armor
Assassins have stealther damage tables, stealther HP and leather armor. That's the difference
Off tanks can tank more RA hits while also killing a friars faster

Btw where do you get the idea that assas use faster weapons?
Fri 26 Apr 2019 4:27 PM by Hejjin
Turano wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 4:01 PM
Hejjin wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:43 PM
Zerks, BM's and even Savages are off tanks with tank damage, tank HP and reinforced armor
Assassins have stealther damage tables, stealther HP and leather armor. That's the difference
Off tanks can tank more RA hits while also killing a friars faster

Btw where do you get the idea that assas use faster weapons?
So it is really only an issue against assassins then...

As for faster weapons, mostly from listening to assassins give advice, never played one, so it is not my area of knowledge.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 5:00 PM by Menfany
Sindralor wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:32 PM
Menfany wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:26 PM

The fuck are you even on about? How do you get stunned in a perf combo as a tank? literally just /face and Engage or just press the slam.
You are too slow and it gets through? JUST PURGE it. What ?

Whos complaining about their ass getting kicked? this is about the Realm Ability and not class balance, its fine to own stealthers easily as Friar,
but to 1v4 WITHOUT purge WITHOUT ip - thats fucked up.
That's where i draw the line. And it should be drawn.

Get real dude
Pressed face... slamed.. he evaded..
Keep your stupid predictions about my performance for yourself..
Also the your "hint" to use purge.. since when an active RA is needed to survive an stealther attack on an shield tank?
Like you complain a Friar didnt needed RAs..
And i draw the line at the point.. NO shield tank with 50+ points in shield and chain armor should die while he is stunned from 1 PA comb".. and there it should be drawn.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 5:56 PM by paul_g
Ya'll a friar came through the mile gate last night, let out a fart and 4 of my Ranger brethren died =(
Fri 26 Apr 2019 6:23 PM by kratoxin
paul_g wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 5:56 PM
Ya'll a friar came through the mile gate last night, let out a fart and 4 of my Ranger brethren died =(

This! LOL !! same thing on Midgard last night farted and destroyed 4 chain wearers and the rest of us ran like Sonic on crack.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 6:34 PM by BisbyHoughton
paul_g wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 5:56 PM

That was me, ate some sauerkraut. My bad!
Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:40 PM by Bumbles
Hejjin wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:14 PM
kratoxin wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 12:33 PM
Saroi wrote:

I honestly have no idea if it is working as intended, as I never played a Friar on DAoC, I do know that fighting BM's and 'zerkers does not have that effect, indeed against well played assassins it does not. That is not to say that there no problems with RA, for there clearly are. I have noticed the number of friars increase substantially and it appears to becoming a FOTM class.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, the following are the issues that I see with with RA :
1. RA still works when stunned, and for full unstyled damage.
2. RA uses the swing speed of the staff to calculate damage, but does not use swing speed to determine how many RA attacks it can make, (it would seem better if this was normalised to the damage of a faster staff).
3. RA causes the staff to proc too often

For those that played a Friar on live, was it the same as on here?

For the record my Friar is Dhavon, and as can be clearly seen from the Herald, I am not a solo specialist.

Relfex is Unstyled damage....
Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:42 PM by Bumbles
This whole thread is an extension of the "buff my gimp SB"post. "Solo" stealthers sad that they can't kill every class all the time, news at 11.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:47 PM by ggherardi
Sindralor wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:28 PM
Cruella wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:20 PM

Got nothing to do with reflex attack - is that some kind of argument why it should be bugged and not fixed?
also this applies to everyone.

From the 2 fights it was 50:50 against the same SB. Im only 4l2 so i got reflex5,tireless and lw. The fight i won a close one .

what rank was the Sb ? Did he perf stun you and you didnt have purge up and still won? what kind of charges? etc
Did you press your haste buff? This doesn't really mean much.

So yeah i guess when i reach something ike rr7 with static....purge andip.....the friar could become dangerous.
AND Reflex Attack? fun

But all that whining about the one friar killing 4 sbs out of proc-luck ist just plain silly. Try to run on your friar. Good luck with that climbing the rrs "fast".

Are you serious?

Also what does climbing rr fast having to do with the imbalance of reflex attack? are you trolling?

So said the guy in the realm with a class that has TWF + NM.

Please.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:28 AM by SlowMo
There is one vid showing that a 30 point ra invest is strong as hell.
Just as any 30 Point ra. And lets Face it, no sb landed pa or bs. There is a Big Chance the result would be the same if they jumped a Full Tank like this.
Would be nice to See Results of this Match up After 20 fights. I bet it wouldnt be so op as its stated right now.
Before swinging the Nerf Hammer i Hope devs Look into this and make sure there wasnt just Some insane luck involved.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 7:41 AM by Drominchen
SlowMo wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:28 AM
Just as any 30 Point ra. And lets Face it, no sb landed pa or bs. There is a Big Chance the result would be the same if they jumped a Full Tank like this.
Would be nice to See Results of this Match up After 20 fights. I bet it wouldnt be so op as its stated right now.
Before swinging the Nerf Hammer i Hope devs Look into this and make sure there wasnt just Some insane luck involved.

Only other RA that could let you kill 4 others (being hit in the back most of the time so no defense!) could be TWF. No other RA lets you hit others while stunned 360°...

In my opinion Reflex Attack should not work while stunned and only frontal ark except on classes with advanced evade. I cannot remember anyone ever saying this RA is a strong choice on live so something is not working as it should.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 7:51 AM by Hejjin
Bumbles wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 11:40 PM
Relfex is Unstyled damage....
I know, I even make reference to it being unstyled,so can your clarify what your point is?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:03 AM by Hejjin
SlowMo wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:28 AM
Just before I saw Sayuki's video I was returning to APK in Emain from Dun Crau when I got jumped by 2 SB's at AMG, PA did land, and I landed on the ground a few seconds later, so RA is not an automatic IWIN button against all assassins, let alone against all melee classes. Should aspects of it be looked at, certainly, but not solely because assassins are used to being able to solo almost every class in the game and dislike the fact that there is 1 melee class they have problems against.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:15 AM by Pops999
phixion wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:44 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:48 AM

You didn't edit out the butthurt.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics